Hallucinogen is Underrated

Icarus

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with both statements, he is both underrated and overrated...coz there are 2 groups of people that enjoy / dislike the poor guy. I am with pavel and traveller ( worship ) but not talking about him all the time.

it is aktually underrated, i canĀ“t understand the people who talk bad about this album, they have to listen more carefully to this album, i canĀ“t understnad how this timeless art can be overrated, this is (with other simon posford stuf) the most psychedelic and driven album, tell me which other album has such synthlines with the flangers that you think they came from behind you from another dimension, tell me which album has such a amacing way of choping the synths AND voices like this album, tell me another album with such a percussion, with such cracy SH101 lines, with melodies that sound so summoning, they sound like they want to tell you something, they are the most driven ones i have ver heard, (also the old Astral Projection ones and the ones of blue planet corp and some mfg) and tell me which tracks have a so unbelievable atmosphere, the tracks let you forget about everything else, if you listen to them your whole life is different, they put you in a different world, man if you tell me antoher album that is as good and has the points mentioned, then you can diss this album, i donĀ“t know how this very poor Simon can be dissed, he mate the lives of so much of us so much better.

Ā 

Hallucinogen is not just music, it is a way of live, look you canĀ“t buy hallucinogen T-shirts and there isnĀ“t a hallucinogen hairstyle but if you listened enough times to hallucinogen you become a different (IMO better) person. Simon i canĀ“t tell you how much i adore you, man, if i will have the money i wilbuy every single album and ep from you 5 times or more.

I agree with both statements, he is both underrated and overrated...coz there are 2 groups of people that enjoy / dislike the poor guy. I am with pavel and traveller ( worship ) but not talking about him all the time.

628485[/snapback]

Yup, in one hand those Hallucinogen, TIP and Shpongle albums were highly responsible for many trends in this scene and they have set such high standards that unfortunatelly being reached by very few artists in the scene.

In the other hand, Simon is a human being, judging by the samples he uses and the names that he gives to tracks i presume he's quite intelligent and has a sense of humour. But he is a human being, and unlike Radi i'll probably won't wet my pants if i ever see him. Well i actually did see him and i didn't cream my pants. Can't say the same after i met Colin OOOD though :ph34r:

Yup, in one hand those Hallucinogen, TIP and Shpongle albums were highly responsible for many trends in this scene and they have set such high standards that unfortunatelly being reached by very few artists in the scene.

In the other hand, Simon is a human being, judging by the samples he uses and the names that he gives to tracks i presume he's quite intelligent and has a sense of humour. But he is a human being, and unlike Radi i'll probably won't wet my pants if i ever see him. Well i actually did see him and i didn't cream my pants. Can't say the same after i met Colin OOOD thoughĀ  :ph34r:

628518[/snapback]

If i ever will see him, i will probably lose my consciousness

it is aktually underrated, i canĀ“t understand the people who talk bad about this album, they have to listen more carefully to this album, i canĀ“t understnad how this timeless art can be overrated, this is (with other simon posford stuf) the most psychedelic and driven album, tell me which other album has such synthlines with the flangers that you think they came from behind you from another dimension, tell me which album has such a amacing way of choping the synths AND voices like this album, tell me another album with such a percussion, with such cracy SH101 lines, with melodies that sound so summoning, they sound like they want to tell you something, they are the most driven ones i have ver heard, (also the old Astral Projection ones and the ones of blue planet corp and some mfg) and tell me which tracks have a so unbelievable atmosphere, the tracks let you forget about everything else, if you listen to them your whole life is different, they put you in a different world, man if you tell me antoher album that is as good and has the points mentioned, then you can diss this album, i donĀ“t know how this very poor Simon can be dissed, he mate the lives of so much of us so much better.

Ā 

Hallucinogen is not just music, it is a way of live, look you canĀ“t buy hallucinogen T-shirts and there isnĀ“t a hallucinogen hairstyle but if you listened enough times to hallucinogen you become a different (IMO better) person. Simon i canĀ“t tell you how much i adore you, man, if i will have the money i wilbuy every single album and ep from you 5 times or more.

628514[/snapback]

it must be something in the water.... can you ship me a bottle?(BIG bottle) :)

628514[/snapback]

:lol: hilarious!! you're really obsessed, aren't you? It really is beyond me how music can make you a better person but I won't burst your bubble. :)

Guest Rezwalker

Sorry its overratedĀ  :(

628332[/snapback]

agreed. NOTHING interesting the last 6-7 years..imo Hallu is pretty overrated.

(plus Astral projection) the 2 hoax of the scene.