NEMO.BOFH

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So I just noticed, apparently my warn level is 17% because of

Shaft Warned on Apr 23 2007, 10:25 PM

Added to warn level Freestyle thread for spam, please - or if you want to contact member directly then use PM.

Gee, thanks Shaft

:wank:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Big deal if you notice that just one month later... :rolleyes:

Big deal if you notice that just one month later... :rolleyes:

I don't even know what it's for..

Is it common to warn people for creating a topic? Don't the spammy topics usually just end up deleted instead? Or actually.. nothing happens.

Will I get another warn for the feathers topic I created?

A few more topics like it and I'm banned for evargh?

:drama:

Mods @ work

Posted Image

I don't even know what it's for..

Is it common to warn people for creating a topic? Don't the spammy topics usually just end up deleted instead? Or actually.. nothing happens.

Will I get another warn for the feathers topic I created?

A few more topics like it and I'm banned for evargh?

:drama:

Mods @ work

Posted Image

I actually got a warning for replying to your topic with a new topic and closing yours ;) Remember now? And yeah, I thought it was pretty shitty to give a warning for such a thing.

I actually got a warning for replying to your topic with a new topic and closing yours ;) Remember now? And yeah, I thought it was pretty shitty to give a warning for such a thing.

Umm sort of. So uh anyways I get what you're saying.

We should form a secret society which main aim is to get Shaft demodded and banned..

We start the dark topics no others will enter. We browse on the locked topics and no one may reply. We live for the Pie, we die for the Pie.

Shaft I'm watching you :ph34r:

Take it up with the enormous beaver

Posted Image

Fair treatment would be nicey nice thou..

I very much doubt closed/deleted non-offensive spammy topics usually lead to a warning. So why in my case? Or is this something Shaft always does? Deleted and warned? If it's, well imo it's wrong and Shaft should erase all the warnings he has given for such things and warn himself instead for having sand down there. But yeah, whatevargh

Fair treatment would be nicey nice thou..

I very much doubt closed/deleted non-offensive spammy topics usually lead to a warning. So why in my case? Or is this something Shaft always does? Deleted and warned? If it's, well imo it's wrong and Shaft should erase all the warnings he has given for such things and warn himself instead for having sand down there. But yeah, whatevargh

Warns were also given to reger / nemo. And no, I don't warn every time I delete a topic. It might be worth noting that I didn't delete the topics, only locked - can only assume they were set invisible.

Bottom line is the forum is not a playground and you have to draw the line somewhere.

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?act=SR&f=2

IF you want to be strict, you have to be it to the bone. I failed at that... Anyways, i still think that those warnings were bollox and uncalled for, since there have been far worse topics that didnt generate any warnings. Inconsistency that is called.

IF you want to be strict, you have to be it to the bone. I failed at that... Anyways, i still think that those warnings were bollox and uncalled for, since there have been far worse topics that didnt generate any warnings. Inconsistency that is called.

+1

Other forums would have you banned - I merely gave a warning. Even so, this is still one of the most relaxed forums I have been a member of.

you are comparing to the wrong thing.. doesnt matter if in the NASA forum they dont allow you to post smilies, but here ppl always did, so if you suddenly warn someone for posting a smilie, it is not right... what matters is the inconsistency here..

and the fact that many different ppl here are complaining should at least make you think instead of arguing

Traveller, Nemo, reger have all been given a warning on 23rd of April.

How come you only found out now?

Did you receive the official PM from Shaft with the warning message?

However, i aggree, this is a warning situation, as in reminding the members why of their purpose on psynews, as a discussion forum. But i wouldn't increase warning levels officially just for that. We all fool around on psynews a little at some point.

We're discussing this issue with the other mods.

Traveller, Nemo, reger have all been given a warning on 23rd of April.

How come you only found out now?

Did you receive the official PM from Shaft with the warning message?

However, i aggree, this is a warning situation, as in reminding the members why of their purpose on psynews, as a discussion forum. But i wouldn't increase warning levels officially just for that. We all fool around on psynews a little at some point.

We're discussing this issue with the other mods.

Yeah, but its a bit Random... Randomness never helped the situation. Maybe read what Sherlock and I said again? I am not trying to be rude here or anything, but far worse things have been done on this forum since and before that, that didnt get a warning.... You know I am all for STRICT moderation, but if you can not be strict and follow it, then dont do it at Random. It is in this case, Either OR

Yeah, but its a bit Random... Randomness never helped the situation. Maybe read what Sherlock and I said again? I am not trying to be rude here or anything, but far worse things have been done on this forum since and before that, that didnt get a warning.... You know I am all for STRICT moderation, but if you can not be strict and follow it, then dont do it at Random. It is in this case, Either OR

As moni said we're discussing the issue in the mod forum. I'm sure she did read what you and the others wrote or she wouldn't have said that:

But i wouldn't increase warning levels officially just for that. We all fool around on psynews a little at some point.

Just please let us take the time to make our mind up together.

As moni said we're discussing the issue in the mod forum. I'm sure she did read what you and the others wrote or she wouldn't have said that:

Just please let us take the time to make our mind up together.

Well, I am not talking about this instance only. I am talking about this as a whole! :) I dont mind the warning, in the end, its the randomness of the warning that pisses me off.