Hallucinogen is Underrated

Icarus

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. NOTHING interesting the last 6-7 years..imo Hallu is pretty overrated.

(plus Astral projection) the 2 hoax of the scene.

628564[/snapback]

when comparing them to what Infected MUshroom have become,they are way better!!

At least they dont sing!

(I hope they dont :ph34r: )

Guest Rezwalker

when comparing them to what Infected MUshroom have become,they are way better!!

At least they dont sing!

(I hope they dont :ph34r: )

628570[/snapback]

OMG! ur so right...how can i miss that HORRIBLE project?!?

i totally agree with u..they have a HUGE promotion (maybe cause of their big badget) but damn..our ears can't be wrong. the psy-trance police must arrest them immediately.

I.M exists as serious project only for Gathering album

Astral for the period 1995-1998

hallucinogen 1995-2000

OMG! ur so right...how can i miss that HORRIBLE project?!?

i totally agree with u..they have a HUGE promotion (maybe cause of their big badget) but damn..our ears can't be wrong. the psy-trance police must arrest them  immediately.

I.M exists as serious project only for Gathering album

Astral for the period 1995-1998

hallucinogen 1995-2000

628579[/snapback]

exactly! I havent heard B.P Empire though.Or cliassical mushroom. seeing what they are releasing today turns me off.... ;)

lets see if hallucinogen will release another masterpiece like twisted.I hope so... Everybody else is gone! (from the old masters I mean)

I beg to differ.

http://www.twistedrecords.co.uk/shop/catal...ea17fe8e8f6a03b

But seeing as you've never even bought any of Twisted's catalogue you wouldn't know these things. That's the biggest insult to Simon.

628596[/snapback]

this is great, and they aren´t expensive at all, i must buy such T-shirt, must buy some for my friends and cousins for christmas, well at least some of them. I would like it if Moni would wear such a T-shirt, i would go cracy.

this is great, and they aren´t expensive at all, i must buy such T-shirt, must buy some for my friends and cousins for christmas, well at least some of them. I would like it if Moni would wear such a T-shirt, i would go cracy.

628609[/snapback]

youd go twisted :D

628609[/snapback]

I already have an Hallucinogen AND a Shpongle t-shirt. I'm a much bigger Simon fan than you are :P

Hallucinogen is SOOOOO 80's

628337[/snapback]

90's :P:D

Overrated!

I like twisted but it definately gets more kudos than it's worth.

628365[/snapback]

agreed

If i ever will see him, i will probably lose my consciousness

628528[/snapback]

:blink:

628609[/snapback]

:lol::D:blink::unsure:

:ph34r::huh::huh:

Well, my opinion on Hallucinogen & Shpongle:

Hallucinogen's first 2 albums are great, still a bit overhyped/overrated. There have been equally good or maybe even better albums and tracks in my opinion.

Shpongle's first album, Are you Shpongled? is nice. the 2nd is decent , the 3rd mediocre. There's much trippier/psychedelic and higher quality stuff in the chill/ambient/downtempo genres IMO.

I do credit Simon P for his contribution to the scene, also let's not forget his participation in several The Infinity Project tracks, but I think a lot of people are STUCK worshipping him and praising him TOO much.

Hallucinogen is rated just the way he deserves to be rated.

Just like any act.

There are lots of people who view his two first albums as timeless masterpieces.

If your personal taste happens to differ that's okay. But is there any valid reason to post things like "overrated"? Is it too hard to understand and respect people having different taste from yours?

What's your "overrated"-statement based on? It's based on arrogance, an idea your taste happens to be better from others. That you have a better sense of judging music.

You should learn to respect every artist, because they all bring happiness to some people's lives.

What's your "overrated"-statement based on? It's based on arrogance, an idea your taste happens to be better from others. That you have a better sense of judging music.

You should learn to respect every artist, because they all bring happiness to some people's lives.

628961[/snapback]

So isn't that 'underrated' statement based on arrogance??

And anyways I don't see it that way, of course my taste isn't better than others, but I explained in my previous post, that although I find his albums great, I still find them overrated. I don't see the arrogance here, and of course I show respect to artists. Calling something underrated or overrated doesn't mean you don't respect the artist for what it brings.

So isn't that 'underrated' statement based on arrogance??

And anyways I don't see it that way, of course my taste isn't better than others, but I explained in my previous post, that although I find his albums great, I still find them overrated. I don't see the arrogance here, and of course I show respect to artists. Calling something underrated or overrated doesn't mean you don't respect the artist for what it brings.

628979[/snapback]

"overrated" and "underrated" are both irrational statements which are based on one's inflated ego. One fails to grasp the idea you can't put objective terms to which music is good.

I took "overrated" as an example because it's more negative in it's meaning. ("underrated" at least tries to promote some music to a wider audience, ie. it has a positive meaning)

having negative discussion about music is a waste of time.

Hallucinogen is rated just the way he deserves to be rated.

Just like any act.

There are lots of people who view his two first albums as timeless masterpieces.

If your personal taste happens to differ that's okay. But is there any valid reason to post things like "overrated"? Is it too hard to understand and respect people having different taste from yours?

628961[/snapback]

did you happen to bitch about fullon bassline in cosmosis thread or smthn :D?

it is aktually underrated, i can´t understand the people who talk bad about this album, they have to listen more carefully to this album.

628514[/snapback]

I've had the album for more than ten years & while it is a very good album it is not timeless.

How much I liked it has changed over the years (down). I still like it but I have been much more chained to the early order odonata's, early flying rhino's than twisted.

Simon i can´t tell you how much i adore you, man, if i will have the money i wilbuy every single album and ep from you 5 times or more.

628514[/snapback]

Radi, your adoration alone is enough for people to call him overrated. He is just a man with a bad haircut!

"overrated" and "underrated" are both irrational statements which are based on one's inflated ego. One fails to grasp the idea you can't put objective terms to which music is good.

I took "overrated" as an example because it's more negative in it's meaning. ("underrated" at least tries to promote some music to a wider audience, ie. it has a positive meaning)

having negative discussion about music is a waste of time.

628996[/snapback]

I agree completely mate, especially about subjectivity of music. Just stating out that in my subjective perception of music Hallucinogen's first 2 albums are GREAT but still a lot of people (radi is one of them) get STUCK with the hype around them with no reason while there's other psy/goa of similar level around. :)

I agree completely mate, especially about subjectivity of music. Just stating out that in my subjective perception of music Hallucinogen's first 2 albums are GREAT but still a lot of people (radi is one of them) get STUCK with the hype around them with no reason while there's other psy/goa of similar level around. :)

629256[/snapback]

you are talking about the albums,tracks, he was a coproducer of

[simon P] is a human being, and unlike Radi i'll probably won't wet my pants if i ever see him. Well i actually did see him and i didn't cream my pants. Can't say the same after i met Colin OOOD though  :ph34r:

628518[/snapback]

If i ever will see him, i will probably lose my consciousness

628528[/snapback]

Oh come on Radi, I'm not that scary.

it is aktually underrated, i can´t understand the people who talk bad about this album, they have to listen more carefully to this album, i can´t understnad how this timeless art can be overrated, this is (with other simon posford stuf) the most psychedelic and driven album, tell me which other album has such synthlines with the flangers that you think they came from behind you from another dimension, tell me which album has such a amacing way of choping the synths AND voices like this album, tell me another album with such a percussion, with such cracy SH101 lines, with melodies that sound so summoning, they sound like they want to tell you something, they are the most driven ones i have ver heard, (also the old Astral Projection ones and the ones of blue planet corp and some mfg) and tell me which tracks have a so unbelievable atmosphere, the tracks let you forget about everything else, if you listen to them your whole life is different, they put you in a different world, man if you tell me antoher album that is as good and has the points mentioned, then you can diss this album, i don´t know how this very poor Simon can be dissed, he mate the lives of so much of us so much better.

Hallucinogen is not just music, it is a way of live, look you can´t buy hallucinogen T-shirts and there isn´t a hallucinogen hairstyle but if you listened enough times to hallucinogen you become a different (IMO better) person. Simon i can´t tell you how much i adore you, man, if i will have the money i wilbuy every single album and ep from you 5 times or more.

628514[/snapback]

Hmm I doubt you have a so indepth knowledge of the sound characteristics of different synths that you can aktully tell when it's a SH-101 (and not)

(btw I have a SH-101 myself so think carefully before you answer, Radi B) )