Psy Chill Sucks

Goa Bill

Thanks for the info.

So, when is the release date? :)

630188[/snapback]

Relase date is not decided yet, but we are planning everything these days. Hopefully, we will get it out in a couple of months... First on the schedule is the new album by Elysium, under the alias Wombat Music... A fantastic album with many different styles...

But, now we are definately far off topic, and this info doesn't deserve to be under a "psychill sucks" topic... :D

Now we can go back to the negative vibes again... :D

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well IMO... innovation is a factor, but not that important... I don't see the point in incorperating all sorts of elements from different genres..that's not what makes music good music. Good music is timeless.... and good music can be made with exactly the same techniques and sounds (except for too much chanting vocals etc.:P) used in psychill today.

Well IMO... innovation is a factor, but not that important... I don't see the point in incorperating all sorts of elements from different genres..

630397[/snapback]

Innovation doesn't have to be like that, perhaps innovation can also be using the elements that you already have and interpreting them differently.

Biosphere's music is magic :)

btw, I think that IDM is the present&future of innovation currently...

630367[/snapback]

I have heard some really nice IDM recently. It's a genre I've just got in to but I have already come across a lot of releases that have really not impressed me. Some of them have been dull & boring to me. Obviously not all IDM. I don't know how people can say that an entire genre sucks. This year I have heard great albums & crap albums from all different styles from minimal to full on!

& I was very impressed with PKS's 2 compilations :D

I like psychill, also like most of what PKS has released so far.

Some opinions here are quite simple minded, but they are not to be taken seriously, like most things written on this forum.

Kids are having fun in attacking whatever, whenever, whoever,...mostly boredom....... hope they do it better when they are grown up.

:lol::lol::lol:

You could say that about any genre.

631123[/snapback]

Yeah, and then you can just as well shut up and stop saying anything about anything.

Why is that every time someone is being critical there's lots of other people telling him to stop being negative? Imho it's very healthy to be critical. And no, criticism is not absolute and neither is this thread's title meant to be. I think. I mean: "psychill sucks" doesn't mean that all psychill sucks, but it is primarily meant to say what aspects of psychill suck. Sounds reasonable to me?

If you ask me, comments like the above don't add anything, are too generalistic to mean anything and spoil a good and healthy discussion.

Yeah, and then you can just as well shut up and stop saying anything about anything.

Why is that every time someone is being critical there's lots of other people telling him to stop being negative? Imho it's very healthy to be critical. And no, criticism is not absolute and neither is this thread's title meant to be. I think. I mean: "psychill sucks" doesn't mean that all psychill sucks, but it is primarily meant to say what aspects of psychill suck. Sounds reasonable to me?

If you ask me, comments like the above don't add anything, are too generalistic to mean anything and spoil a good and healthy discussion.

631131[/snapback]

Wow. What an eccentric performance.

First off, I didn't say people shouldn't criticise, indeed I promote criticism, I was only stating the fact that there are a glut or crappy tracks released in every genre.

It could also be argued you saying "Too much is too much.. does every half baked track need to be released." is as generalistic and crappy a post as mine.

It could also be argued you saying "Too much is too much.. does every half baked track need to be released." is as generalistic and crappy a post as mine.

631136[/snapback]

True, but I didn't say that... ;)

It was not towards you personally, but as a comment in general (hehe, ok, got me there) because it always goes back to that. You are right about the fact that it could be said about any genre, but the point was mainly that psychill didnt' seem to be evolving lately. Crappy tracks are released even when there is a lot of progression, so that doesn't say anything, IMO.

True, but I didn't say that... ;)

It was not towards you personally, but as a comment in general (hehe, ok, got me there) because it always goes back to that. You are right about the fact that it could be said about any genre, but the point was mainly that psychill didnt' seem to be evolving lately. Crappy tracks are released even when there is a lot of progression, so that doesn't say anything, IMO.

631143[/snapback]

:lol:

Yeah, sorry, I quoted the wrong person. :rolleyes:

Yeah it could be said about anything.. but why is it? .. is it only really about different taste and the half baked tracks sound totally genious to others (who are musically retarded :lol: jk..) or are they really half finished tracks made to expand the cd over 70 minutes

Yeah it could be said about anything.. but why is it? .. is it only really about different taste and the half baked tracks sound totally genious to others (who are musically retarded  :lol: jk..) or are they really half finished tracks made to expand the cd over 70 minutes

631157[/snapback]

"fillers"

631131[/snapback]

Oh my god you are so right, so right, so unbelievable right, yes you are right, I completely agree with you, you got it, you are the one, great thinking, wow wow wow,..........oh and I forgot it all sounds so so reasonable to ............ you

I hope I didn´t spoil a good and healthy discussion, now did I :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh my god you are so right, so right, so unbelievable right, yes you are right, I completely agree with you, you got it, you are the one, great thinking, wow wow wow,..........oh and I forgot it all sounds so so reasonable to ............ you

I hope I didn´t spoil a good and healthy discussion, now did I  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

632211[/snapback]

Hehe.... sounds good and healthy to me.

After i was exposed by some excellent IDM and Ambient by the likes ISAN, Trentemoller, Pete Namlook, Ulrich Schnauss and some more i have reached the conclusion that the current Chill releases from Psy labels are nothing but shite. And that excludes the likes of Twisted, Aleph Zero and Interchill that still have some sort of a quality control over their releases.

I know i am being too negative and all, but please, stop releasing psy trance with half the speed. It takes more than that.

628800[/snapback]

The slow goa-ish stuff is good IMO, i am talking about the second cds of the global psychedelic trance compilations, there the stuff was good but the typical psychill sucks bigtime IMO so i agree with you, it isn´t like that with twisted as you said above, they manage their stuff to sound like slow goa trance, many shpongle tracks and infinity project tracks have a very good atmosphere in them, old astral ambient was also great but all the chillout stuff sucks bigtime.

isn´t like that with twisted as you said above, they manage their stuff to sound like slow goa trance, many shpongle tracks and infinity project tracks have a very good atmosphere in them, old astral ambient was also great

632219[/snapback]

Actually I think most of the Astral ambient is what Pavel described, goa with half the speed - look at Astral's Trust in Trance album, then look at the last track Still Dreaming - it sounds like a crappy slowed down remake of People Can Fly, tacked onto the end of the album like an afterthought.

Am I the only person who actually prefers the slower People Can Fly (Still Dreaming) remix to the orginal full speed People Can Fly?

I prefer Astral Projection's epic remix of Dancing Galaxy to the original version too. :unsure:

Am I the only person who actually prefers the slower People Can Fly (Still Dreaming) remix to the orginal full speed People Can Fly?

I prefer Astral Projection's epic remix of Dancing Galaxy to the original version too.  :unsure:

632250[/snapback]

I just prefer the original version of People Can Fly, dunno what it is... I do agree that Dancing Galaxy 'epic remix' is better though.

I prefer Astral Projection's epic remix of Dancing Galaxy to the original version too.  :unsure:

632250[/snapback]

Then I guess you are not Astral Projection fan...

If you liked their ambient remixes, you should check their IRIDIUM - 12000 SUNS track, it is amazing cosmic ambience, released as single that easily beats both of those remixes... ;)