Hallucinogen is Underrated

Icarus

I guess Simon is a little Mozart for us psytrance listeners... Not really underrated in this scene, but maybe underrated compared to other music styles... A guy with HUGE creativity, and this creativity compared with good production/equipment knowledge=many masterpieces...

This is where many artists go wrong I think... Either they have the production knowledge and no creativity, or they have a lot of creativity and no production knowledge... I guess Simon is one of the few who manage both very well...

Anyway, it's funny to see that 90% of the topics here is about this man... :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Simon is a little Mozart for us psytrance listeners... Not really underrated in this scene, but maybe underrated compared to other music styles... A guy with HUGE creativity, and this creativity compared with good production/equipment knowledge=many masterpieces...

This is where many artists go wrong I think... Either they have the production knowledge and no creativity, or they have a lot of creativity and no production knowledge... I guess Simon is one of the few who manage both very well...

630212[/snapback]

Simon is good, but he's not *that* good. For example right on the other side of the fence we have BT, who surpasses Simon slightly in creativity and by miles in production value, and makes a much wider spectrum of music.

"Simon" has 4 out of 5 letters in common with "Monica". And the "s", if split in two, could be a "c" and and "a".

Monis.

Simonica.

Are you people seeing a strange, freaky-ass connection here? :huh:

630149[/snapback]

there are aktually names like Simona, at least in bulgaria but Monica sounds better and indeet the names´re similar.

Simon is good, but he's not *that* good. For example right on the other side of the fence we have BT, who surpasses Simon slightly in creativity and by miles in production value, and makes a much wider spectrum of music.

630216[/snapback]

BT?WHO IS THAT?

630212[/snapback]

Underrated in the world of music in general but overrated in our little scene! :D

OD I'm still waiting for you definition of musically better..

Is something musically better because it's new to OD?

Is Nirvana musically better than Faith No More?

Is 2 kicks and a hi-hat musically better than 2 kicks and a snare?

Is 3 kicks and a hi-hat musically better than Trentemoller farting over 2 kicks and a hi-hat?

Definately not in any way. Speaking about an artist being overrated :P

Sorry for the off topic comment.

I personaly don't understand the Hallucinogen praising in the psy trance community. Apart from tracks like Solstice, Demention and Deranger I really can't get into this music as most people do. Am I missing out on something? For me, artists like Cosma, Prometheus and Khetzal sound a lot more atmospheric and even more mature, musical wise.

Still, I'm very curious what a third Hallucinogen album would be like. I love everything Postford did with Shpongle and the tracks I mentioned above, so a new Hallucinogen album with fresh influences and a up to date sound would be quite appreciated.

OD I'm still waiting for you definition of musically better..

Is 3 kicks and a hi-hat musically better than Trentemoller farting over 2 kicks and a hi-hat?

630454[/snapback]

Sorry, didnt get your 1st request.

No. Its got to do with production and overall quality.

They are both good, and their styles vary too much to really compare. I like them both.

Is 2 kicks in the balls better than 2 kicks in the head. Dont waste my time with stupid questions.

No. Recording ones fart over 2 kicks and hi-hat, takes more creative talent than just placing 2 kicks and a hi-hat in a sequencer.

Cant you work these things out for yourself?

Oh come on Radi, I'm not that scary.

630113[/snapback]

:lol:

Your opinioon is shit

630277[/snapback]

:lol:

I honest to God, hate his music.

It irritates me.

Simon can suck my balls. There is far better music out there.

630296[/snapback]

didnt you order him to suck em at twisted party :P?

No. Its got to do with production and overall quality.

Production is important yesh, but what is this overall quality you speak of?

No. Recording ones fart over 2 kicks and  hi-hat, takes more creative talent than just placing 2 kicks and a hi-hat in a sequencer.

If you ask me the farts completely ruined the experience. It takes more talent to understand the elegance and the beauty of 2 kicks and a hi-hat and know better than to ruin it with off key farts..

Oh and my questions are just about as stupid as your opinions :)

so you aren´t allowed to listen to Ott, too because he is Simon´s best friend.

631020[/snapback]

Were you born a retard? Or was it an injury later on in life that caused your obvious mental condition?

WTF does "being friends" with someone, have to do with their musical talents?

Were you born a retard? Or was it an injury later on in life that caused your obvious mental condition?

WTF does "being friends" with someone, have to do with their musical talents?

631021[/snapback]

I was joking but again you started to offend me, i don´t mind reporting you again and you probably will be banned if i report you again, what´s the reason for your stupid ractoins all the time? It was fine for a time but now you started again and i don´t mind report you, another comment like this and i will.

I was joking but again you started to offend me, i don´t mind reporting you again and you probably will be banned if i report you again, what´s the reason for your stupid ractoins all the time? It was fine for a time but now you started again and i don´t mind report you, another comment like this and i will.

631042[/snapback]

Suck my balls.

You know where the report button is.