Psy Chill Sucks

Goa Bill

Oh, really?  :rolleyes:

632260[/snapback]

I like the fast people can fly version more as the slower one altough i don´t like people can fly anymore, those times are gone a long time ago and won´t come back after discovering the dangerous scary great hallucinogen, i like the slower version of dancing galaxy more than the original but i doubt i will listen often to those tracks, i don´t like their dancing galaxy and another world, the best albums of them are Trust in Trance 2/3, the other stuff is good but i think it sounds to normal for me. Pavel do you think that Alien Encounter 2 is aktually better than alien encounter 1, i don´t, alien encounter one is a very hypnotic optimistic spreading track while part 2 is a normal goa track with less melodies.

Charlie do you still listen people can fly or dancing galaxy, i don´t know, after discovering hallucinogen, old electric universe, man with no name and Infinity project i don´t like them so much anymore expect their very old albums, do you like them? I find Mfg aktually better than the newer astral projection ones because i find astral too generic, not repretive but too generic, there are only synthsounds to hear with almost no FX sounds, what can you say about that?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fast people can fly version more as the slower one altough i don´t like people can fly anymore, those times are gone a long time ago and won´t come back after discovering the dangerous scary great hallucinogen, i like the slower version of dancing galaxy more than the original but i doubt i will listen often to those tracks, i don´t like their dancing galaxy and another world, the best albums of them are Trust in Trance 2/3, the other stuff is good but i think it sounds to normal for me. Pavel do you think that Alien Encounter 2 is aktually better than alien encounter 1, i don´t, alien encounter one is a very hypnotic optimistic spreading track while part 2 is a normal goa track with less melodies.

Charlie do you still listen people can fly or dancing galaxy, i don´t know, after discovering hallucinogen, old electric universe, man with no name and Infinity project i don´t like them so much anymore expect their very old albums, do you like them? I find Mfg aktually better than the newer astral projection ones because i find astral too generic, not repretive but too generic, there are only synthsounds to hear with almost no FX sounds, what can you say about that?

632283[/snapback]

I do still play the Astral Projection albums (and similar stuff) from time to time but, as you say, more often than not they sound repetitive and a little boring. I certainly prefer the darker, twistier, multi layered psy as there's more variation in the music to hold my attention.

I like the fast people can fly version more as the slower one altough i don´t like people can fly anymore, those times are gone a long time ago and won´t come back after discovering the dangerous scary great hallucinogen

632283[/snapback]

What music is going to make you feel the same about hallucinogen?

Bets anyone?

Bets anyone?

632365[/snapback]

Someone who thinks that Hallucinogen is the BEST producer, obviously doesnt hear much music. He makes crappy space-ship sound music. Video game music.

As far as top electronic music producers go, Simon posford isnt even in my list.

Bets anyone?

632365[/snapback]

There isn´t ANY msuic which gives me the same feeling than hallucinogen expect some very old dragonfly releases whcih are usually also produced by simon but other artists sounded similar to hallucinogen on that time, there isn´t any music which gave me even close feelings than hallucinogen, especially 2005, i can say that the msuic played with my feelings together with monica, man i couldn´t wait last year this time until the school ends that i finally could play fluoro neuro sponge from ym mp3 player and think of moni, it was bizzare what the music made with me, this year i realise what hallucinogen did with me last year, i was under full control of hallucinogen man i turned all lights off, sat down and heard fluoro neuro sponge as loud as possible, i closed my eyes and was like in dreams while listening to hallucinogen, simon posford is simon posford, let´s see what will happen this year, maybe this year alpha centauri will be the track or dorset perception of shpongle, i´ll see.

Someone who thinks that Hallucinogen is the BEST producer, obviously doesnt hear much music. He makes crappy space-ship sound music. Video game music.

As far as top electronic music producers go, Simon posford isnt even in my list.

632374[/snapback]

-

There isn´t ANY msuic which gives me the same feeling than hallucinogen expect some very old dragonfly releases whcih are usually also produced by simon but other artists sounded similar to hallucinogen on that time, there isn´t any music which gave me even close feelings than hallucinogen, especially 2005, i can say that the msuic played with my feelings together with monica, man i couldn´t wait last year this time until the school ends that i finally could play fluoro neuro sponge from ym mp3 player and think of moni, it was bizzare what the music made with me, this year i realise what hallucinogen did with me last year, i was under full control of hallucinogen man i turned all lights off, sat down and heard fluoro neuro sponge as loud as possible, i closed my eyes and was like in dreams while listening to hallucinogen, simon posford is simon posford, let´s see what will happen this year, maybe this year alpha centauri will be the track or dorset perception of shpongle, i´ll see.

632388[/snapback]

Shut up, mongoloid.

632374[/snapback]

Harsh words from somebody who spends many hours a week playing WOW.

:lol::lol::lol:

Harsh words from somebody who spends many hours a week playing WOW.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

632472[/snapback]

don´t mind him, he has no feelings, sion posford tries to give people with "normal" feelings impressive feelings but his feelings are obviously different to normal feelings so he can´t feel the hallucinogen

don´t mind him, he has no feelings, sion posford tries to give people with "normal" feelings impressive feelings but his feelings are obviously different to normal feelings so he can´t feel the hallucinogen

632490[/snapback]

What are normal feelings?

I do still play the Astral Projection albums (and similar stuff) from time to time but, as you say, more often than not they sound repetitive and a little boring. I certainly prefer the darker, twistier, multi layered psy as there's more variation in the music to hold my attention.

632288[/snapback]

I must say altough the Asttral are a bit too generic they give me impressive euphonia feelings, the older tracks are still very good, expect people can fly, i find it a bit too comercial sounding but the other ones are trancei, that cannot be said about dancing galaxy album for example.

632374[/snapback]

There's one thing I'll give Simon credit for - he can write a diverse range of music, something a lot of modern producers cannot do. This guy has been in so many projects, collaborated with so many talented producers, wrote so many different kinds of music that it would be ridiculous to say that he isn't a talented musician.

I can understand if you don't like his music, but to dismiss him as a producer is stupid.

There's one thing I'll give Simon credit for - he can write a diverse range of music, something a lot of modern producers cannot do. This guy has been in so many projects, collaborated with so many talented producers, wrote so many different kinds of music that it would be ridiculous to say that he isn't a talented musician.

I can understand if you don't like his music, but to dismiss him as a producer is stupid.

632610[/snapback]

I think he had said he quite liked Twisted album..

Overdose generally likes to overreact, I think :P

I hate to say it. But.

Psynews sucks.

every F**king discussion ends up the same. It's really tiring. Cut the crap, for gods sake.

Radi: STFU about hallucinogen.

Everyone else: STFU about radi's hallucinogen remarks.

My god. Seriously, I think it's bloody annoying. Really. :angry:

Ok, in a vain attempt to put some spice into this discussion, let me explain why I think this is not a purely negative one and why I agree to some of the points made.

First of all: it took me a while to realize what psychill (or sometimes psybient) stands for. It doesn't really matter though, but it's a widely used name and most people will understand what it stands for.

For me: psychedelic chillout can stand for a lot of things. I mean, there's a lot of differences between the Future Sound of London, Ozric Tentacles, Ooze, Boards of Canada, Global Communication, Pink Floyd and Zenzile, but I'd consider all of them psychedelic chillout.

Things they have in common are: they're not too upbeat, they move me emotionally and 'spiritually', take me too deeper regions of musical appreciation, states of consciousness and surprise me! They explore the unknown, they do things to me!

And of course, any kind of musical taste is highly subjective, but on an objective level I think we can agree that a lot of the developments in 'pschill' as a genre have seen the usage of similar samples, instruments, sounds, progression and build in tracks.

And well, at least for me it works like this: if a lot of tracks start sounding similar, they start to lose their 'psychedelic' effect on me. If I can't be surprised anymore, then there's not much fun to be gained anymore. That's my main complaint about psychill these days.

I did like some recent releases though, but I also have to admit that my taste is evolving towards a somewhat more minimalistic psychedelic style. The art of silence is very suggestive! And even the most recent psychill albums that I did like were a little full of sounds... think Capsula, Androcell, Slack Baba. All very good, but a little too rich... But that's just me!

Anyway, I don't think that exploring new styles and genres for the sake of exploring new types of music is a necessity. But I do feel that sometimes one needs to look across borders to be able to access new sources of creativity, instead of wanting to get on the bandwagon and join everybody else. I mean... originality is worth something too!

I hope I got my points across. And I hope people will at least come with some arguments why they agree or do not agree with me. Discussion is good :)