Complaints about Moderation.

NEMO.BOFH

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes when a thread gets out of hand, yes. The concerned posts are mostly set to invisible by us then.

And it would make no real point (from our side) telling people about deleted posts. If we feel something shouldn't be seen, it would make no point in informing the public that there is something that is not to be seen.

I would understand the argumentation from your side that it's not that nice to not be informed ... and you're probably thinking now what happens in the back when you don't look. Don't worry. It doesn't happen very often that we set posts to invisible ... and if there have been actions, we are internally discussing (if it's no spambot that is) to keep an eye on the situation.

Well as it relates specifically to a reply I made on the thread, which although asinine had a valid point.

Namely charging 75 Euros for 3 secondhand CDs. I merely commented that the seller seemed to be either someone

feeding a crack habit or a bread head.

:D

Well as it relates specifically to a reply I made on the thread, which although asinine had a valid point.

Namely charging 75 Euros for 3 secondhand CDs. I merely commented that the seller seemed to be either someone

Too bad posts like these get deleted IMO :\

Mods stop playing your role more serious than you should ;)

I find that comment an insult. Maybe you dont and think it's a good ol joke. I do understand why it was deleted.

I agree. More to the point though, I think it could undermine the OP's ability to sell. I have no idea whether E75 is a good price for the CD's or not, but if someone is willing to pay that much then fair play to the seller. Essentially your (TV) post was saying "don't buy this for that price" - I think it would set a bad precedent if we were to allow stuff like that.

(Of course I can imagine exceptions, e.g. if someone were buying new CD's from a label site, trying to pass them off as being hard to get and out of print and reselling them at a large profit. But in such a case I would have thought the seller should be reported rather than just leaving a snarky comment in his thread.)

I agree. More to the point though, I think it could undermine the OP's ability to sell. I have no idea whether E75 is a good price for the CD's or not, but if someone is willing to pay that much then fair play to the seller. Essentially your (TV) post was saying "don't buy this for that price" - I think it would set a bad precedent if we were to allow stuff like that.

(Of course I can imagine exceptions, e.g. if someone were buying new CD's from a label site, trying to pass them off as being hard to get and out of print and reselling them at a large profit. But in such a case I would have thought the seller should be reported rather than just leaving a snarky comment in his thread.)

In context, the OP's listed price is very cheap for those particular CD's.

TranceVisuals Comment was practically an out of the blue insult with nothing redeeming it as a "joke". If you have a problem or a question about the items/price then do ask, but there's no need to behave in such bad manner, especially in the Sale/Trade section. You don't see people behave that way on other online markets.

Now the moderation complaint seems to be that you weren't notified of this action - duly noted.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not at all happy about the way Veracohr moderated this debate:

http://www.psynews.o...ds/page__st__80

Folks, this is a friendly reminder to keep the discussion on-topic, about the music, NOT about each other. Difference of opinion is good! B)

In reply to Frozen Dreams two IMO over the top very one sided die-hard IM pro posts I wrote that I thought it was pointless to debate with a person who IMO write such nonsense and have such a fixed view on IM. Furthermore I wrote to Tatsu that I would return with a better explanation to her question to me.

This was deleted by Veracohr and when I asked why with the same examples as here it was also deleted. In private he wrote me a standard answer that I did not write about the music (go figure).

I don't think it's OK to censure me but allow another person to example insinuate that my view on IM's MUSIC is blasphemy. Bad moderation and judgement IMO.

I would have kept this in private IF Veracohr had bothered to actually listen to my point.

Kristian

what is all of this mad blasphemy??

This does not contribute to anything and I do not find it OK to call my view on IM vs. copying other artists as Blasphemy.

in fact, i could say this alot more easier

if you've got two ears on your head and have heard a track like let's say Spaniard or just about any other track they made before 2002, and then calling them rippers is just a fucking joke :lol:

Could the mods enlighten me about what this contribute and if this is constructive debating?

P.S! The reason why I react is because I dislike this over the top moderation going on at the moment. It's not even allowed to go on step outside a topic and Bang it gets deleted or even edited (that's a NO GO). Not good guys!

Tbh honest I don't see something wrong with FD's reply. His first post was about IM and why according to him sound original.

The mad blasphemy phrase is the start of his post.

His second post is a bit over the top, but still is on topic. It's about IM and their sound.

Your post deleted because all you did was to call FD an IM die hard fan. That was unnecessary.

I guess it's a lost cause with you guys. But it's OK to call my view blasphemy? And why is it not OK to tell someone it's a waste of time IMO to debate with him?

The fact is that a person is a die-hard fan if they are not at all willing to hear other opinions. We had just stared IMO an nice debate where I read Tatsu's good points and I was about to answer Tatsu with a sober answer why I think IM has copied some other artists. A detailed answer to her questions. And then I see his very narrow reply and told him I did not see any idea in debating with him. Please enlighten me (without the standard answer it's not about music) what's wrong with that answer or does it has to be totally within a subject to not be deleted or edited?

Come on man. Was that mad blasphemy really that insulting? You make it sound way worse than it is.

And there wasn't any debate between you and FD. You called him a die hard IM fan with no reason to speak with him before you debate with him.

You were the biased here.

Come on man. Was that mad blasphemy really that insulting? You make it sound way worse than it is.

And there wasn't any debate between you and FD. You called him a die hard IM fan with no reason to speak with him before you debate with him.

You were the biased here.

Apparently you got a very fixed view on things - sadly or do not like criticism when it come to the way you guys moderate? And yes I do not think it's smart to join a debate (jumping in after page whatever) and call people's opinions blasphemy before even writing anything else. But I guess it's not even worth the time complaining here. You guys do what you want to do apparently.

I wrote to him that the way he debated was not worth the time (Not exactly that way but you got my point) and apparently that was off-topic to you guys. His blasphemy comment and other "giggles" was apparently on topic ;)

Also I doubt you bothred to read all I wrote and why I complained. It was because I was censured for stepping a tiny bit over the "on-topic" line while you allowed him to step over it too with no censorship. For the record i hate censorship and find your reason nitpicking! B Ut I also hate favoring!

Apparently you got a very fixed view on things - sadly or do not like criticism when it come to the way you guys moderate? And yes I do not think it's smart to join a debate (jumping in after page whatever) and call people's opinions blasphemy before even writing anything else. But I guess it's not even worth the time complaining here. You guys do what you want to do apparently.

I wrote to him that the way he debated was not worth the time (Not exactly that way but you got my point) and apparently that was off-topic to you guys. His blasphemy comment and other "giggles" was apparently on topic ;)

Also I doubt you bothred to read all I wrote and why I complained. It was because I was censured for stepping a tiny bit over the "on-topic" line while you allowed him to step over it too with no censorship. For the record i hate censorship and find your reason nitpicking! B Ut I also hate favoring!

We're not favoring anyone! FYI even one of my posts got deleted by another mod in the same thread because it was off topic.

I agree that FD's post was a bit too much, but again it was on topic. He only spoke about IM and their sound.

Your post however deleted because it wasn't about IM, it was about FD. You call him a diehard fan not worth of debating before you even debate with him.

We're not favoring anyone! FYI even one of my posts got deleted by another mod in the same thread because it was off topic.

I agree that FD's post was a bit too much, but again it was on topic. He only spoke about IM and their sound.

Your post however deleted because it wasn't about IM, it was about FD. You call him a diehard fan not worth of debating before you even debate with him.

I guess we just have to disagree. Starting with the blasphemy is about me and not the music ;)

Again I don't care what he wrote and I am not out to censor him. However I do think you guys should lighten up a tiny bit with your moderation. I can only speak about myself but it kill my interest in continue a debate when I am being silenced for such small petty details.

I don't know how did you Kristian figured out that Stryder/Frozen Dream pointed at your opinion, probably you're not the only person on this planet who got opinion about IM in way that they borrowed something from other artists for their debut. Stryder didn't even quoted you and he only posted his perspective about the topic subject. There is no need for such a drama, especially because moderators and administrators are doing great job here (even they deleted my post a month or two ago about your attentionwhoreism ).

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong section, I know, but I don't know where else to post this. Can one of the lovely mods (who I'd love to have sex with :wub: ) please reset my warn status. I ain't posted in over 2 years and yet it's still at 66%. That can't be right. Especially as I've spent the last few years developing a cure for aids, digging wells in Africa, kissing lepers, convincing the blind that sight is overrated, walking on water, and pretty much doing everything that Jesus did and more.

Wrong section, I know, but I don't know where else to post this. Can one of the lovely mods (who I'd love to have sex with :wub: ) please reset my warn status. I ain't posted in over 2 years and yet it's still at 66%. That can't be right. Especially as I've spent the last few years developing a cure for aids, digging wells in Africa, kissing lepers, convincing the blind that sight is overrated, walking on water, and pretty much doing everything that Jesus did and more.

Fair enough.

But as far as I know I don't think any of the admins or mods are inte sex with other men.

I suggest you read here for some updates about the site: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/60926-psynews-news/

And here for some fun about the off topic launch: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/61196-announcement-the-off-topic-launch/

• 5 months later...
Guest nectarios

What were the reasons for making posts invisible in the "trance in the rest of the world" then?

And don't tell me they were unrelated to the thread. The grounds on which a country makes a trance scene viable has very much to do with "trance in the rest of the world".

If the reason was the mods posting stuff they regret posting, you could have simply edited the mods comments, cause it seems like its a waste of time to post here, in case mods cross the line with less than intelligent posts...

...so care to explain why someone should spend time posting here? cause if a mod goes out of order, or gets in a corner and then decides to quote an older post from a user that admits hatred based on sexual orientation, that time spent would go to waste with making posts invisible...

Peace out.

What were the reasons for making posts invisible in the "trance in the rest of the world" then?

Imba suggested it (in a post that's now invisible).

And don't tell me they were unrelated to the thread. The grounds on which a country makes a trance scene viable has very much to do with "trance in the rest of the world".

I agree, but unfortunately my first reply led to a number of exchanges that had less to do with the subject and were instead personal attacks. I've edited some of the offending material out of my and others' posts, and also set some invisible; another mod set a load more posts invisible. If there's something in particular that was removed but that you feel shouldn't have been then let us know.

If the reason was the mods posting stuff they regret posting, you could have simply edited the mods comments, cause it seems like its a waste of time to post here, in case mods cross the line with less than intelligent posts...

...so care to explain why someone should spend time posting here?

Nope. Post here because you want to, if you want to - nobody is forcing you.

Guest nectarios

this is a waste of time. can you please erase my profile?, failing that, please change my name to inactive user or something.

peace out.

Why? If your profile is erased then it's erased for good. There's nothing stopping you just being inactive if that's what you want, which gives you the option of changing your mind at a later date.