Really, really awesome tracks of the year 2006

traveller

Cyberbabas - Vine of Souls

From Various Artists : Raja Ram Presents The Evolution Of Expanded Conciousness

is my first pick.

This track has the quality and the spirit that can be found from the awesome Mysterty Of The Thirteen Crystal Skulls compilation! This track is pie! It's not a dancefloor monster but a mind teaser. So fucking much to it :wacko:

So yeah check it out if you haven't already! And name others..

Subgardens – Listen To The Flowers Grow (Aes Dana Remix) on Ultimae's Oxycanta compilation. Many great ambient tracks go unnoticed as they are always part of a greater journey. But I love this track, it's a standout track on a great compilation.

U-Recken - Plastic being full on then it doesn't get as much attention as it should. I very nice melodius track with a beautiful piano in it :)

All tracks from Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home are definately worth checking out but the really, really awesome tracks from the album are Stepping Forward, Ambiguity, An Angel Takes Flight, Chasing Raindrops & Warmth in Cold Places

I really think these have been overlooked by many.

Other awesome tracks that I've not seen anyone else talking about are

Hol Baumann - Bombay Radio

The last track on Fahrenheit Project 6, great vocal sample. Sounds familiar yet unknown. I like very much.

Western Rebel Alliance - Falling

The album on a whole was quite dissapointing but this track was a highlight. Very dark & haunting, the lyrics go well & add to the atmosphere.

Androcell - Atmos-Spheres

The best track on Efflorescence IMO. You do belong here with us among the clouds is a nice sample & distinctive melodies make me smile when they come on.

Kuba - Don't Panic

A nice relaxing number reminds me of beaches & sunsets :)

Hydraglyph has been my favorite new find of this year. The track they released on Event Horizon called "Cigarettes + Silver Bullets" has been in regular rotation here since I got it.

The Evolution Of Expanded Conciousness has definately been overlooked as well, included by myself as I got it with a mess of other cds and have only really sat down and spent some time with it recently.

This has been an odd year for me music-wise as most of the stuff I have listened to the most has been from new artists who are just now getting stuff released. Goa heads should look out for Japanese artist 01-N's album which should be out in December.

the goasia tracks on the "purple energy" compilation are pretty good, yeah, but i don´t know wheather they have been released this year, it is true goatrance, melodic and fits well to listen to it in Serbia, you know, Goasia is serbian artist and i can feel what feelings he wants to represent because because i am bulgarian and so i am from the "Balkan"

the goasia tracks on the "purple energy" compilation are pretty good, yeah, but i don´t know wheather they have been released this year, it is true goatrance, melodic and fits well to listen to it in Serbia, you know, Goasia is serbian artist and i can feel what feelings he wants to represent because because i am bulgarian and so i am from the "Balkan"

632861[/snapback]

They have been released this year. http://www.discogs.com/release/787532

Silicon Sound and Jaia present Even 11 - Oblivion

Pixel & Wrecked Machines - R.P.N.G.C. (Silicon Sound Remix)

Absolutely epic tunes - the definition of trance as I see it. Can't wait for the upcoming Silicon Sound album :)

Silicon Sound and Jaia present Even 11 - Oblivion

Pixel & Wrecked Machines - R.P.N.G.C. (Silicon Sound Remix)

Absolutely epic tunes - the definition of trance as I see it. Can't wait for the upcoming Silicon Sound album :)

633489[/snapback]

where? when? :)

_ - _ (0:00) - No album, No label

Than why are we tallg about tunes that involve Raja Ram?

634054[/snapback]

Because it's a good tune but everyone dismissed it because it involved Raja Ram. He doesn't destroy everything he looks at.

But but but he drives a Bently!!!

634540[/snapback]

Then he must die! :ph34r:

Never heard of a Bently driver that had any taste whatsoever!

Did you see the grandfather of psy CD cover. OMG Posted Image