Hux Flux is quite decent, except...

Cinos

:D are you serious with the question?

hux flux was supposed to release that album as his 3rd, but somehow it didn't go thru.

639088[/snapback]

Call me stupid but you're explanation doesn't make sense to me :

Why would they release tracks that are already released on compilations? And this 1 year before their upcoming album (division by zero).

I know that there is a fake hux flux album that's why I'm so suspicious ...

Don't get me wrong I really hope that it's not fake we need more oldschool hux flux style ...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me stupid but you're explanation doesn't make sense to me :

Why would they release tracks that are already released on compilations? And this 1 year before their upcoming album (division by zero).

I know that there is a fake hux flux album  that's why I'm so suspicious ...

Don't get me wrong I really hope that it's not fake we need more oldschool hux flux style ...

639193[/snapback]

Perhaps the album wasn't released because so many of the tracks were on va's?

or

perhaps it's bootleg: someone got hold of unrlsd tracks and was planning to release the album without artist's permission?

Lepton you probably know what I'm talking about when I say you can easily spot a HF track when you hear one.

the tracks on 'singles collection' are so good and so similar to other HF material that I quite doubt they're fake.

and indeed there's a fake album floating around the net, called "reboot" or something , I can't remember. This isn't it. :)

Hope my ansa makes more sense now

-alfapie-

Dang man, hook it up - can you make copies?

1. Bring Your Own BIOS

2. Logarythmic

3. Idiot

4. Snickesnack

5. Degauss

6. Errorhead

7. Dit Nam I Min Mun

8. Lex Rex Perplex

639147[/snapback]

I have all these. :)

just like harry says on home alone "you gotta do better than that!"

I can say you that it was far from easy for me to get that album. :)

Perhaps the album wasn't released because so many of the tracks were on va's?

or

perhaps it's bootleg: someone got hold of unrlsd tracks and was planning to release the album without artist's permission?

Lepton you probably know what I'm talking about when I say you can easily spot a HF track when you hear one.

the tracks on 'singles collection' are so good and so similar to other HF material that I quite doubt they're fake.

and indeed there's a fake album floating around the net, called "reboot" or something , I can't remember. This isn't it. :)

Hope my ansa makes more sense now

-alfapie-

639202[/snapback]

it does :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

If I remember well, it was re-boot ... leg 2002, or something like this. A double cd album, promo, unreleased or fake, I don't know.

Btw, only three tracks or bombs have really impressed and interested me by Hux Flux: perceptor-time slices-logarhythmic. That's all for me...

What a shame hux flux haven't produced an entire album with this kind of style instead of the disappointing "Cryptic Crunch"! :(

QUOTE(healium @ Nov 9 2006, 06:32 PM)

Dang man, hook it up - can you make copies?

1. Bring Your Own BIOS

2. Logarythmic

3. Idiot

4. Snickesnack

5. Degauss

6. Errorhead

7. Dit Nam I Min Mun

8. Lex Rex Perplex

I have all these.

just like harry says on home alone "you gotta do better than that!"

I can say you that it was far from easy for me to get that album.

How about my first born?

• 1 month later...

You had to see the effect Hux Flux tracks like "Nervoservo", "Idiot", " Snickesnack" and "Lex Rex Perplex" had on the dancefloor!

IMHO "Cryptic Crunch" was one of the most groundbreaking albums of its time. Altough, I'm not a fan of the newer material post 2000.

So, you are saying Hux Flux Sux?

Not quite but I really got dissapointed when I've heard that he also started using full on bassline.... I mean, what has happend to all of them ? :unsure:

Not quite but I really got dissapointed when I've heard that he also started using full on bassline.... I mean, what has happend to all of them ? :unsure:

What's wrong with using full-on bassline, when the resulting tracks sound as great as Numbers, Bitshifter, Artifacts or Tabulator?!? The problem - as I see it - is that people were expecting Division by Zero to sound like their old work, but it didn't... I enjoy their debut & follow-up equally :)

Frankly, I can't name any respected psy-trance act that released two similar albums one after the other... (Astral Projection is not respected act in MY book ;) ) - that's why I love this genre and how the artists evolve and change / update their sound. Cosmosis, Koxbox, HuxFlux, OOOD, Deviant Species, Jaia, Shakta and few others did a great job adjusting their sound to the new audience & at the same time staying true to their psychedelic music of late 90'.

:)

I really think that division by zero isn't that much different than cryptic crunch wich I also consider to be minimalistic ...

it does difference a lot from their compilations tracks though those were more melodic

Yeah, I agree but most people say that Cryptic Crunch is so much better than Division by Zero, which I simply can't understand because they're - as you said - very similar :huh:

And yes, their compilation tracks are more melodic - maybe it's the Logic Bomb guy's influence on Dennis Tapper's music? We should probably ask someone who knows them :)