Posford rated 68th best DJ in the world

Charlie

Except the fact that many people on this list are not djs,or at least perform as djs very rarely so i doubt so many people have heared them doing that so that they voted them into the 100 best djs in the world, its easy to notice that this list has been heavily spammed on purpose by the artists themselves and their friends and even more ofcourse by the managers of the artists whose job is to promote their people the best they can.

For those unfamilliar with the voting system in this poll i can only say to you that i know a manager who has hired at least one person whose job for the last two months was to create various mail accounts and visit various internet cafes in order to vote two specific artists who are featured in this list for the last two years.I guess many other managers follow this tactic because spending couple of thousand of euros for getting into this list bring back much more than any other kind of promotion.

And by the way who the fuck is DJ Offer Nissim who is among the best 25 djs in the world???

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the fact that many people on this list are not djs,or at least perform as djs very rarely so i doubt so many people have heared them doing that so that they voted them into the 100 best djs in the world, its easy to notice that this list has been heavily spammed on purpose by the artists themselves and their friends and even more ofcourse by the managers of the artists whose job is to promote their people the best they can.

For those unfamilliar with the voting system in this poll i can only say to you that i know a manager who has hired at least one person whose job for the last two months was to create various mail accounts and visit various internet cafes in order to vote two specific artists who are featured in this list for the last two years.I guess many other managers follow this tactic because spending couple of thousand of euros for getting into this list bring back much more than any other kind of promotion.

And by the way who the fuck is DJ Offer Nissim who is among the best 25 djs in the world???

627897[/snapback]

Yeah, thats another reason why this list is'nt worth shit, I also got a mail from twisted around a month ago asking me to vote...

:huh:

with a proper program i can make a very good set, i can´t perform live but i would sure be able to make a good DJ set and it isn´t anything artistic

627883[/snapback]

no, yes, no and yes

Radi grow up.

627897[/snapback]

Hehe. I know who are you talking about :lol:

627897[/snapback]

Offer Nissim is an Israeli Dj and a producer that worked with Dana International and currently produces ultra dull Gay House music.

Indeed he is. I'm gonna go through both

Posted Image

http://www.discogs.com/release/62949

and

Posted Image

http://www.discogs.com/release/31700

today.

Thanks to Radi for bringing up his name.

627695[/snapback]

Awesome albums. I discovered Union Jack through the 1st one.

I've seen Carl Cox play live and it was fantastic! Never seen Simon play live but I heard his set at the DNA lounge on MP3. Great music but average - good mixing skills I thought but what do I know? I'm a crap DJ :P

with a proper program i can make a very good set,

627883[/snapback]

I´m sure you can, only with a program you aren´t actually doing anything. The problem here with these "djaying is not a skill" etc... comments is the psy/goa "dj culture" which is nonexistant, sure today`s psy dj`s are technically all right, but the crossfadind jukeboxes of the dat era are still fresh in people`s minds.

It comes down to personal preference whether a Hallucinogen "live" or a "Carol" Cox dj set sounds better but the skill in the "live set" is only evident in the songs themselves since there is little to no skill involved in playing music in such a way when compared to a dj doing it on the fly.

*edit* And I`d say that 68th position is pretty high condisering what kind of a publication dj magazine is, it`s 98% "mainstream" house, techno and dnb.

for me djing isn´t a true skill

627771[/snapback]

So someone who has never been a club / party / festival in his life, and never actually seen how "skillful" dj'ing can be, I dont think you deserve an opinion on it.

Ive seen some truely well skilled DJ's. You havnt seen anything, clearly.

So someone who has never been a club / party / festival in his life, and never actually seen how "skillful" dj'ing can be, I dont think you deserve an opinion on it.

Ive seen some truely well skilled DJ's. You havnt seen anything, clearly.

628182[/snapback]

djing is playing other artists music who afforted to do the music and the DJ just mix it, nothing more!!! There are people who like more to listen to DJ than to artists and this is very dump.

djing is playing other artists music who afforted to do the music and the DJ just mix it, nothing more!!! There are people who like more to listen to DJ than to artists and this is very dump.

628195[/snapback]

Id love to hear you mix man. Really I would. Mixing is difficult. Even the best fuck up every now and again. To say that "Dj'ing is not a skill" is one of the most retarded things Ive ever had the misfortune of hearing on this forum.

For you to say that, you clearly have less than zero understandings of how to DJ or what it even is.

Id love to hear you mix man. Really I would. Mixing is difficult. Even the best fuck up every now and again. To say that "Dj'ing is not a skill" is one of the most retarded things Ive ever had the misfortune of hearing on this forum.

For you to say that, you clearly have less than zero understandings of how to DJ or what it even is.

628197[/snapback]

hey man i don´t want to fight against you because i like that we have a good friendship now so i am sorry if i am saying anything against you. Okay, i´ll mix some good goa set these days and you will hear that i understand what´s djing, well not really but that doesnt matter, it just matters that i know how a set sounds.

if it's all that easy why are there so many crappy dj's out there ?

cuz most partyppl don't even recognise a good dj from a bad one .... let alone that they will ever understand that it takes a lot of skills and concentration !!! to play a perfect set ....

other funny thing : most artists are crappy dj's !!!

it's really not that easy trust me ....

hey man i don´t want to fight against you because i like that we have a good friendship now so i am sorry if i am saying anything against you. Okay, i´ll mix some good goa set these days and you will hear that i understand what´s djing, well not really but that doesnt matter, it just matters that i know how a set sounds.

628204[/snapback]

Dj'ing also incorporates "scratching" which is very difficult to do. Its not just crossfading one track into another, and its not just beat matching. There is the creative manner in which the DJ chooses to flow from one track into the next. It indeed does take skill.

Dj'ing also incorporates "scratching" which is very difficult to do. Its not just crossfading one track into another, and its not just beat matching. There is the creative manner in which the DJ chooses to flow from one track into the next. It indeed does take skill.

628215[/snapback]

OMG, i find that scratshes sound very awful and would never use them for a set, i have never heard a psychedelic set with scratching, i have heard sets with scratching which weren´t psychedelic trance but the scratshing sounded awful, it may need skills but if it sounds bad why do you have to learn it, this is just my opinion

OMG, i find that scratshes sound very awful and would never use them for a set, i have never heard a psychedelic set with scratching, i have heard sets with scratching which weren´t psychedelic trance but the scratshing sounded awful, it may need skills but if it sounds bad why do you have to learn it, this is just my opinion

628217[/snapback]

no comment :ph34r:

628217[/snapback]

yeah, you obviously heard someone who was really aweful at scratching.

other funny thing : most artists are crappy dj's !!!

it's really not that easy trust me ....

628213[/snapback]

What he said. Too bad there are so many "djs" within the psy-genre that have the skills of a gapless plugin for winamp.

628217[/snapback]

I'm with radi (surprise surprise :D ). I can't stand 'scratching', it sounds crappy to my ears, and thankfully haven't heard it used in any psy tracks.

You know, honestly and truely I'd prefer if Posford wouldn't be in that DJ toplist at all. Not because I don't like him but because I like him! Seriously ... it's mostly commercial trance, eurodance and technoheads voting - what do they have to do with psytrance? Nothing! And thus psy DJs should be left out of that list and we should make our own where the DJs really get the place they deserve.

Electronic music is based upon artists who use electronic instruments.

DJs are only important for playing dance music.

Anyway, it would be pretty cool to be a DJ, but I could never play too much of the same stuff for hours..... I wouldn't pay attention to genres and just try to mix all sorts of different stuff. :D

627787[/snapback]

hehehe, dude, try becoming a chillout dj... ;)