Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious

Psynetix

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone going to give this a chance?

Am I the only one here who prefered I'm The Supervisor to Converting Vegetarians trance side? I found that CD dull  <_<

633934[/snapback]

I agree. Supervisor, minus a couple choice tracks wiped the floor with C.V.'s trance side.

Is anyone going to give this a chance?

Am I the only one here who prefered I'm The Supervisor to Converting Vegetarians trance side? I found that CD dull  <_<

633934[/snapback]

Yeah, me too. I never got into CV trance side. Somehow it bores me. IM The Supervisor is still fun to listen to when I'm in the right mood. Sometimes it just doesn't work, though.

Hehe ok:

The Gathering - very good

Classical - Outstanding

BP EMpire - Very good

Converting Vegetarians - very good

IM Supervisor - mediocre

Even IM the Supervisor had some good tracks - the last 2 are killer...

Converting Vegetarians has some moments too - and the experimental side is excellent...

I wonder if some people that are bashing IM The Supervisor ever had a good and detailed listen to this album. I mean; the first track I heard was Cities of the Future from the ep. I already liked Infected Mushroom, especially Classical Mushroom, which I considered (and still do) a masterpiece, When I first heard Cities of the Future I thought it was cheesy and awfull, I hated it. Then I heard the album and I started with the titletrack. I didn't like the trying-to-sound-dark, but still very fluffy intro and when the voice came in I stopped listening and concluded they changed their style into some terrible pop vocal trance. It reminded me of a very lame rip-off of the vocals in The Prodigy-Firestarter. It wasn't until I heard the album a couple of times at some friends that I discovered there are some very good songs on the album. I even started to appreciate the titletrack, when I came in to a party and the track was playing halfway. I hated the voice and the singing so much, that I didn't try to listen to the rest of the track. So at the party I heard the second half and I liked it. When I read in an interview that the vocal part in The Supervisor and the accent was meant as a joke I started to appreciate the fact that they don't take themselves too serious (I still think it's cheesy and the joke is not very good, but I can at least live through the track). Also I started to like Cities of the Future, because a friend of mine always played it full volume in the car when we were heading to the coffeeshop. It was still cheesy, but now in a fun way.

The fact that you shouldn't take things too seriously and it contains a couple of very nice tracks, makes this album quite listenable and sometimes even enjoying.

I still regret the change of style and hope for another Classical Mushroom, but I respect the fact that they have the balls to try different things and experiment.

I think the people that are already bashing the upcoming album, without even hearing it, or just based on the title tracks, should keep away from the next album, because they aren't going to like the album anyway or put the album down based on a few samples. Keep the reviewing for the open minded and people who take the time to listen to the album all the way through. B)

That's actually quite a nice review, although you didn't like the album. What I ment to say is that some people say the album is crap, because it has vocals. The next album will probarly have vocals as well, but just wait with saying it's crap, untill you listened to it.

All this talk, all this hype about how shit we all know it's going to be. It's going to make it an impulse buy. I'll be walking through HMV or Tower Records & there it'll be like a shining beacon of buy me to see how shit I really am.

You bastards have done this to me :angry:

:P

All this talk, all this hype about how shit we all know it's going to be. It's going to make it an impulse buy. I'll be walking through HMV or Tower Records & there it'll be like a shining beacon of buy me to see how shit I really am.

You bastards have done this to me  :angry:

635441[/snapback]

Haha, sucker! :lol:

+1 :D!

abasio, did this happen to some skazi records aswell :P?

635448[/snapback]

Nah! IMO that guy's okay album was pretty shit.

IM still have the takent but they have chosen the dark side :angry:

I'm sure that is what upsets people the most. It's not that their music is utter gobshite but that they are just such a let down after their previous genious!

You bastards have done this to me  :angry:

:P

635441[/snapback]

Could be worse, could be the new N'Sync album or something.... :P

I'm sure that is what upsets people the most. It's not that their music is utter gobshite but that they are just such a let down after their previous genious!

635454[/snapback]

Yes, they are very talented (Well Erez is) and they had to go wreck it. Ah well, plenty more good producers out there. :)