Lost Buddha - Ataraxia EP

Southern Oracle is a piece of firework. When I listened to it yesterday, I couldn't keep from start dancing. Played it over and over again, dancing lika a madman in my room. Extatic.

My friend was really taken by it too.

I love the break at 2:55, and even more that "arabish" melody to follow after it. The turns and trills, I love the spirit of those. Made me think of Subcouds - On Red, even if On Red is somewhat more refined, its melody stays firmer in your mind.

Thanks! :)

It's good that we have such people as Leo Bergman, Lost Buddha, Mars and Anoebis, who are trying to return the spirit of real Goa trance.

Your music and ideas are great and everybody who likes psy culture and Goa trance respects you!

Continue in that way!

All best!

it is very nice to hear such good words and comments . thank u for showing such good appreciation for my art , its people like you that give me the strength to keep going everyday and make new and better tunes :)

Thank You.

hi filipe , u know that your tracks always send me to my old and gold days of 96's :lol: thanks for your doing bests for real goa trance music ,, its realy amazing work in these days of spirit. keep always your love inside. see u on march in istanbul bro ;)

There... I let some time pass and let these tracks grab a real hold of me. So, there we go!

Ataraxia- I guess this track starts in your pretty typical mid-ninetees goa trance sound, which means that for its first almost three minutes you get the bass kick and some pretty cool background melodies and tweaking sounds. Up until 02:55 when a wonderful melody rips it, and all is great until 04:00 when after the sample, in my opinion, things go awry. What I would have prefered is to hear the track exploding onto a whole new level after the sample. Hey, you remember "V.T.O.L." and the sample "jesus christ! That thing is full of electricity" after a few minutes of the song? Right after it, Monro & Evans took us into even more melodic and psychedelic mayhem! Not that this break is bad, but after an amazing intro it kind of leaves me wanting for more. My other beef with it is that the more part doesn't arrive until 06:40, when the melodies come back in. I mean, not in any way am I saying that there is anything bad here, but for a little over two and a half minutes, we are lesft with little more than the bass kick (which I forgot to mention above is awesome- a true floor ripper) and some background melodies and tweaking acidic synths, if I am not mistaken. But all of those are subdued to the bass. It's the bass that is definitely too loud in that part. I very much do understand and appreciate that part while on a dancefloor and I am sure that this track would make me touch the sky, but it just (dare I say it) seems kind of simple (not in a bad way). But don't confuse this kind of simple with the modern full on banging and boring production! Because here the melodies are always present, there is always something going on, but that mid section could have been a little more trippy. Like this it simply says an excellent head nodder and feet stomper. Anybody gonna complain about that ;) ? But watch out for the main melody kicking back in at 08:00. Even though I would have prefered hearing it right after the sample at 07:35. This is where the track really picks up again, and to be honest, that is where I realised how something was missing before. And the track ends nicely. Very nicely. We're only halfway through, but I'm already far, far, far down memory lane...

Southern Oracle- OK now, if Flying Rhino Records were by any chance alive 20 years from now, this track woulb be one of the highlights on one of their legendary Retrodelica compilations! The melody flies in already at 01:49 and you can't even believe so much has passed since it seems as a matter of seconds before it came. And it lasts until around 02:30 where after some chant-like sample it stops. If I can say, the melody reminds me of (NOT that it is the same!!!) Miranda's awesome lead melody on her stunning tune "Labyrinth". But that's just me. For about 30 secs not much happens but then... I don't know what that effect is called that sounds like schratching, but I reckon it isn't. Well whatever, because after that stentorian effect, another melody rips it for about half a minute. By this time, if the track didn't get you, you must be ill. Or Psyfactor is your favorite trance producer. And then for about a minute you can enjoy the power of this truly pumping and (no joke) joyful bass kick with various effects, melodies, tweaking sounds and what not coming in and out as though the track was an elevator. And then the so called "ambient break", which, IMO, in this track is a stroke of pure genius. To put in a track as powerful and fast as this an ambientesque break with some sort of background choir chant(?), use no bass kick whatsoever, and pull it off, is not easy. Even during this break, virtually all the effects from before (and some new ones) are all in tact, and then the melody kicks back in at 05:00, but the bass kick is still not there. Oh wait! I hear it coming, and coming, and climbing and climbing until- BANG! All hell breaks loose at 05:30 after the sample. See Lost Buddha? That is what I meant above- hit us with it after the sample, for this moment is a killer! We're only five and half minutes into the track and had already three (3!!!) melodic climaxes. But then I felt wrong when after half a minute of this bliss the melody disappears... Naturally, I was soon proven wrong. For at 06:36 the infamous "scratch" effect (I'm loving it) comes in out of nowhere and from there to about 07:25 we are teleported into space. Who remembers Chi A.D.'s "Celestial" and the point in it when that unforgettable and utterly mesmerizing, whinning acid synth came in? Well, while I still wouldn't compare this to that, it does come seriously close. We have no bass kick, but in a few seconds yet another melody (who can keep track of 'em here any longer?) kicks in, and the bass drum starts to crawl in at 07:45, and all hell breks loose when you feel its full power combined with this last climax which is in my opinion everything goa trance was ever about! Except, I really feel that the last climax sounds a little too similar to the melody used on MFG's "Overload" track. Except this is faster. Well, who cares. It's been such a long time, a few will remember, and people like me are so hungry for more goa trance that on a killer climax as this one (and trust me, this WILL blow any door off its hinges) you won't even be thinking about it. You will be too busy dancing your ass off. And the track ends on such a high note with the (predictable, I guess) return of those chanting background vocals, and for the third time, that beautiful scratchy effect ending it very effectively. In all the three time it was used, it really impressed me how skillfully was it incorporated in the track. Nice work, here. Very nice work! This is music that sweeps across the floor, putting a huge smile on everybody's face.

IN CONCLUSION: So, why is my review so long and accurate. For one, I really felt that I needed to comment these tracks as I am very convinced that Lost Buddha has more talents and tricks up his sleeve than Inspector Gadget! His "Metamorphosis" track from the V.A. Apsara hit me like a pissed off tsunami, especialla thanks to that insane middle section from around after the second sample and his track on the Pyramidal Trancedance could easily be the show stealer even though that is a pretty bold statement for finding a best track on there is like looking for a grain of sand in the Sahara desert. So the man's got me impressed. And stay tuned for my review of the V.A. Trip to Dreamland where the man himself can be found again ;) . All in all, he still has to let me down with his blast from the past wall of sound and feel good energetic goa trance that I fell in love with years ago. But that "years ago" could be the crucial phrase here. Why? Because back in 1996-1998 this would have easily been the "EP of the year" release (of coarse along with the Moonshine EP and Plastic EP :lol: ), but in 2006 I want something to make me go: "This is it! This is Lost Buddha! It is THIS that sets him apart from the rest". I am not like another fellow user before me indulging that he should switch over to doing something out of the ordinary just to proves he's different and original (and eventually get fatally taken away by the "originality", like the Infected dudes), but just add his own little original signature, which I understand he hasn't still found having that he only released a few tracks. Not that this style isn't awesome, it rocks! It just does!!! But just like Khetzal is recognizible for his ambientesque approach to music, and Filteria is instantla recognizible for his off the hook multilayered, multi climax and melodic frenzy style (even though I even see too much Pleiadians (my all time #1) influence there...), so should eventually Lost Buddha get his. At times, listening to this EP, I find myself thinking about Ra's To Sirius. A bad thing? Hell no. Just wanna make sure that when I listen to his music, I don't wanna think like: "this part reminds of that guy, that melody is similar to that one... etc". But I am positive that will eventually come, for we haven't heard the half yet. At least I seriously, but really seriously hope so! Boom!!!

damn ! rino u made my day! :D

what an impressive , funny and constructive rewiew! :)

i know that many people would like me to sound like "hey this is lost buddha" but at the same time if i remember people of this and that , maybe thats because i want yas to feel the old nostalgia in a modern way ;) , not that im copying anyone , i dont stop and listen others melodies and then copy. no way. its just the way i am , i open up the sequencer and start buliding , i got so many goaish influences from the past and all the records i use to listen than automatically maybe i start to make a song that remembers u of this artist and that artist , i dont do it on puprpose its just whats inside me . maybe someday i'll be more original , im sure i will be im always evolving all the time. :)

me and cosmogenesis we're gonna start compiling our 2nd Metapsychic Records compilation , but for now i hope everyone will enjoy the Vox - Innerpolarity album , it'll b released soon on metapsychic records , samples are up :) .

Rino , peace , acid and goatrance :)

thank u very much for your super comments .

but for now i hope everyone will enjoy the Vox - Innerpolarity album , it'll b released soon on metapsychic records , samples are up :) .

Rino , peace , acid and goatrance :)

thank u very much for your super comments .

You can't even imagine how excited I am about his forthcoming album... he's my co-citizen for crying out loud!!!

No problem for the comments, just keep the music flowing ;)

P.S.: not for a split of a second did I think you copied anyone, I perfectly understand what you mean, for there are so many great artists, albums and tracks to learn from and get inspired by. At the end, that is what music is all about...

You can't even imagine how excited I am about his forthcoming album... he's my co-citizen for crying out loud!!!

No problem for the comments, just keep the music flowing ;)

P.S.: not for a split of a second did I think you copied anyone, I perfectly understand what you mean, for there are so many great artists, albums and tracks to learn from and get inspired by. At the end, that is what music is all about...

yes rino i didnt think that you were saying that i copied ;) i was only explaning heh.

thank u vmuch for ur support!

I definitely enjoy Southern Oracle. There's just so much more stuff going on... it builds and develops as it progresses. I find the sounds and melodies very catchy and positive sounding, they way they blend together. The direction and flow is good. It doesn't reveal its full self during the first several minutes.. there's more change. It's interesting and better paced. This is one of my favorite songs by Lost Buddha to date. B

Ataraxia is cool but it seems more repetitive to me. The ambience part from 1:49 to 2:15 is interesting... but past that (and with exception to something at the end) the song doesn't hold my attention that much. It doesn't seem to build, deepen, surprise, or really develop and become more mentally stimulating the further it travels. I honestly lose patiance with it until a cool voice enters the music and the bassline or something seems to change notes, playing along with the vocal echoes. That part is very catchy. I simply wish the overall song was more fulfilling and captivating around those two parts placed so far apart. This song could some magic right in the middle to bring it up to the next level or something. C+

Filipe, you made a prototype (?) goatrance track once called something "Garden" I believe back in 2005 or 06. It was peaceful, lush melodies...but then Suntrip released Apsara and many people seemed to have stopped talking about previous song' feedback. Can you inform me of the status of this song? Is it possible to be uploaded or available to hear or download in the near future? Is it complete or do you have interest perfecting it? I remember liking it.

LOST BUDDHA SONGS:

LOST IN PARADISE - B+

ATARAXIA - C+

SOUTHERN ORACLE - B

METAMORPHOSIS - B / B+

Filipe, you're been staying true to making real new old/new-skool goatrance while retaining the old-skool spirit of goatrance. I really like that.

Guest Cosmogenesis

IFilipe, you made a prototype (?) goatrance track once called something "Garden" I believe back in 2005 or 06. It was peaceful, lush melodies...but then Suntrip released Apsara and many people seemed to have stopped talking about previous song' feedback. Can you inform me of the status of this song? Is it possible to be uploaded or available to hear or download in the near future? Is it complete or do you have interest perfecting it? I remember liking it.

You're probably talking about "Silk Animal" (goa garden mix). It's a very nice track indeed, with a real deep emotion inside, but the production quality wasn't so good, and even more when you compare it now with his newest tracks. But I prefer let Filipe tell you himself more about it. :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

IFilipe, you made a prototype (?) goatrance track once called something "Garden" I believe back in 2005 or 06. It was peaceful, lush melodies...but then Suntrip released Apsara and many people seemed to have stopped talking about previous song' feedback. Can you inform me of the status of this song? Is it possible to be uploaded or available to hear or download in the near future? Is it complete or do you have interest perfecting it? I remember liking it.

You're probably talking about "Silk Animal" (goa garden mix). It's a very nice track indeed, with a real deep emotion inside, but the production quality wasn't so good, and even more when you compare it now with his newest tracks. But I prefer let Filipe tell you himself more about it. :)

Yes thats it!! I'm certain. And thanks. I really like that song. Maybe one day we can get a release with improved production. How 'bout it Filipe?

yes indeed , im sure John will give an "A" to Regeneration on which i wont reveal more infos till my album will be released on Shivlink Rec.

before that i am doing an album called "Untold Stories 2004-2007" with only unreleased stuff. will drop some more info soon when everything is settled.

Dude I just checked your site.Definately you are a professional.

I downloaded your Ataraxia EP.And here is a review from my point of view.

Ataraxia

The track starts with some intro melodies that tells you everything will be energetic here!

The effects swirls everywhere.And yes here comes the Universal Goa Spirit building even more as time passes.

Low pass filters do excellent work there too.

The bass change in a mystical way and some chants (I guess?) flows at 6:15 approximately.

Top notch production!

Southern Oracle

Mmm I like the hihats effects as old goa tracks from Orion and Miranda!

Effects and weird pads are swirling over the place!

Yes at 1:50 approximately you introduce the first part of the melody.Which is very nice!

Hmm the melody keeps developing.Excellent reminds me some of the best tracks of MFG but with no way of copying them.UPLIFTING!

The climax is very critical coming before the epilogue.

This is my favorite track of the ep.

Top notch production!

Final Verdict: VG+ 8/10

Production: 9/10

I hope you could release some of your music soon.Maybe on Suntrip Records?

You got your original style.

All the best.

yes indeed , im sure John will give an "A" to Regeneration on which i wont reveal more infos till my album will be released on Shivlink Rec.

LOL. Filipe. Anything is possible but please realize I rarely give A grades. Even several songs from Pleiadians I.F.O. and Hallucinogen albums (which are on my top 5 goatrance albums ever to date) had tracks that did not get an A from me. As a whole however I found the albums A's. I'm very critical because I compare everything to everything else.. so when I give a B+ for example, it's not that common either unless the song is THAT good.

Btw.. I like your desire to push yourself and become better. And please don't lose that focus regardless of what grades I give your stuff. Nothing is perfect, not even the perfect stuff so to speak. ;)

I look forward to the new stuff.. hope it's really something! :)

Suntrip Records? they never cared about me and they never will.

Suntrip Records is not worth of my art.I spent 2 years if not more in there and Filteria got all the attention. not professional enough from my point of view.

Dude, you can't let that stuff affect you. Record labels often find certain artist(s) more desireable for whatever reason throughout a certain time period. You're not the only artist who's felt unhappy with a record label or someone associated to it. The whole thing between you and Suntrip is none of my business but I know it's not good to focus on what you didn't get when you wanted it. This happens to so many artists. There's often times good reasons. I've learned with record labels that alot of stuff happens that is business and "personal difference" related reasons for business. It's often not intended to hurt the artist(s) or individuals even if the artist is disappointed over something. You sealed a sweet spot on a wonderful goatrance comp. Aspara has been enjoyed by goa and psytrancers all over the world. You got your name out! Focus on the positive and try to make peace always because you never know when your time will come. You have alot of talent and it's good to get it out there, regardless of how or who signs you and/or distributes it. :)

People, for your information, I have set the posts that were inapropriate invisible and re-opened this thread. We will not tollerate any bashing of members/labels/forums on this forum. If you have a problem with someone or something, then express that to the person(s) involved privately, and keep it out of PsyNews!!

I hope this is clear from now on!

Regards,

Nemo