Complaints about Moderation.

NEMO.BOFH

And just to add Charlie, there are members of this forum, that I personally dislike very much. You can NEVER be without that. There are people you like and there is people you DO NOT like, even as an admin or mod. You dont see me giving these people warnings and bans because of that though... thats how biased I am...

Yeah right... like I said, you are very biased with your opinion regarding me...

I think ANY mod can say that I have even defended the people that I dont like lately. ;)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just to add Charlie, there are members of this forum, that I personally dislike very much. You can NEVER be without that. There are people you like and there is people you DO NOT like, even as an admin or mod. You dont see me giving these people warnings and bans because of that though... thats how biased I am...

Yeah right... like I said, you are very biased with your opinion regarding me...

I think ANY mod can say that I have even defended the people that I dont like lately. ;)

643132[/snapback]

I'm not that biased towards you and when you returned here as a member (after your stint away) I had no problem with you whatsoever. I've expressed why I feel you're not a very good moderator so won't drag that up again. What I will say is I'm pleased you removed reger's warning. :)

Hey Nemo.

If you moderated reger over calling someone stupid, how about you calling me pathetic? <_<

I mean, I don't think either is a moderatable offence. But if one is, both are.

Hey Nemo.

If you moderated reger over calling someone stupid, how about you calling me pathetic?  <_<

643174[/snapback]

oh well, and you called radi moron and an idiot in several threads, and you got away with that as well..... so, justice for all right? I dont think you are in the position of complaining about moderation Cinos, as you have gotten some "special treatment" lately...

After things have settled down, let me remind you all again of one simple fact:

It's either Psynews with moderation - or no Psynews at all.

Mars has stated this several times. If Psynews doesn't have moderators it will be taken offline and we'll all be rendered homeless.

Now is that really something we want after almost six years?

No, I think we can all agree to that at least.

So all you nihilists are just gonna have to accept that there are moderators - and that moderator's jobs are to moderate. Sometimes we're lazy (hell, I'm one of the laziest - Nemo is one of the busiest. That's why we have a whole team to fill in for eachother)

And the utopian vision about 100% non-biased moderators is not gonna happen. We're just human after all - and we can't spend our entire time awake monitoring every little detail and figuring out if one person got mistreated. We do this in our spare time and none of us get paid. Deal with it!

Being a moderator is a bitch and none of us asked to become mods. We're just doing it for the love of this site - and constant bickering and pointless pseudo argumentation isn't our idea of a good time. We try to be casual and believe me, we've let a LOT of shit pass unnoticed... But sometimes we gotta react and make sure things doesn't get out of hand.

With a little corporation it's not that haerd. We have guidelines here and if everyone took a moment to read them it would be so much easier for everyone. It works on other forums, so it can work here too. The mods are not here to make everyone else's forum experience miserable. On the contrary. We're here to make it smooth and enjoyable for everyone. But we require just a little of you too ...Behave!

Now let's all step back and try to get along. It's not that hard.

/DP

Hey Nemo.

If you moderated reger over calling someone stupid, how about you calling me pathetic?  <_<

643174[/snapback]

Do you see why I called you a hypocrite and not a good moderator now, nemo?

oh well, and you called radi moron and an idiot in several threads, and you got away with that as well..... so, justice for all right? I dont think you are in the position of complaining about moderation Cinos, as you have gotten some "special treatment" lately...

643178[/snapback]

I thought you said no special treatment. If you're going to mod for minimal insults, mod ALL minimal insults and not just people you don't like. Feel free to warn me if you warn yourself.

Do you see why I called you a hypocrite and not a good moderator now, nemo?

643185[/snapback]

No, you can report me, im not going to give myself a warning, thats up to the other mods to do. And I already stated so some posts ago.

No, you can report me, im not going to give myself a warning, thats up to the other mods to do. And I already stated so some posts ago.

643193[/snapback]

I'm not so petty as to report anyone. Just making my point.

I thought you said no special treatment. If you're going to mod for minimal insults, mod ALL minimal insults and not just people you don't like. Feel free to warn me if you warn yourself.

643189[/snapback]

So I did, you got your warning, and I got mine, satisfied?

So I did, you got your warning, and I got mine, satisfied?

643196[/snapback]

Yeah, sure. Assuming reaching a 100% warn level actually has severe consequences for you if/when it happens, I'm satisfied.

I'm not so petty as to report anyone. Just making my point.

643195[/snapback]

You dont make a point at all... I dont see a problem with taking a warning, if I misbehave... you would though, and so would a lot of people here ;)

:lol:

sorry to be the one to say it, but this is getting really hilarious :lol:

643205[/snapback]

Im quite amused actually. Hmmm I wonder what happens if we the mods actually give up on moderating the site .... oh wait, DP already said it.... it will be closed down.

Mars has demanded this forum to be moderated, and that to the bone. If that doesnt happen, then first thing to go is Off Topic, if that doesnt do it, he will shut the server down....

I can see the off topic disappear if things dont change, and I can see the server getting shut down very close after that... but hey, you all dont want moderation.... like I said before, its your choice.

Cool with me... I will continue moderating the way its expected of me....

You dont make a point at all... I dont see a problem with taking a warning, if I misbehave... you would though, and so would a lot of people here ;)

643202[/snapback]

I've made my point and and you proved it true by calling Cinos pathetic. If you don't see that then maybe you don't understand what the words 'hypocrite' and 'consistency' mean.

I'm pleased you know how I'd react to receiving a warning, mediums are in short supply these days. :rolleyes: Seriously, maybe I should add arrogant to the list of reasons you shouldn't moderate these boards.

I've made my point and and you proved it true by calling Cinos pathetic. If you don't see that then maybe you don't understand what the words 'hypocrite' and 'consistency' mean.

I'm pleased you know how I'd react to receiving a warning, mediums are in short supply these days. :rolleyes: Seriously, maybe I should add arrogant to the list of reasosn you shouldn't moderate these boards.

643224[/snapback]

well, you actually deserve a warning... for saying:

Since you asked so politely - fine, you shouldn't be a moderator. You're far too petty minded, a hypocrite and, truth be told, a bit of a cock in my opinion. There, happy now?

Oh no, wait, you will say that I asked for it.... well, so did many people that got insulted as well, just not as straight out as I did....

But do go ahead Charlie, if you really want to beat me up, and tell me why I shouldnt be a mod, except for the stuff you already said that I am:

A cock

Arrogant

Petty Minded

Hypocrit

Got more to add? Nothing will change whatever you say, I will stay, and so will you. So... whats the use?! ;)

EDIT: So I issued the warning to you, fair is fair right?

well, you actually deserve a warning... for saying:

Oh no, wait, you will say that I asked for it.... well, so did many people that got insulted as well, just not as straight out as I did....

But do go ahead Charlie, if you really want to beat me up, and tell me why I shouldnt be a mod, except for the stuff you already said that I am:

A cock

Arrogant

Petty Minded

Hypocrit

Got more to add? Nothing will change whatever you say, I will stay, and so will you. So... whats the use?! ;)

643234[/snapback]

I do deserve a warning for calling you a cock, agreed. The difference is I'm not a moderator on these boards and realise I, like you are, would be crap at it.