do you listen to oldschool psychedelic trance?

radi6404

Hidden place in our minds.... yes me like that comment :D

629286[/snapback]

Hehe.... and there are many hidden places in our minds, we all just pretend to be in control of everything.... but what we need is to get in contact with our roots.... then world peace will come and a lot good music :P

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe.... and there are many hidden places in our minds, we all just pretend to be in control of everything.... but what we need is to get in contact with our roots.... then world peace will come and a lot good music :P

629292[/snapback]

as they say in Sweden: ORD!

Hehe, im not crazy!!! :D :D Yeah maybe he will, but I think im very honest atleast.... or not? Psynews is about PSY, but we can take it to another level or not? :D (no its not a question directed at you reger)

629274[/snapback]

then i shall not respond B):P

well, ive noticed that here, pretty often someone complains about todays psy being cheesy and non creative etc, which isnt as bad as opposite comments like "psy is dead" or "youre stuck on dead music, listen to "genre" isntead. i mean - wtf, do they think that their taste is so superior and that they are so 31337?!

The thing is, I see so many people being so negative about this whole scene....

- Oldschool sucks

- Psytrance has shitty basslines

- Psytrance is dead

- blah blah blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

its all blah to me!

Start a frikken page called Prognews.com... DO something about you dislike... Be inovative... CREATE something!

Like I said, im not a pure psy lover, nor a goa fan. I am a lover of good music! Be it Hallucinogen or Trentemoller.... what gives me the kicks, gives me the kicks :D

629272[/snapback]

amen !!! same over here :)

that's exactly the same with  those that diss all dark psy or ALL stuff with a rolling bassline.

629317[/snapback]

i liek dark psy, also liek some fullon, but sometimes the same thing repeated over and over for thousands of times tend to get annoying.

I am going to TRY and not sound arrogant in this reply......

1. The most people that I read and know that dont like oldschool, have not basically lived the oldschool era...

2. The ones that love full on, seem to be the ones that just joined around 1996.

3. The ones that think that goa and psy is shit, is the wannabe "dis and people"  that joined when progressive got big. Thinking that progressive is the new thing etc etc.

I first heard acid house when I was VERY young, and I instantly fell for it. I have loved electronic music since. People love music, its frikkin natural! So they fight for their Genre! I fight for ELECTRONICA though....

for the future of Elecronica. Good electronica will never die... but progressive, goa, psy... WILL (only electronica will survive)!

It will maybe live as a small society..... but the music will evolve, and it will be called something else and we will LOVE IT!

Please dont take this as a negative post... im only saying.... things happen... they evolve... they become better (Or worse) and then we alter them!........

THE DIRECTION IS UP TO YOU!

Love and Light,

Nemo

629242[/snapback]

Err, i was there with Goa but in 2000 it was killed by Hux Flux, Kox Box and Double Dragon. I have the full respect for the past but i prefer going forward, it's just the way i am. Especially that there's so much good music around. Perhaps when i hit the 30's and the only music around will be dark psy and cheesy israeli full on than i'll prefer to go back to the Goa roots. But it's hardly the case.

*Puts some proper IDM* on the iPod.

Nemo i think when the third hallucinogen album will come out it will change the scene and the people will start to listen to oldschool again because it will oldschool (i hope) the cheesy israeli fullon wil disappear with time after the second hallucinogen album. I don´t know why mars and annoebis don´t release more oldschool alike music instead of that newschool, Tranceform is closer to oldschool than suntrip but they still aren´t 100% oldschool. I hope they will change their style a bit and force filteria to not make so ultracheesy trance anymore. Khetzal is fine though.

629250[/snapback]

You forgot peace in the middle east.

It will definitely have full on basslines. Otherwise I will be disappointed in the lack of full on basslines.

629260[/snapback]

The next Radiohead album will have a full on bassline too.

Like I said, im not a pure psy lover, nor a goa fan. I am a lover of good music! Be it Hallucinogen or Trentemoller.... what gives me the kicks, gives me the kicks :D

629272[/snapback]

Kicks Nemo in the arse.

Err, i was there with Goa but in 2000 it was killed by Hux Flux, Kox Box and Double Dragon. I have the full respect for the past but i prefer going forward, it's just the way i am. Especially that there's so much good music around. Perhaps when i hit the 30's and the only music around will be dark psy and cheesy israeli full on than i'll prefer to go back to the Goa roots. But it's hardly the case.

*Puts some proper IDM* on the iPod.

You forgot peace in the middle east.

The next Radiohead album will have a full on bassline too.

Kicks Nemo in the arse.

629355[/snapback]

:)

you say you don´t like oldschool so much, do you like full-on more, it is way more linear and very cheesy and destroys speakers and ears because of the awful mastering techniquies

629236[/snapback]

I´d say you need better speakers hehe... get rid of those small computerspeakers.

I´d say you need better speakers hehe... get rid of those small computerspeakers.

629454[/snapback]

No, on my new speakers the fullon sounds properly but it is even worse because now i can hear properly how shit it akutally sound, the bassline is the biggest shit, even through the best subwoofer would sound the bassline shit.

Nemo i think when the third hallucinogen album will come out it will change the scene and the people will start to listen to oldschool again because it will oldschool (i hope) the cheesy israeli fullon wil disappear with time after the second hallucinogen album. I don´t know why mars and annoebis don´t release more oldschool alike music instead of that newschool, Tranceform is closer to oldschool than suntrip but they still aren´t 100% oldschool. I hope they will change their style a bit and force filteria to not make so ultracheesy trance anymore. Khetzal is fine though.

629250[/snapback]

I think you are a sad little boy.

you say you don´t like oldschool so much, do you like full-on more,

1/ it is way more linear and

2/ very cheesy and

3/ destroys speakers and ears because of the awful mastering techniquies

629236[/snapback]

1/ no it isn't

2/ so is a lot of goa

3/ that's nonsense. You don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, I still do, so what now ?

629590[/snapback]

than post it more often in the music thread, what will newcomers think when they see that here on psynews the people don´t listen to true psychedelic rance expect me and some other but to ambient/IDM etc etc, people who come here want to meet people who are psychedelic trance fans and not dancefloor killargh rolling basslines fans, i have nohting against them but i just wanted know if there aktually are still people who at all listen to oldschool expect me because in the music thread it doesn´t look like that.

I often listen to old school! I'm sure I have posted the old school I've listened to too! You are not alone Radi! You just don't know all the old school artists. I see them often in the music threads :D

I often listen to old school! I'm sure I have posted the old school I've listened to too! You are not alone Radi! You just don't know all the old school artists. I see them often in the music threads  :D

629699[/snapback]

then please tell me the ones who aren´t that popular, i am always opened to discover oldschool artists