Complaints about Moderation.

NEMO.BOFH

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been very busy at work the whole last week.

Today I've read the last 4-5 pages, and I'd like to say a few words.

The Stalker situation.

People acted on impulse, and they shouldn't have. Stalker's statements were misunderstood by some members... actually... they were taken for granted. Stalker got a warning, Perfect Stranger asked for his account to be deleted. Perfect Stranger, I really don't see your motives. Since psynews rules state that the forum doesn't accept other forums denigration, and action was taken against Stalker, what was your protest for? Think of your decision.

In the mean time, Stalker logged in on psynews, and realised the damage he did, and created a new thread, in which he apologised. How will now Perfect Stranger react? Will he come back? (in case he even reads psynews still).

Guys, psynews is not your job, not your family, psynews won't pay your bills, try to take it for what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

We CAN all get along, but we just have to aknowledge what we post on this forum, and the consequences that might follow.

The Journey Man situation.

You have made a history of bad attitude here. You are the most impulsive and the most angry person on the forum. You need to relax. And you need (badly) to learn some manners. If we were standing face to face, you wouldn't dare to talk to Tatsu like you did, you would surely pick your words better. Else you'd get put to your place, I assure you.

All the bad reactions that you got from various members of the forum (you had plenty of arguments here in all these years) were a consequence of your behaviour. You made your bed, you had to lay in it. Moderators are not here as guardian angels for anyone.

The purpose of a moderator is not to educate and re-educate people, but to moderate the forum. Simply as that.

To anyone that thinks that moderators are not being objective:

Whenever we have a situation that needs moderation, we always ask ourselves who broke the rules and why. We take into consideration that person's history (let's call in 'bad record') as well. We consider how bad damage was done. And of course, we're not all online 24/7, so sometimes the moderation is not the result of a group decision. If the case requires, we might even undo the moderation action.

We're not robots, we're people. If we were robots, then many people would have been very banned already. And please stop thinking of moderators as people who love the power. We're normal people, with families, with jobs, with problems, with joys and worries, like everyone. This is why I'm begging you:

- Stop this 'Delete my account!' & 'Ban me!' thing and try to select what you need from a forum, and what you don't need. A forum probably cannot please/entertain/inform everyone. A forum is a website that you can choose whether to visit or not. Why do people need to shout 'Delete my account!' or 'Ban me now!'? To proove what? Stand up for your opinnions, rather than cry out that you don't like your toys anymore.

- Stop asking moderators to quit their moderator settings/functions/attributions. It's not convincing anyone. If any of us will be found as 'bad moderator', I'm sure Mars himself will cancel the moderator settings for that person.

- Stop being so stubborn! You're all so stubborn :P

And to end ... haven you all noticed that nowadays we even have to give detailed explanations about ALL our moderation actions? Especially to CERTAIN members. Now .. who's in charge here? :rolleyes: (the 'charge' thing is a joke, of course).

I've been very busy at work the whole last week.

Today I've read the last 4-5 pages, and I'd like to say a few words.

The Stalker situation.

People acted on impulse, and they shouldn't have. Stalker's statements were misunderstood by some members... actually... they were taken for granted. Stalker got a warning, Perfect Stranger asked for his account to be deleted. Perfect Stranger, I really don't see your motives. Since psynews rules state that the forum doesn't accept other forums denigration, and action was taken against Stalker, what was your protest for? Think of your decision.

In the mean time, Stalker logged in on psynews, and realised the damage he did, and created a new thread, in which he apologised. How will now Perfect Stranger react? Will he come back? (in case he even reads psynews still).

Guys, psynews is not your job, not your family, psynews won't pay your bills, try to take it for what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

We CAN all get along, but we just have to aknowledge what we post on this forum, and the consequences that might follow.

The Journey Man situation.

You have made a history of bad attitude here. You are the most impulsive and the most angry person on the forum. You need to relax. And you need (badly) to learn some manners. If we were standing face to face, you wouldn't dare to talk to Tatsu like you did, you would surely pick your words better. Else you'd get put to your place, I assure you.

All the bad reactions that you got from various members of the forum (you had plenty of arguments here in all these years) were a consequence of your behaviour. You made your bed, you had to lay in it. Moderators are not here as guardian angels for anyone.

The purpose of a moderator is not to educate and re-educate people, but to moderate the forum. Simply as that.

To anyone that thinks that moderators are not being objective:

Whenever we have a situation that needs moderation, we always ask ourselves who broke the rules and why. We take into consideration that person's history (let's call in 'bad record') as well. We consider how bad damage was done. And of course, we're not all online 24/7, so sometimes the moderation is not the result of a group decision. If the case requires, we might even undo the moderation action.

We're not robots, we're people. If we were robots, then many people would have been very banned already. And please stop thinking of moderators as people who love the power. We're normal people, with families, with jobs, with problems, with joys and worries, like everyone. This is why I'm begging you:

- Stop this 'Delete my account!' & 'Ban me!' thing and try to select what you need from a forum, and what you don't need. A forum probably cannot please/entertain/inform everyone. A forum is a website that you can choose whether to visit or not. Why do people need to shout 'Delete my account!' or 'Ban me now!'? To proove what? Stand up for your opinnions, rather than cry out that you don't like your toys anymore.

- Stop asking moderators to quit their moderator settings/functions/attributions. It's not convincing anyone. If any of us will be found as 'bad moderator', I'm sure Mars himself will cancel the moderator settings for that person.

- Stop being so stubborn! You're all so stubborn :P

And to end ... haven you all noticed that nowadays we even have to give detailed explanations about ALL our moderation actions? Especially to CERTAIN members. Now .. who's in charge here? :rolleyes: (the 'charge' thing is a joke, of course).

+nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

End of story.

I love her to bits! :wub:

I first understood when I was just scanning the post instead of really reading: "I love her tits". :ph34r:

Lets continue this over and over again. This forum has a set of rules, which the OWNER of the forum has set. Everytime a member tests the boundries of these rules, and gets punished, he complains about it "cause it was not my intention, blah blah, sowwy me, blah blah". Now, you might think that this person should get a second chance, right? Yeah of course, if he is sincerely sorry about it... but then same person a couple of weeks later does the EXACT same thing... Well, do the math.

I hate to play the "parent" on this forum, and I am sure that the active mods of this forum do as well, but what choice is there if people simply do not want to adapt to the rules? Its like a kindergarden here ffs. I have said this so many times and I will again:

If you do not like this place and its rules, then leave this forum and never come back. Create your own forum with your own set of rules, but do not try to change this one, cause its USELESS. You have a lot of forums out there which are WAY worse when it comes to moderation, and you know what? The members complain less about moderation over there on those forums? WHY? I guess they have a little bit more self-respect and a bit more respect for the OWNER of those forums.

Harsh? Yes, very! And it WAS intended.

edit: psytones, why dont you try and go out and steal a car, then get caught, and TRY to say to the judge that you made a terrible misstake... maybe you will get away with it the first time, but hey, i bet you 100bucks that the 2nd time youll get to pick up the soap in the slammer.

Not that i wants to get in the fight, but aren't you taking this a bit to serious???

Not that i wants to get in the fight, but aren't you taking this a bit to serious???

Hahaaah... C'mon mann, you gotta admit that was funny :lol:

Wow, the n00b wants a piece of the admin as well! NEXT! :lol:

you mean noone sent you her naked pics? they circulate around the forum via pms :ph34r:

Yea, get with the team Nemo!

Looks like I've missed out on a lot of good old forum drama. You guys know I love this! Next time, mail me. If not, I'll complain. About something ... not sure yet.

Ok?

For a small fee we can have someone call you.

Considering the verbal abuse the mods get in this thread (not counting the abuse via PMs or mails), guess who takes it even more serious...

Hahaaah... C'mon mann, you gotta admit that was funny :lol:

Yeah, fucking funny... :rolleyes:

Nemo, why did you deleted all replies to Buzzman's 'review' for Eat Static's new albums but yours?

Either we're all equal or there indeed is something fishy going on here ;):D

BTW, I'm not saying you were wrong deleting them, I'm just curious why you do not treat everyone the same. Besides, your post doesn't really makes sense without the rest.

Nemo, why did you deleted all replies to Buzzman's 'review' for Eat Static's new albums but yours?

BTW, I'm not saying you were wrong deleting them, I'm just curious why you do not treat everyone the same. Besides, your post doesn't really makes sense without the rest.

Yes, he even deleted my apologize:) Wierd

Don't understand... What do you meen?

Since (some) people get very upsed about the mods' action, guess who takes this forum even more serious?

Well, you are right, Nemo should have left just the last part of his post. This:

So there, back to reviewing, cause this is what this part of the forum is all about. Any offtopic comments from now on will be deleted. If you got a problem with that, then post it somewhere else or report it. Just leave your CRAP out of this part of the forum, CAPISH!?

It's a pitty when people start such discussions in the Reviews section. These discussions would be very interesting in General section. We want the reviews sectin to be "clean", meaning we only want people to see there reviews, and nothing else.

Buzzman, your "drinking from the toilet" expression started everything. You cannot do that in the reviews section! People expressed THEIR PERSONAL opinnions about the album. Same goes for the rest who participated to the discussion, but you are the one who provoked them. I hope you won't do it again.

Nemo, if you don't mind, I'm setting your post invisible.