Insejn?

i've been watching you earthlings for quite some time now

just want to say hello

now after 0daybrain is finally banned, i don't have any more complaints so far

but big brother is still watching you!

That's right! I'm watching you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If one were to look through the list of past users here at Psynews, one would see that there have been innumerable one or two post users in the past.

So many users that I bet a new user on these forums would have a few choices for names rejected.

Could all these names of people, or duplicate logins be deleted? Say, after 3 years of inactivity, perhaps 5 years of no new postings would be enough to show that it was not a real user of the forum, just someone who registered and then left, or never remembered their password.

If one were to look through the list of past users here at Psynews, one would see that there have been innumerable one or two post users in the past.

So many users that I bet a new user on these forums would have a few choices for names rejected.

Could all these names of people, or duplicate logins be deleted? Say, after 3 years of inactivity, perhaps 5 years of no new postings would be enough to show that it was not a real user of the forum, just someone who registered and then left, or never remembered their password.

Yes, good point.

Some time ago I had the same thought - I thought it would be a good idea to look through the member list and remove such members. And I already made a secret bet about how many spam bots I'd actually find ... also such ones that registered but never posted :)

However, there is no setting I know of that deletes members after years of inactivity.

I will try to check this someday, maybe I can do something. Or maybe one evening I have the nerve, sit down with a bottle of good Whisky and scan through the member list by hand. But I don't think it'll be so soon...

Nevertheless, it's a good input and we will try to consider it ;)

• 2 months later...

Rotwang I don't think you are capable of being a mod and should quit doing it

for the following reasons:

1) You are willing to go reduce yourself to low levels of bigotry just to try teach someone a lesson:

Wait, you like racist music?

2) You are arrogant by your own admission

3) You are willing to resort to personal attacks and call people "fucks" just because they call the music you like "incoherent/random"

4) You threaten Elysium, a guy you clearly don't like, even though he did not cross any lines. He was voicing his disagreement (however right or wrong) with Tatsu

in a civil manner without any personal insults. Can't help but think you have a personal vendetta against him from your previous exchanges with him.

5) I think you are hypocritical for portraying yourself and your darkpsy friends as respectful to other genres, yet you are dead silent on

exotic's post "Goa trance people only listen to Goa and as a result have become narrow-minded to the extent that they feel no other genre of music can come close to feelings of extacy, oneness and joy it can bring."

He not only generalizes about Goa trance as music, he does so about people who listen to it. If you were that sensitive for me calling Darkpsy "incoherent/random" what would you then say

if I called people who like Darkpsy narrow minded?

Not only were you silent on that exotic's comment, but you proceed to defend him when he asks for your help:

Rotwang your turn!

I find that very hypocritical and biased.......

I think you should quit or be relieved of the mod duties. I believe it's too much of a challenge for you to handle.

Visine: are any of your complaints (which I don't intend to address point-by-point, since it's evident from the other thread that that would do no good) actually relevant to my status as a moderator? In particular, do you feel that I took some mod action that I shouldn't have taken? Or that I didn't take some mod action that I should have? Or that being a mod somehow excludes me from the same posting rights as other members?

Or is your whole post just another attempt to change the subject instead of addressing the actual points I've made or answering the actual questions I've asked you?

I think that Visine has some valid point in that the discussion went personal and ridiculous (which he also contributed to himself). I don't find it tasteful for any forum-members to discuss like that (goes for both Visine and Rotwang), and yes especially a moderator of this site, so yes there are things that are worth criticism but hardly enough for someone to "re-sign" as a moderator, and same goes for warnings (none were giving). Of course if this becomes a repeating matter it might be a different matter (which I am sure it will not be), but we (the moderation team) have discussed the line before and believe there should be leg-room, since no one wants to run a terror regime ;) But Visine if you don't see you own part in derailing the debate then I don't understand the real reason for posting this complain, I can understand that you feel that you lines were crossed, but usually it takes two to reach that state.

And some points are definitively out of proportion (4), I saw no threats being made ;)

In particular, do you feel that I took some mod action that I shouldn't have taken? Or that I didn't take some mod action that I should have? Or that being a mod somehow excludes me from the same posting rights as other members?

I think you as a mod at very minimum need to respect the very rules of this forum you are trying to moderate regardless of whether you are acting as a user or a mod.

It makes sense that mods embody the image of a constructive, positive debater and be examples for others in their daily conduct given the responsiblity they are entrusted with.

I don't feel you are doing that.

Here are some examples of rules of conduct and how you are not sensitive to them:

"Be nice at all times. This is something that we expect from you without asking. We do the best we can to keep this place up, you do your best to make it a nice one! "We respect all human beings (and aliens :-) ) from all cultures and religions. No racism, no sexism, no discrimination."

See your post about Progressive Trance quoted in my earlier post.

"If there shall be Peace/Love/Unity/Respect in ONE place anywhere in the world, we ask you to do your best that it's here. Once you become a part of Psynews, you should be an open person, you should accept its members and you should contribute to the site in a way that is positive for all. We ask you to leave stress outside, think before you post and act in a professional manner even if some things turn out not to go so well for you."

"Do not take any arguments on to personal levels."

You have clrealy broken this rule. My comments were always regarding Darkpsy as a music genre. You however have resorted to personal level and name calling (i.e. "ignorant f!@#s")

You have openly admitted your frustration with posts other people made in different threads about Darkpsy and allowed that frustration to shape your conversations with me, even though I had nothing to do with your exchanges with other people. This is not a positive or contructive behavior at all.

"Be nice at all times. This is something that we expect from you without asking. We do the best we can to keep this place up, you do your best to make it a nice one! "We respect all human beings (and aliens :-) ) from all cultures and religions. No racism, no sexism, no discrimination."

Sorry but that can never be a racist remark (if anything other than a joke it would be a false-accusation against an entire sub-genre), I mean it would be the first time that I would hear that link being postulated! It was a joke right?!

I think you as a mod at very minimum need to respect the very rules of this forum you are trying to moderate regardless of whether you are acting as a user or a mod.

It makes sense that mods embody the image of a constructive, positive debater and be examples for others in their daily conduct given the responsiblity they are entrusted with.

IOW, you think that I should be held to different standards than those to which you hold yourself (unless you think that replying to a post which contained two questions with this constitutes "constructive, positive debat[ing]").

I don't feel you are doing that.

Here are some examples of rules of conduct and how you are not sensitive to them:

You added the emphasis on "no racism". Are you trying to suggest that my progressive trance comment was racist? Because you know full well that it wasn't.

"If there shall be Peace/Love/Unity/Respect in ONE place anywhere in the world, we ask you to do your best that it's here. Once you become a part of Psynews, you should be an open person, you should accept its members and you should contribute to the site in a way that is positive for all. We ask you to leave stress outside, think before you post and act in a professional manner even if some things turn out not to go so well for you."

"Do not take any arguments on to personal levels."

You have clrealy broken this rule. My comments were always regarding Darkpsy as a music genre. You however have resorted to personal level and name calling (i.e. "ignorant f!@#s")

Really? So you think that "You're just sour grapes because someone doesn't speak highly of darkpsy" (times three) was not personal, but instead was regarding darkpsy as a music genre? Those stock images of babies, those were about darkpsy as a music genre, were they? The "along with your arrogant attitude" comment, you don't think there was anything personal about that?

How about telling me I should quit as a mod? Is that what you think of as a comment regarding darkpsy as a music genre, rather than a personal attack?

First person to be the adult and take the high road wins. Go! *begin action video game music*

Quite funny, but I think there is some truth and reason in what you're saying...and no, this is not about winning or losing anything.

The debate is getting ridiculous.

I think it's time to end this as I don't see anything positive coming out of it.

You will see no more posts of mine in reply to Rotwang in either this or the "Daft Darkpsy Argument" thread.

If he or someone else wishes to continue this discussion please PM me, and I will do the same.

*Dark and brooding Stage 2 music begins, with a message...*

In order to truly take the high road and win you have to apologize for your part in it. You can't just take the easy out by backing away without claiming proportionate responsibility, otherwise nothing is resolved, leading to tension in the future...

The problem here is that both visine and Rotwang does not seem to acknowledge their own part of wrongdoing in the fight/debate and seem to continue their fight here. I had a fault too in the fight/debate and are not afraid to admit it even though I stand by my words regarding Tatsu (nothing personal just a fact). My fault was also that I did not ignored the few people who came running to speak on tatsu's behalf ;)

As for Rotwang it would suit you to acknowledge your part in the whole damn thing too. You are also a mod (does not mean you should not be able to express your opinion though) and by that have an obligation to set a good example. Read what Drophsila wrote. It makes sense ;)

As for visine... Give it a rest. You have just a big part in the debate and also an equal part in the reason why it went wrong.

My 2 cents - and no one are perfect. Ces't La Vie !

Yes, you are right - I absolutely do acknowledge that I was largely to blame for the drama (after all, I did start the thread). I have strong feelings on the subject and still stand by most of what I wrote, but I realise I come across as overly aggressive in these kinds of debates, and will try to work on that.

It's too late Rotwang. The only possible way to save face is for the entire mod-team to quietly step down.

I hope this was good old sarcasm :)

If not:

Give the guys a break. They do quite a good job here. Compare it to a few years back at Psynews they are far better mods in my book.