Hux Flux is quite decent, except...

Cinos

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Cryptic Crunch very much. Some serious madness indeed. Best moments in their tracks are the weird humming in Experimenting With Potions and the "burping sounds" in Bring Your Own Bios.

And of course some really wicked tracknames they have, like Tripple Nipple and the ones I just mentioned...

Easy to bash things that were revolutionary 6,7 years ago. Yea, the sound quality of Sergeant Pepper is not that good as well, and Piper at the Gates of Dawn sounds downright bad even after the most recent digital mastering.

635693[/snapback]

Are you saying Cryptic Crunch was a revolution at all? Even worse, comparing it to those two? :P

It was pretty groundbreaking when it was released.

635717[/snapback]

Not really. There are similar gnarly-sound thingies that were released much before that. Just possibly not psytrance.

Are you saying Cryptic Crunch was a revolution at all? Even worse, comparing it to those two? :P

635715[/snapback]

It was a revolution. It killed for me and for many people Goa Trance. This album together with Atmos' Headcleaner, KoxBox's The Great Unknown and Double Dragon's Continuum.

2000, great year it was.

It was a revolution. It killed for me and for many people Goa Trance. This album together with Atmos' Headcleaner, KoxBox's The Great Unknown and Double Dragon's Continuum.

2000, great year it was.

635735[/snapback]

Don't like a single one of the albums you mentioned :)

*puts on report shield

2000, great year it was.

635735[/snapback]

The death of goa trance ?

Various - Let It Rip - Matsuri Productions

http://www.discogs.com/release/55700 1997.

Early example of a similar sound to Hux Flux

Various - Abstract Phaze - Matsuri Productions 1996.

http://www.discogs.com/release/183452

Hux Flux just picked up on what was already there and released some good music, but they werent the only ones doing that at the time... You also had for instance Spirit Zone Recordings releasing the compilation "Tales from the Forest".

- Krell

Various  - Let It Rip - Matsuri Productions

Early example of a similar sound to Hux Flux

Various  - Abstract Phaze - Matsuri Productions 1996.

http://www.discogs.com/release/183452

Hux Flux just picked up on what was already there and released some good music, but they werent the only ones doing that at the time... You also had for instance Spirit Zone Recordings releasing the compilation "Tales from the Forest".

- Krell

635807[/snapback]

That's why i wrote "for me".

I started to listen to Goa around 98.

I´d say too that Hux Flux was quite groundbreaking and their sound is always going to have a special place in my heart along a few others. For me they are still today one of my favourite artists... Even tho as mentioned here, time has caught up with some of their stuff...

Easy to bash things that were revolutionary 6,7 years ago. Yea, the sound quality of Sergeant Pepper is not that good as well, and Piper at the Gates of Dawn sounds downright bad even after the most recent digital mastering.

635693[/snapback]

:lol: I never liked them though, not that much...

U gotta be kidding. :blink:

Have you heard their most recent album?

the baselines on that are amazing...

2000, great year it was.

635735[/snapback]

The death of Goa Trance was a good thing??

2000, great year it was.

635735[/snapback]

No.These albums are just classics.Radio was the revolution.

What's the point to start off a thread like this?

It oozes negativity. The way this thread is constructed leaves a possibility for only two options: to either agree with the negative remark and by so increasing the sum of negativity, or to defend your musical preferences (hux flux). This sort of attack vs. defend situation over music (!). Music has no absolute value.

Music has no absolute value.

It's not that hard.

No, absolute, value, music.

The person is suggesting he possesses qualities which allow him to give any righteous remark about hux flux. A prime example of a person with inflated ego, which leads to arrogance (stating self-righteously having truthful facts of hux flux).

I wouldn't hesitate to delete this topic if I were a mod. It's dumb dumber dumbest.

have a good day. :)

-boobie

What's the point to start off a thread like this?

It oozes negativity. The way this thread is constructed leaves a possibility for only two options: to either agree with the negative remark and by so increasing the sum of negativity, or to defend your musical preferences (hux flux). This sort of attack vs. defend situation over music (!). Music has no absolute value.

Music has no absolute value.

It's not that hard.

No, absolute, value, music.

The person is suggesting he possesses qualities which allow him to give any righteous remark about hux flux. A prime example of a person with inflated ego, which leads to arrogance (stating self-righteously having truthful facts of hux flux).

I wouldn't hesitate to delete this topic if I were a mod. It's dumb dumber dumbest.

have a good day. :)

-boobie

635872[/snapback]

we have finnish feathers :D:P

Various  - Let It Rip - Matsuri Productions

635807[/snapback]

Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy, Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger and Pleiadians - IFO among others were released in 1997. Matsuri basically declared goa dead at its height?