Lost Buddha - Ataraxia EP

I decided to make a special release to DJ´s and to all listeners on the world. These 2 tracks unfortunatly will never see the light in one way but i will make sure that these amazing tunes will see the light in anyway it matters. see this as a present from me to all my goa fans around the world that so much see my music as blessing , fantastic and something that no other musician can hardly accomplish in the days we´re living.Feel free to speak about this to your friends and promote it in anyway you like.

COMING VERY SOON:

Posted Image

01. (00:09:08) Lost Buddha - Ataraxia

02. (00:09:34) Lost Buddha - Southern Oracle

QUALITY : 192KPBS MP3

Playing Time.........: 00:18:42

www.metapsychicrecords.com

Guest Cosmogenesis

Bro, what can I say? Thanx a lot to share this diamond E.P. with all of us! :)

On the one hand, I will be honest, I feel sad because I think those two high-quality tracks deserved to be released on some labels. Unfortunately, none of them has accepted to do it. You know the current situation with the goa music and industry: those tracks would have been certainly released some years ago, but now, things have changed a lot since that time.

On the other hand, I'm glad u have decided, at least, to give them to us, instead of keeping them with the status of "mysterious/secret productions". So people can enjoy it for sure. :)

its ok bro , thanks for your warm words. i hope everyone will enjoy this special release , i hope dj´s will blast this traxx in their parties , and any feedback is welcome , i will start workin on my album very soon , it will take me a year or more , but ill get there. keep the vibes and BOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

who said goa was dead? ;)

enjoy it my friends . if i released it its because i know this is top notch stuff ready to blow up. its my pleasure to share such work , i cant leave this in the bottom of the well . i played this stuff live in a halloween party and what an explosion. so its my pleasure , feel free to comment , give feedback , share , promote about this.

all the best.

thanks for the music!

But replying with "thank you bro" after every single reply on this and the metaphysics topic is starting to become really boring! But I will download this now

631569[/snapback]

why not dropping some comments about this work then ?

;)

nice, can't wait hear them :)

631463[/snapback]

Rah feel free to put this in Sonic Energy. let me know when its up.

Amphition my brother u dont even have to say thank u. i say thank u for you guys downloading this and enjoying to listen to it as i had so much fun playing and producing it.

BOOM.

:D

Downloading right now!! I'm super hyped to hear this.... no human words available

right this moment!

Posted Image

Thank you so much for this treat Filipe!!

Posted Image

why not dropping some comments about this work then ?

;)

631576[/snapback]

Just checked them out.

+: These new tracks are a definate improvement over the stuff you showed me last year (actually a rather huge improvement). The track development has improved, the layering is better, and all and all I'd say good job.

-: I'm pretty sure we had this conversation before, but personally I'm not a big fan of the kicks in either track. I realize the soft kind of "basketball bounce" kick was a staple back in the day, but I just have a hard time getting into them now a days. Personal taste and all but I prefer "thwack" kicks more than "boing" kicks.

I'd say that all and all you have definately gotten the skill of copying the original goa sound down. Now I think the next big piece of the puzzle as an artist would be for you to break out of that mold and find your own voice, obviously incorporating the old school sounds, but with something different to make it your own. Right now I listen to these tracks and good "hey, these are some nice goa tracks", but I don't put them on and go "hey these are some Lost Buddha tracks" yet.

Obviously this is the hardest part for any artist, but I think its the most vital. If anyone needs any proof of this we just need to look at the scene in general today. We have tons of artists releasing who've generally gotten a solid grasp on the production aspects of trance, but every few of them have developed their own unqiue and recognizable voice. Love or hate them, the big names in any music scene are the ones who you can listen to and after a few seconds go "oh, this is an XYZ track".

But I digress.... Anyways, good tracks here. Anyone looking for some old goa vibes shuold grab them while they can. :)

Outstanding! Thanks! regardless of what was said earlier I like the kicks in Southern Oracle. I think they work realy well in with the change and harmonies in the baseline. In my limited opinion the boom is better with old school kicks. Tunes like Electron Bender and MWNN Flooresscence Blacklight still sound so much better to me on the low end compared to a lot of the stuff out today.

Thanks again!!!

I decided to make a special release to DJ´s and to all listeners on the world. These 2 tracks unfortunatly will never see the light in one way but i will make sure that these amazing tunes will see the light in anyway it matters. see this as a present  from me to all my goa fans around the world that so much see my music as blessing , fantastic and something that no other musician can hardly accomplish in the days we´re living.Feel free to speak about this to your friends and promote it in anyway you like.

COMING VERY SOON:

Posted Image

01. (00:09:08) Lost Buddha - Ataraxia

02. (00:09:34) Lost Buddha - Southern Oracle

QUALITY : 192KPBS MP3

Playing Time.........: 00:18:42

www.metapsychicrecords.com

631265[/snapback]

Outstanding! Thanks! regardless of what was said earlier I like the kicks in Southern Oracle. I think they work realy well in with the change and harmonies in the baseline. In my limited opinion the boom is better with old school kicks. Tunes like Electron Bender and MWNN Flooresscence Blacklight still sound so much better to me on the low end compared to a lot of the stuff out today.

Thanks again!!!

631928[/snapback]

Oh, Lost in Paradise is excellent by the way!

Just checked them out.

+: These new tracks are a definate improvement over the stuff you showed me last year (actually a rather huge improvement). The track development has improved, the layering is better, and all and all I'd say good job.

-: I'm pretty sure we had this conversation before, but personally I'm not a big fan of the kicks in either track. I realize the soft kind of "basketball bounce" kick was a staple back in the day, but I just have a hard time getting into them now a days. Personal taste and all but I prefer "thwack" kicks more than "boing" kicks.

I'd say that all and all you have definately gotten the skill of copying the original goa sound down. Now I think the next big piece of the puzzle as an artist would be for you to break out of that mold and find your own voice, obviously incorporating the old school sounds, but with something different to make it your own. Right now I listen to these tracks and good "hey, these are some nice goa tracks", but I don't put them on and go "hey these are some Lost Buddha tracks" yet.

Obviously this is the hardest part for any artist, but I think its the most vital. If anyone needs any proof of this we just need to look at the scene in general today. We have tons of artists releasing who've generally gotten a solid grasp on the production aspects of trance, but every few of them have developed their own unqiue and recognizable voice. Love or hate them, the big names in any music scene are the ones who you can listen to and after a few seconds go "oh, this is an XYZ track".

But I digress.... Anyways, good tracks here. Anyone looking for some old goa vibes shuold grab them while they can.  :)

631894[/snapback]

Jikk i really appreciate ur good comments and bad ones on this , and now i will express my opinions about your comments.

about the kicks , well i simply love them , i know they´re right and to me goa ping pong kicks are far much powerful than ever (fact in live acts) .

about my originality i cant say how much more original i can be , this is totally my sounding since i dont even listen to goa nowadays , i simply open up the sequencer and build everything up , so the point is , if im doing goa , goa follows formulas and buildups , if u would like a more original sounding i would do something real crazy and abstract and because goa is music , all music follows formulas , sequences , buildups and a story. i do goa for almost 5 years and i cant see where can i be more original sorry. its almost the same as saying that khetzal isnt khetzal and filteria isnt filteria. if u would compare my music to them , u would say : This is Lost Buddha" .

anyway Jikk , im not flaming , this is my opinion about my work and im truly grateful to discuss your point of views at any time in a friendly speech! :) peace

EDIT: Trancechick , Sarvodaya , n rest of the people , thank yas very much for the excitment and im very glad i filled your hearts with my music. a deep thank u from the heart , keep on GOAing.

I still feel your melodies lack harmony and flow. I can hardly get any sensations from your tracks. :/ The masters of goa knew how to attach notes the way the track would stay in your head the whole day. :)

boom

EDIT: Trancechick , Sarvodaya , n rest of the people ,  thank yas very much for the excitment and im very glad i filled your hearts with my music. a deep thank u from the heart , keep on GOAing.

632325[/snapback]

Your talent & sound is (to me) outstanding! It's been forever since I bothered

listening to any Goa, until now. Thank you for filling our ears and hearts with "total euphoric joy"!!

Respect!

:D

I like both of these songs and none of them tops "Metamorphosis" for me so far.

Ataraxia ... I like the samples and middle transition. I didn't find this song that interesting or compelling until around 6:01. On the 6ixth minute... the sound changes, becomes more catchy. Very cool female voices arrive which adds character and enhances the song I feel. There also seems to be some very nice key and/or tempo changes (?), in this song during the last third.

Southern Oracle ... Better. I like the climax at around 5:25 and the ambient notes make this single more catchy. At 6:40 the layers and sounds are all blending together just right. The ambient notes are a big plus.

I like both of these songs and none of them tops  "Metamorphosis" for me so far.

Ataraxia ... I like the samples and middle transition. I didn't find this song that interesting or compelling until around 6:01. On the 6ixth minute... the sound changes, becomes more catchy. Very cool female voices arrive which adds character and enhances the song I feel. There also seems to be some very nice key and/or tempo changes (?), in this song during the last third.  which sounds pretty cool.

Southern Oracle ... I generally like the melodies in this song more. I like the climax at around 5:25 and the ambient notes make this single more catchy. At 6:40 the layers and sounds are all blending together just right. The ambient notes are a big plus. I like this song more than Ataraxia so far and I'll hear both songs more over the next couple days.

You posted a sample from a track you made called (something, I forget the name) "Garden" I think it was called back in 2005 some time. It was very interesting, peaceful, lush melodies.. whatever happened to that song? Is it finished? I would really like to hear it in its entirety if you can upload it sometime.

633613[/snapback]

thanks for your opinion Jon , it is truly inspiring to hear your words :) . i respect your point of view , but maybe these songs will grow on you along with time..

About "Silk animal" u better forget it ;)

all the best!

• 2 weeks later...