How do you see Psytrance?

Guest MMV

SO, Infected Mushroom has nothing to do with the indian style and philosophy. They just used the 140 bpm of goa trance to make a futuristic electronic music.

Astral Projection is trying tu transpose the eastern way of thinking in the electronic music, using the same 140 bpm.

MMV

634372[/snapback]

Yeah, something like that. And some use the psychedelic elements of goa trance, but with a much higher bpm and add an aggressive bassline and that's wat people call full on.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But i "love" the 140 bpm of Psytrance !! I feel that it's getting straight to my soul and stays there. I can listen to Psytrance for 4 hours in a row. that 140 bpm seems to be my living rhythm, or something..

634372[/snapback]

I'm a 160 bpm man myself.

http://play.saikosounds.com/m3u/074/72.m3u

http://play.saikosounds.com/m3u/06b/11.m3u

But i "love" the 140 bpm of Psytrance !! I feel that it's getting straight to my soul and stays there. I can listen to Psytrance for 4 hours in a row. that 140 bpm seems to be my living rhythm, or something..

MMV

634372[/snapback]

Its the BPM of the heart mate ;)

In answer to your original question, MMV, here are a couple of examples of how I see psytrance:

Posted Image

Posted Image

634394[/snapback]

You're feeling me !!! That's EXACTLY how i too see psytrance.

Its the BPM of the heart mate ;)

634396[/snapback]

No shit? :D I'll check it out on wikipedia

The human embryonic heart begins beating approximately 21 days after conception, or five weeks after the last normal menstrual period (LMP), which is the date normally used to date pregnancy. The human heart begins beating at a rate near the mother’s, about 75-80 beats per minute (bpm). The embryonic heart rate (EHR) then accelerates linearly for the first month of beating, peaking at 165-185 bpm during the early 7th week, (early 9th week after the LMP). This acceleration is approximately 3.3 bpm per day, or about 10 bpm every three days, an increase of 100 bpm in the first month. [1][

The mother's bpm rate (and of each mature human) is 75-80. I think you were wrong here, mate.

The mother's bpm rate (and of each mature human) is 75-80. I think you were wrong here, mate.

634398[/snapback]

x2 ;)

in a way yes, well BMP of heart usually varies from 60 - 80 BPM (if you take it x2 for beat in/beat out, 120-160... around 135-150+ is good for me)

634399[/snapback]

Yep. 140bpm is the medium.

You're feeling me !!! That's EXACTLY how i too see psytrance.

634397[/snapback]

Both great albums too in my opinion, if you like dark psy. Though most people on psynews hated the highcosmos one.

Futuristic Music, yea, this is how I feel about psytrance too.

The connection, well, their are many articles that explain the definition of GOA and all the aspects, origins and influences.

It's a combination of Eastern Philosophy and the celebration of life through dance and trance.

The first time I heard goa I couldn't believe people made this kind of music, this was exactelly what I wanted to hear, since I had allready a wide intrest in Psychedelic Mushrooms I went nuts about the psychedelic concept of Goa Trance.

Later I gathered more knowledge about the subject and the connection between Eastern Philosophy and Psychedelic Drugs.(This is my view only, I'm  not saying it's all about drugs).

So I guess you'll figure it all out when the time is there.

Ok, right, the music, I prefer Psychedelic Trance from before 1999 because of the raw sound.But now there are many quallity releases out too, you'll just have to find out wich apeal most to your'e own personal taste.

634108[/snapback]

Man it was apsolutely the same as i heard goa trance first time, i couldn´t believe at all that people can do this, oh shit when i heard first astral projection tracks i thought what is in these brains to make the music so emotional, i was so happy when i first herd goatrance because i never heard it before yet, a very unknown music with electronical sounds that sound sad and try to wine, i was blown away first time. I was so obsesset with psytrance that i even stole a cd from my cousins cousins friend, imagine that. I am used to listen psychedelic trance now and don´t thing while listening to it, but imagine, isn´t it just amazing that (only oldschool) psychedelic trance sounds like electronical sounds with very emotional melodies which try to wine, i was unbelievable happy after listening to it and wondered how people can do this, i thought i could get every girl with that and i thought, damn that´s the music i didn´t know but it is just the music i was looking for. I still think that goa/psychedelic trance is the best music ever made by people.

I was so obsesset with psytrance that i even stole a cd from my cousins cousins friend, imagine that. ... i thought i could get every girl with that...

634445[/snapback]

haha, excuse me, but those are lamest things ever that ive seen someone posting here about psytrance :P

i mean - wtf, stealing?! just because you liked that music?! thats not an excuse, what comes next? lets rob a bank so we can buy all rare oldschool cds :lol:!!!!!

and that about girls - thats just shallow, i doubt that psytrance was initially meant to be chicks magnet :rolleyes:

haha, excuse me, but those are lamest things ever that ive seen someone posting here about psytrance :P

i mean - wtf, stealing?! just because you liked that music?! thats not an excuse, what comes next? lets rob a bank so we can buy all rare oldschool cds :lol:!!!!!

and that about girls - thats just shallow, i doubt that psytrance was initially meant to be chicks magnet :rolleyes:

634473[/snapback]

I'm sorry to react to this useless offtopic comment and to mingle in some personal issues, but I don't see why you have to react this way, while Radi is just being honest and describes his first love for psytrance and isn't even ashamed about admitting his personal feelings about it. I don't want to start a new discussion, just had to say this.

well the eastern religion thing is actually quite easy to understand..

psytrance (or goa trance) originated in india (goa plays a big part). in the 70's hippies were playing guitar stuff (psyrock etc) to aid their trips and adventures in psychedelics and eastern religion.

Than technology went further and produced record players, tape players and dats.. with the evolution of technology the music changed.. first people (the first dj's) played combinations of indian music and early electronic stuff (kraftwerk fe). Than they started to play music that was mainly electronic, still with influences from eastern music. the music was still made for the lsd crazed hippies.. so it had to be spacey and trancy as well --> goa trance.

From there people wanted to hear this stuff at home as well not just on the beach in goa. so they started playing it everywhere.. at indoors and in clubs as well.. for which it was necesarry to make the music a bit 'easier listening' hence melodic fullon and progressive.

Alot of people nowadays dont share the idea's ideals of the hippies in goa in the 70's 80's and 90's, so the influence of eastern religion has been lost a bit imho. Personally it didnt influence me at all in my taste for psytrance. I even dislike 99 % of the indian chanting in psy/ chill :P But you can still see the influences in many many things. Names of tracks, artists albums etc. In the artwork of albums. In goa fashion etc.

Hope that helped you answering the question. :D

psytrance (or goa trance) originated in india (goa plays a big part). in the 70's hippies were playing guitar stuff (psyrock etc) to aid their trips and adventures in psychedelics and eastern religion.

Than technology went further and produced record players, tape players and dats.. with the evolution of technology the music changed.. first people (the first dj's) played combinations of indian music and early electronic stuff (kraftwerk fe). Than they started to play music that was mainly electronic, still with influences from eastern music. the music was still made for the lsd crazed hippies.. so it had to be spacey and trancy as well --> goa trance.

From there people wanted to hear this stuff at home as well not just on the beach in goa. so they started playing it everywhere.. at indoors and in clubs as well.. for which it was necesarry to make the music a bit 'easier listening' hence melodic fullon and progressive.

Alot of people nowadays dont share the idea's ideals of the hippies in goa in the 70's 80's and 90's, so the influence of eastern religion has been lost a bit imho. Personally it didnt influence me at all in my taste for psytrance. I even dislike 99 % of the indian chanting in psy/ chill  :P  But you can still see the influences in many many things. Names of tracks, artists albums etc. In the artwork of albums. In goa fashion etc.

Hope that helped you answering the question.  :D

634600[/snapback]

Nice job! :)

Man it was apsolutely the same as i heard goa trance first time, i couldn´t believe at all that people can do this, oh shit when i heard first astral projection tracks i thought what is in these brains to make the music so emotional, i was so happy when i first herd goatrance because i never heard it before yet, a very unknown music with electronical sounds that sound sad and try to wine, i was blown away first time. I was so obsesset with psytrance that i even stole a cd from my cousins cousins friend, imagine that. I am used to listen psychedelic trance now and don´t thing while listening to it, but imagine, isn´t it just amazing that (only oldschool) psychedelic trance sounds like electronical sounds with very emotional melodies which try to wine, i was unbelievable happy after listening to it and wondered how people can do this, i thought i could get every girl with that and i thought, damn that´s the music i didn´t know but it is just the music i was looking for. I still think that goa/psychedelic trance is the best music ever made by people.

634445[/snapback]

Yes ,exactelly, the high emotional touch the raw sound the psychedelic concept, it left me stunned the first time, and I too was completely obsessed by it, I didn't steal from people but I did stole through p2p, A LOT, just to feed my mind over and over with this amazing music.

But I do realise now, if you really listen to a particullar artist a lot, support him, they make the music for the people, so the people should support them.(If you have the possibility to do so offcoarse)Still p2p is a good way to find out wich one's you love and keep loving.

:)

634473[/snapback]

Give him a break Reger.You are being childish now.If you hadnt had a fight earlier you wouldnt reply like that.

I'm sorry to react to this useless offtopic comment and to mingle in some personal issues, but I don't see why you have to react this way, while Radi is just being honest and describes his first love for psytrance and isn't even ashamed about admitting his personal feelings about it. I don't want to start a new discussion, just had to say this.

634528[/snapback]

Give him a break Reger.You are being childish now.If you hadnt had a fight earlier you wouldnt reply like that.

634606[/snapback]

its ok that he expresses his feelings about it, but that is not what psytrance is all about, is it? just like with drug promotion, you can use them, but its not a must ;).

Alot of people nowadays dont share the idea's ideals of the hippies in goa in the 70's 80's and 90's, so the influence of eastern religion has been lost a bit imho. Personally it didnt influence me at all in my taste for psytrance. I even dislike 99 % of the indian chanting in psy/ chill  :P  But you can still see the influences in many many things. Names of tracks, artists albums etc. In the artwork of albums. In goa fashion etc.

Hope that helped you answering the question.  :D

634600[/snapback]

Pretty nice. Thanks.

Here is the next question: What's the difference between classic Psytrance, full on and progressive? Any other psytrance styles? So far it seems that i'm in the full on stuff, but.. who knows? I want to know exactly what to listen. And one more thing: What genres are this songs ? They are made by me, and i really like them :D any other artistis making somthing similar?

http://www.swoopshare.com/file/4fff3745df7...for+Me.mp3.html

http://www.cshare.de/file/c0789473e95edca5...lution.mp3.html

if you want hi-tech music then try idm, etc.(not similar to infected) In case you haven't done so yet and what you admire in goa-psy is the technological aspect and "how can people make music that is sooo weird" you'll be glad to discover idm, breakbeats, experimental electronic music, bla, bla.......

start by digging into warp records, is my advice  ; )

634362[/snapback]

WTF is IDM ?! A gengre? a band? I can't find anything relevant on the interent :huh:

fullon: talamasca, painkiller, menog etc

prog: liquid soul, freq, v-tunes, xibalba, magnetrixx etc

idm = intelligent dance music.. yes rather dumb name.. but hey whats in a name..

just browse a bit through this forum and you'll learn more about psytrance than you can ask in this topic..