Complaints about Moderation.

NEMO.BOFH

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naive member's question:

Was Stalker and Gnome warned in that thread just because that guy was an artist...? Cause -after of years of psynewsing- i'm quite sure it would never happen if it was some other random person!

:)

What thread?

Naive member's question:

Was Stalker and Gnome warned in that thread just because that guy was an artist...? Cause -after of years of psynewsing- i'm quite sure it would never happen if it was some other random person!

Naive Admins response:

No, it does not matter what person wants to leave the forum, because of some other members behavior. We got reports, and had a lot of complaints about Gnome's and Stalkers behavior. And god knows that I love Stalker to bits! :)

Regards,

Da Nem

Naive Admins response:

No, it does not matter what person wants to leave the forum, because of some other members behavior. We got reports, and had a lot of complaints about Gnome's and Stalkers behavior. And god knows that I love Stalker to bits! :)

Regards,

Da Nem

I believe the opposite and i'm quite sure about it!

Well, then you do not know me well enough, and I think that you actually DO know me pretty good by now Tolis :)

The case it's not if i know you well enough or not! Did you give the warning by yourself without any other opinions from the Holy moderators?

Anyhow, allow me to have my opinion! That doesn't mean i don't know you well or i don't believe you!

The case it's not if i know you well enough or not! Did you give the warning by yourself without any other opinions from the Holy moderators?

Anyhow, allow me to have my opinion! That doesn't mean i don't know you well or i don't believe you!

No, the warning was handed out after consulting with the mods of course, I did not have a hand in that decision. I am only saying that it does not matter if it was Perfect Stranger, Snowball or you that wanted to leave the forum, you are all equal (we are all) =)

and you know I love you! =)

I believe the opposite and i'm quite sure about it!

It's up to you what you believe or not but the main point for the warning was not the making fun of an artist or new user but mainly this point from the rules:

- No other psytrance forum criticism

I personaly think that it's not much of a surprise that you will not get a joke trough to a total stranger when the main point is that you put him down. And also putting isratrance down, as a joke, doesn't make it any better. Stuff like that makes psynews look very bad. Psynews is a forum and posted stuff like those jokes are readable for everyone. Means not only people that are posting her for quite some time and who are familiar with the different humour of different posters but also complete strangers who probably won't care to read the following posts just to find out several pages later that everything was a joke.

There were jokes about istratrance or their users before but from what I can remember not directed specificly at one user like in this thread. Stuff like that goes to far and will not be tolerated, end of story.

Guest The Journey Man Project

funny. psynews is more isratrance then I would have thought

You just realised??

I'm surprised where not getting google ads when we're not logged in... and bans for expressing our opinions... oh wait, we do get that...

yes this is turning slowly into a similar controlled state like Isratrance... what with the secret police reporting to the mods... and artits having more rights than long term users...

most of the fun has gone from here, but there is still room for a little bit...

I better shut up now before I get reported or warned... sorry Supreme Mother Tatsu and cohorts... :lol: :wank:

You just realised??

I'm surprised where not getting google ads when we're not logged in... and bans for expressing our opinions... oh wait, we do get that...

yes this is turning slowly into a similar controlled state like Isratrance... what with the secret police reporting to the mods... and artits having more rights than long term users...

i've been away for a long time, 2 years ish.

i dont mind the minimal adds and I guess one shouldnt be blamed for zeroing out the costs a site demand. What I don't get is wht there isn't herbal, smartshop adds :D

we want avataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghz!! :lol: :wank: :ph34r::angry: :drama: :blink::unsure:<_< :posford: :rolleyes: :clapping:

:o thats a lot of smileys ja mann. the longer the wait, the bigger the pleasure when it arives? :clapping:

speaking of. Isratrance got avatars now :huh: .. I think the polars are turning :ph34r:

:jawn:

funny. psynews is more isratrance then I would have thought

orange

You know what really is funny? Your post is from the 03.59, on 4:04 you've send me a PM asking for the link to the mentioned thread above. Still you feel like commenting this issue before you even knew what has happened, don't you feel like this is kinda cheap? For me at least it kinda makes it hard to take your opinion serious, sorry.

You just realised??

I better shut up now before I get reported or warned... sorry Supreme Mother Tatsu and cohorts... :lol: :wank:

Just in case you haven't noticed: you just get warnings for expressing your opinions if you fail to do that with the most basic respect towards other users or the subject of the thread. I also think it's kinda funny in general to read your comment since, if we compare our way of moding to what was about a year ago for example, the mods are less strict with spam, we have to give out less warnings than then and we also don't get that many reports anymore.

Hmmm....

I wont continue arguing about it but that doesn't mean that you convinced me! Anyways....people can live with their warnings, all of us have, and i wish to that perfect stranger dude good luck in getting some humour! Some people are making a carreer in comedy and some others are not able to get a simple joke!

Well....we can't be all the same can we!

*major edit! I forgot the word doesn't and it changes the whole meaning of the sentence!

Yes, I agree about that! :) I mean I also got a warning and didn't die about it, so what.

About the jokes in general, I agree too. But I also think if the jokers see that their "victim" (using that word sounds worse than it actually is but I don't know a better expression) is not getting the joke it would be nice to tell him about it instead of pushing it even further. Imho this would prefent events like this one and it would also prevent people from being warned for jokes. Means we all would be happiers. :)

Another question! Do warnings ever expire? If not why is that? Do we have to live with the warnings we got 1-2 years back? Is this supposed to be our criminal record....?

No they don't, I also don't know a forum where they do. I think the point for that is that if people know their warnings expire, they (well, some of course, not all) start to think it's worth to be offensive and breaking the rules. If you get a temp-ban and then return your warnlevel is back to zero percent of course.

Most people here have no warnings, the second biggest part of the members have one they are far from being endangered by a ban or anything. :) We've also expanded the necessary warning from 3 to 5 so it takes quite a lot to get there imho. Any more questions? :)