bassline vst's for cubase sx3

hey people...just got a copy of cubasesx3 and am finding it hard to create a decent bassline with the onboard synths available...is it just me or do i need to get sum new plugins?? :blink:

any one know any decent sites where i could download a sick bassline synth for psytrance production?? any help would be appreciated :D

with some decent effects, you can get some pretty cool sound out of the VB-1 bass... but there are sooooo many out there that create cool bassline sounds. Please search the forum, there are many threads with tips and tricks for creating basslines :D

i fidled around with vb-1 but it didnt make what i wanted---ok ill search the forum...didnt think of that

thnxs NEMO :D

630807[/snapback]

I mean, it all depends on what kind of bassline you want to do.... tell me what you want to achieve, and maybe I can point you in the right direction at least...

im off to bed now, so dont expect an answer until tomorrow, but I will for sure check your answer in the morning :)

Take care now, and happy bassline hunting mate! :D

Shit i couldnt get on the net 4 ages!!!

well if ur still around nemo...i was thinking if a sort of dark bassline that still has harmonics...

the vb-1 is not working 4 me..i eq'd it and still had this annoying tape sound that was present wen i used 3-bar basslines! I tried to kill it with the eq but then the bass is to flat and shit!

I really like the basslines that arnt fully hich pitched and have a really "Bassy" feel to them but arnt void of harmonics aswell...i tried vanguard and had sum success but i still cant get basslines like the pros... any other hints or programs?:D

there r many good vsts for basslines z3ta+, vanguard(for fat basslines), albino, hydra, v-station, muon tau pro, audiorealism bassline...and as for vb-1, try this:-

download the vb-1 banks from kvr if u dont have 'em...select the bank 'ruvb1' and select the preset 'trombone??naa' put it through an eq decrease the higher frequencies, increase the mid jus a lil bit n make the bassline on the 2nd and 3rd octave

for more tips tricks etc...,try the isratrance forum:

the mother of all basslines thread

hope that helped ;)

Another useful tip (not just for bass but for everything) is do the majority of you patch tweaking while the rest of the track is playing. Most of the time when you spend hours working on a patch solo'ed and get it "just right" you drop it into the mix to find that it doesn't fit at all. Working with the whole thing going from the start helps you get the sound you really need much quicker.

Another useful tip (not just for bass but for everything) is do the majority of you patch tweaking while the rest of the track is playing. Most of the time when you spend hours working on a patch solo'ed and get it "just right" you drop it into the mix to find that it doesn't fit at all. Working with the whole thing going from the start helps you get the sound you really need much quicker.

643639[/snapback]

i totally agree with u...thats what i always do

• 2 weeks later...