do you listen to oldschool psychedelic trance?

radi6404

I am wondering if you still listen to oldschool psychedelic and goa trance because in the music thread i am the only person who post oldschool tracks since quite a few months now, all listen to some music i never heard and never heard of so tlel me if you guys stil listen to oldschool psychedelic trance or if the spirit is gone a long time ago, if it is the last the forum should not have the name psynews.org anymore IMO.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snowball then please answer if you watched in this thread, hey we have no discussion about goa trance here anymore.

629134[/snapback]

Yes I do listen to Goa.And I dont like most of fullon either!

Goa Discussions?Long time no see.

The topic title should be "do you still listen to oldschool psychedelic trance?

629132[/snapback]

correct :)!

yes, allthough this music was popular ten years ago, i still listen to it, wasnt there ten years ago tho, but i dont follow trends, i just listen to music that "makes your head spin" :) and thats certain goa/psy for me. but i do like todays psytrance aswell, its overproduced tho and lacks creativity and freshness, overall, compared to oldschool goa-psy of the mid 90s, but there are tracks that i listen to.

I am wondering if you still listen to oldschool psychedelic and goa trance because in the music thread i am the only person who post oldschool tracks since quite a few months now, all listen to some music i never heard and never heard of so tlel me if you guys stil listen to oldschool psychedelic trance or if the spirit is gone a long time ago, if it is the last the forum should not have the name psynews.org anymore IMO.

629104[/snapback]

:unsure: this would make sense if this forum was called goanews.org.... Psy = Psychedelic!

Well I first heard psytrance in 2003, so I missed Goa when it happened. When I listen to old-school stuff now though it sounds good but kind of primitive, and doesn't stand up so well to repeat listens as a lot of modern stuff in my opinion. Though if anyone could recommend an old-school album that would change my mind about this I would be very grateful.

Well I first heard psytrance in 2003, so I missed Goa when it happened. When I listen to old-school stuff now though it sounds good but kind of primitive, and doesn't stand up so well to repeat listens as a lot of modern stuff in my opinion. Though if anyone could recommend an old-school album that would change my mind about this I would be very grateful.

629209[/snapback]

Indeed here are a few!

Infinity Project - Feeling Weird (TIP)

Hallucinogen - Twisted and The Lone Deranger (too easy ;))

Pleiadians - I.F.O. and Family of Light

Prana - Geomantik

Shiva Sidpao (Shiva Shidapu) - The Album

and many more but I think people will recommend more ;)

I was there back in the heydays. I started listening to goa in 96 and from 96-98 I saw live acts like Astral projection, MWNN, Orion (all three same act! and I was actually sitting on the stage 1-2m away from the artists), Koxbox, Green Nuns and so on.. So sad the style changed and the oldschool were gone...

629209[/snapback]

Get:

hallucinogen - Twisted

hallucinogen- The Lone Deranger

Shpongle - Are you Shpongled?

The Infinity Project - Feeling Weird

Astral Projection - Trust in Trance 2 and 3

MFG - The Prophecy

space Tribe and Simon Posford - Flipout the dolphin (this is not an album but a track but it is incredible)

Get:

hallucinogen - Twisted

hallucinogen- The Lone Deranger

Shpongle - Are you Shpongled?

629225[/snapback]

Got those three. Perhaps I have misunderstood, but I wouldn't call Shpongle old-school Goa, great though they are (I prefer Tales of the Inexpressible myself). As for Hallucinogen, I think he's a great producer but that he can't write tunes as well as, say, IM used to before they went shit; I find his tracks start very well but don't hold my attention for the full seven minutes. Pavel, please don't kill me.

Got those three. Perhaps I have misunderstood, but I wouldn't call Shpongle old-school Goa, great though they are (I prefer Tales of the Inexpressible myself). As for Hallucinogen, I think he's a great producer but that he can't write tunes as well as, say, IM used to before they went shit; I find his tracks start very well but don't hold my attention for the full seven minutes. Pavel, please don't kill me.

629233[/snapback]

If you want more melodic get the two astral projection albums, this are more linear than hallucinogen and sound a bit more electronic, the same counts for the first two mfg albums, they are also very atmospheric like the hallucinogens albums but also very melodic, Indoor - Progressive trance is also a very good album which is more experiemntal but still very goa tranceish, it has a better production quality than many albums from that time so you might like it better than the others.

you say you don´t like oldschool so much, do you like full-on more, it is way more linear and very cheesy and destroys speakers and ears because of the awful mastering techniquies

you say you don´t like oldschool so much, do you like full-on more, it is way more linear and very cheesy and destroys speakers and ears because of the awful mastering techniquies

629236[/snapback]

:huh: the mastering.... wtf.... you r a weird kid.... ;)

I dont think it has anything to do with the mastering...

If you want more melodic get the two astral projection albums, this are more linear than hallucinogen and sound a bit more electronic, the same counts for the first two mfg albums, they are also very atmospheric like the hallucinogens albums but also very melodic, Indoor - Progressive trance is also a very good album which is more experiemntal but still very goa tranceish, it has a better production quality than many albums from that time so you might like it better than the others.

629236[/snapback]

Thanks for the recommendations, they are much appreciated.

To answer your question, no I am not a fullon fan, though there is some fullon I like. Most of the psy I buy these days is dark. I find the ear-fucking noises used in dark way more psychedelic than anything I hear in old-school; I think Kindzadza's "Waves from outer space" is the best example of what I like. I can appreciate why some people here don't like it though - it's pretty far away from what "trance" used to be about, although it has the "psy" down to a tee :D