VA_-_Pyramidal_Trancendence-2006-MPR OUT ON NOW!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, you need to type PYRAMIDAL TRANCENDENCE in ALL CAPS unfortunately in the 2006 review search box here on psynews in order for this review thread to appear. I didn't realize how case sensitive the search engine was or I would have put it in regular letters when I started the thread like most other reviews. It's no wonder I couldn't find it for several searches until I did this.

1. SINE DIE - THE SHAMAN TRIP

2. ASTRANCER - DZOG CHEN

3. MINDSPHERE - MOLOCULAR RESTRICTIVE

4. TRAVMA - ZAMAN

5. ETHEREAL - STREAM OF LIFE

6. AURA - WALK ON EARTH

7. LOST BUDDHA - LOST IN PARADISE

8. INFINITE DIMENSIONS - FAR BEYOND THE STARS

9. AFGIN - TRIBUTE OF THE SUN

My favorite track on the album is by Astrancer followed by Ethereal, Aura, Lost Buddha, and Sine Die, in that order to date.

I love the leading melody in Aura's Walk on Earth song. It's near infectious to my ears.

Another song with an excellent leading melody is in Sine Die's The Shaman.

One of my biggest gripes is actually the cover because of the man on it. :o

The whole concept, pyramid, backround, and colors is great!, but the male character blended in with the pyramid looks angry, irritated, or depressed. They should have replaced this uncomfortable looking male egyption with the yin-yang symbol for starters... or something cooler like a beautiful female egyption or a tiger! Now that would have hooked and looked better than the expression on this guys face below. I didn't want to write this in my opening review in the Pyramidal Trancendence review thread but I had felt this all along.

Posted Image

Pyramidal Trancendence as a compilation was one great song away from achieving a great "B+" score from me. There were several great songs. Several were good. The last song was decent. And one (track 8) mixed the mainstream club sound with goatrance which was initially interesting until the mainstream sound won out in the end. This left the song lifeless to what goatrance and the genre of the compilation is supposed to be. In that sense I felt one track on the compilation was unquestionably disappointing but the positive prevented it from being bad as a whole. There were no bad songs on this album per say.

I hope some of the same artists who produced the some of the best of the best songs here return for the next. It would probably not hurt for Metapsychic Records to put their top future releases on psyshop, saikosounds, etc...even if they hook their fans while gaining support/feedback as artists here. :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Jon, once again, thank you for the review you did there, and I'm very happy that you continue to enjoy our first compilation after all those months, since its release date. It seems that it let you a good imprint among your goa tastes, and we appreciate that. :)

I'm enjoying to read your comments about the "Pyramidal Trancendence" front cover! :lol: Each person has his own vision and interpretations when they're watching to a picture, and it's always funny to see what are their different feelings towards it. Personnally, I will say that this cover was a good artistic performance from Bruno (Astrancer), the person who created it, because I think he reproduced pretty well the "poker-face"& glacial stare of the traditionnal gyptian representation of the Pharaon, since, as you know it certainly, he was considered, at its time, as the son of RA, and therefore as being half-human -half-god. That's why, because of his self-proclamed divine essence, he used to not let visible his human feelings. And this is, IMO, what Bruno wanted or tried at least to express there.

Replacing this image to its psychedelic context, the posture of the male pharaonic character there can be an auto-identification of the trance listeners who are like "ecstatic" while they're hearing and meditating about the melodic sounds & visions of the different compilation's tracks. :)

Yes, maybe you will say that I have a lot of imagination, but this is exactly what our art-covers are waiting for the listeners: trancendental visions and feelings when they connect the vision of the covers with the music.

Regarding our second compilation, we already announce it and the tracklist in a recent topic. Only Mindsphere and Lost Buddha as Pandemonium will be back in the second chapter. We wanted to let the priority to some new artists, because there are a lot that are producing good goa music nowadays. However, some artists of "Pyramidal Trancendence" will be back in our third programmed compilation...

To Kai-Q and you again Jon, for the distribution issues, we're working on it, we got contacts, Octodur already made some steps to reach this goal, but it's not our top priority for the moment. For now, we have 4 albums to release soon, we want to make with them more promotions for our net-label iniative, to see how people will react, if they appreciate, love what we're doing, and then we will see for what will come next... ;)

We have some plans for a future cd compilation release, but can't tell you when exactly this is gonna happen, since it's a big project, well-known artists will also take part of it, and we're already very busy with outside and inside projects. And will see what we can do also with the pandemonium album, if we will distribute it in cd as well... ;)

I take the opportunity to inform you and express our apologies, at the same time, that right now, our new releases will be hosted for a limited time on our sites, because of the hosting capacities. So, please, don't wait a long time before to download them. This explains why our direct links of our previous releases are not working now. We will give the priority to the new releases, because we need free space to host the future wav's. Thank you for the understanding :)

This cd is a bomb of goa power! A must have for any true goa head out there :-) Im enjoying this so much in my ipod, especially sine die + mindsphere and astrancer, those three are my favs atm.

Keep up the good work everyone involved.

Regards

Diaks