Complaints about Moderation.

NEMO.BOFH

Buzzman i like you! I'll put you in my riot list and you'll have to koin the riot team when necessary!

But why don't you both stop it? You ended up arguing over a fucking phrase! Just forget about it, shake hands and cross kiss each other! I'm sure you'll become good friends with Nemo in the future on this boards! Believe me....

Don't be malakes both of you!

:)

Your right my friend... And actually im not puttin much in this... I just think its funny how serious everyone here is about a stupid phrase... It makes my day at work go faster, thats all :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right my friend... And actually im not puttin much in this... I just think its funny how serious everyone here is about a stupid phrase... It makes my day at work go faster, thats all :)

So basically, this does not mean anything to you, and you are just typing to make your day go faster? Well, in my language thats called spammin' :lol: You go boy! :)

I couldn't find the right words, i dont know so many fine words. And your right about what you say... BUT! I never said anything about sound quality

Why do everyone keeps saying that!?

Well, I never said it was you who said it! I especially wrote "someone" to make it general.

Let's close this issue I hope:

Whenever mods take action in a topic, we write reason for moderating. Personally I would hate it to see a topic moderated and not knowing who did it, and why. I'd like to believe it that regular members feel the same.

If i see an old review topic that contains off topic posts, I may moderate without writing an explanation.

But if the topic is actual and "rolling", moderator may step in to draw a "!", and annouce everybody when he/she changes the course of the topic.

Well you know, let's continue that: one of the mods set the posts invisible without telling people to stop, they still continue to discuss (this has happened befoer, mind you), and then sooner or later you hand out warnings. You know what would happen? Warned users crying: you can't do that, why didn't you tell me something before you gave me the warnings and so on.

Besides that, so many posts have allready been set invisible in the review forums, still people continue their off topic discussions so we have to set new posts invisible... And mind you, this has nothing to do with the intelligence of the people in the forum, more with not caring (imho).

Yeah, that convinces me. I guess we all (regulars anyway) know that we should limit off-topic stuff in reviews, but sometimes it is really hard to not react when one sees mindless comments like that...

The beuty of this forum is all the nitpicking going on... :lol:

+1. Guilty as charged! :D

Well, I never said it was you who said it! I especially wrote "someone" to make it general.

Yeah, that convinces me. I guess we all (regulars anyway) know that we should limit off-topic stuff in reviews, but sometimes it is really hard to not react when one sees mindless comments like that...

+1. Guilty as charged! :D

I wanted to say something like "Well, there are not only the old-timers here on the forum, and sometimes a little reminder is needed for the new-commers" but Tatsu KIND OF beat me to it.

Hugs? :D

I wanted to say something like "Well, there are not only the old-timers here on the forum, and sometimes a little reminder is needed for the new-commers" but Tatsu KIND OF beat me to it.

Kind of... :lol: Maybe I should learn to come to the point a bit faster instead of making those long posts. ;)

Anyway, grouphug!!!!! :wub:

I didn't know becaus i am new here... now i do :)

Friends????

I didn't know becaus i am new here... now i do :)

Friends????

I was never your unfriend :)

Awww... :wub:

On second thought, two bald & bearded guys hugging each other might look a bit weird. At least to me :rolleyes:

LOL, Makes me think of that bar in Amsterdam that I walked past all the time, the Cockring?! :lol:

I've been very busy at work the whole last week.

Today I've read the last 4-5 pages, and I'd like to say a few words.

The Stalker situation.

People acted on impulse, and they shouldn't have. Stalker's statements were misunderstood by some members... actually... they were taken for granted. Stalker got a warning, Perfect Stranger asked for his account to be deleted. Perfect Stranger, I really don't see your motives. Since psynews rules state that the forum doesn't accept other forums denigration, and action was taken against Stalker, what was your protest for? Think of your decision.

In the mean time, Stalker logged in on psynews, and realised the damage he did, and created a new thread, in which he apologised. How will now Perfect Stranger react? Will he come back? (in case he even reads psynews still).

Guys, psynews is not your job, not your family, psynews won't pay your bills, try to take it for what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

We CAN all get along, but we just have to aknowledge what we post on this forum, and the consequences that might follow.

The Journey Man situation.

You have made a history of bad attitude here. You are the most impulsive and the most angry person on the forum. You need to relax. And you need (badly) to learn some manners. If we were standing face to face, you wouldn't dare to talk to Tatsu like you did, you would surely pick your words better. Else you'd get put to your place, I assure you.

All the bad reactions that you got from various members of the forum (you had plenty of arguments here in all these years) were a consequence of your behaviour. You made your bed, you had to lay in it. Moderators are not here as guardian angels for anyone.

The purpose of a moderator is not to educate and re-educate people, but to moderate the forum. Simply as that.

To anyone that thinks that moderators are not being objective:

Whenever we have a situation that needs moderation, we always ask ourselves who broke the rules and why. We take into consideration that person's history (let's call in 'bad record') as well. We consider how bad damage was done. And of course, we're not all online 24/7, so sometimes the moderation is not the result of a group decision. If the case requires, we might even undo the moderation action.

We're not robots, we're people. If we were robots, then many people would have been very banned already. And please stop thinking of moderators as people who love the power. We're normal people, with families, with jobs, with problems, with joys and worries, like everyone. This is why I'm begging you:

- Stop this 'Delete my account!' & 'Ban me!' thing and try to select what you need from a forum, and what you don't need. A forum probably cannot please/entertain/inform everyone. A forum is a website that you can choose whether to visit or not. Why do people need to shout 'Delete my account!' or 'Ban me now!'? To proove what? Stand up for your opinnions, rather than cry out that you don't like your toys anymore.

- Stop asking moderators to quit their moderator settings/functions/attributions. It's not convincing anyone. If any of us will be found as 'bad moderator', I'm sure Mars himself will cancel the moderator settings for that person.

- Stop being so stubborn! You're all so stubborn :P

And to end ... haven you all noticed that nowadays we even have to give detailed explanations about ALL our moderation actions? Especially to CERTAIN members. Now .. who's in charge here? :rolleyes: (the 'charge' thing is a joke, of course).

pulp fiction :D

Just one question:

Drinking from the toilet == Har du drukket af natpotten???

eller?

Peace!

And to the moderators, relax your doing a fine job :)

No, it means what it sais. Har du drukket fra toalettet. Natpotten is one of those old bowls people used to have in the bed room for night peeings :D

peace :) .. Now how long its been since I've seen a member written that word as a closer. peace. Almost a taboo to act PLUR because it's so cheesy or smth that people judge. :(

boom Shankar! :lol:

peace & light

hey peeps, ive been away for not so long but i see youve made LOTS of drama pages, so please, put shortly whats going on with stalker and not-so-perfect stranger misunderstanding :D?

and warning stalker just because some forum newcomer/n00b didnt understand due to lack of experience of communication with some people at psynews his jokes is quite off.

hey peeps, ive been away for not so long but i see youve made LOTS of drama pages, so please, put shortly whats going on with stalker and not-so-perfect stranger misunderstanding :D?

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=48768

You also missed some :drama: involving The Journey Man Project, who is now banned by his own request.

Just one question:

Drinking from the toilet == Har du drukket af natpotten???

eller?

Peace!

And to the moderators, relax your doing a fine job :)

Yes exactly:) ""ved sq ikk hva en natpotte hedder på engelsk", But its the same thing isn't it:)

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=48768

You also missed some :drama: involving The Journey Man Project, who is now banned by his own request.

it should be obvious that I KNOW about that thread, i posted in it and my post here sort of didnt imply that i dont know what is it all about, what i asked is how did it all evovle :rolleyes: :drama: