what genre your selected track represents?

Oopie

np

Another from that album

11 vs Symphonics - Space Criminal

It's the perfect remix of Michael Jackson's - Smooth Criminal

In the same style as the rest of the album but with the melody to smooth criminal in the melody & baseline & loads of wacko Jacko noises :ph34r:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Photosynthesis

Fantastically beautiful downbeat Joy! Smooth and wonderous. For me it is sooo psychedelic & makes me lose myself in the music! what about the forests? is a vice cool vocal sample repeated through the track. Just a shame it's only 5 and a half minutes

Abakus - California Sunshine

Beautiful summer downbeat by abakus, nice floaty melodies & vocals. Acoustic guitar laid down nicely! Really makes me feel warm & missing the summer. The whole albums great mind. Love it :wub:

"Bohren & der Club of Gore - Maximum Black" off their album "Black Earth"

Normally I can't stand jazz, but this is so different from any jazz I ever heard, the whole album is. Anyone looking for dark and sluggish music should give this a listen. Perfect stuff for middle of the night sessions. :blink:

Front Line Assembly - Mental Distortion

I chose this one because it's one of their best tracks IMO (and because it's currently playing - I'm listening to the Monument album thing right now). Aggressive, fast, distorted yet rhytmic and with a lot of progression and good synths and electronics - industrial EBM at its best for me :)

Here's one I got recently: "Camanecroszcope - Echoes Ov A Beckoning Arcanum". The album contains mostly darkambient except for the seventh track "From The Gulf And Into Existence" which left me all speechless. The last track that sent such shivers down my spine was "The Delta - Def by delta part II". I could imagine myself going berserk to this on a dancefloor in the woods, it will surely hypnotize you to hell and back. ... I mean fuck, after this track even the Delta's music sounds like a lullaby. I would label it tribal industrial...

Just to keep the balance, a beautiful morning track with a wonderful melody: "Shakatura - All hallows morning", guaranteed to cheer you up, works for me every time. :)

yes, great album!! btw what about Flint Glasses first album "Hierakonpolis", is it as good as the "Nyarlathotep" album? Have you heard it yet?

Both albums are great..

Hierakonpolis is at the same style as Nyarlathotep, personally I think Nyarlathotep is a bit better & better produced but for sure if you liked Nyarlathotep you should check Hierakonpolis as well.. (& vice versa.. )

galaxy 2 galaxy - hi-tech jazz (live version)

the live version has the original's (1993) acid line turned into sublime piano riff. this track has everything you could hope for, electronic music with soul! detroit techno meets jazz and the results are <3<3<3

I couldn't recommend this track more. perfection. :)

Ulrich Schnauss - ...Passing By

Don't what specific genre this would be pigeonholed in but it was recommended to me in an IDM thread! It's chilled, melancholic & trippy so it works for me. The track has a really nice structure, good simple layers and a lot of feeling for electronic chillout! Me likes!!

Principles of Flight - Battle of the Great Oak

Dark? Fullon?

Well it sounds like a dark, extreme fairy tale. Very fullon, fantasticly dark atmospheres. Dark in a classical opera kind of way not your gay devil worship crappy way! The whole album has similar atmosphere, great concept & I'm really loving it (as if you couldn't guess). Great sounds used, nice beats, baseline fits well. All in all. ACE!!

• 4 weeks later...

Process - Mono Klang

This whole album "One Drop Or Two?" is best from progres(or how to call it) I've heard so far. It's genius, wizardry, playful, fresh and catchy. I'm spinning it for two straight days with no sight of repetitiveness, It allows u deep thinking, imagination but critical boundiers are presented. It's an artificial celebration, will be very hard to beat.

Abakus - That Much Closer to the Sun

What kind of music is it? It's the chilled out essence of summer compressed into CD form! Abakus managed to take the beach, the sea, girls in bikinis, bbqs, driving with the top down, early morning dew, late evening walks through the park, sitting outside the pub all all those summer activities & put them into music

:wub:

• 6 months later...

Eat Static - Prepare your Spirit

I'm sure everyone knows the style but it's sci-fi music! Really conjures up images of alien worlds, spaceships of the imagination, dark subtle undertones of x-file-ness :D

Fantastic stuff :ph34r:

listening thu... Ololiuqui's Ololiuqui, the deput album.

I've gone thru this album more times my math skills allow me to count! It's great example of the daring line Spirit Zone had in the days; psychedelic techno with such tongue in cheek groove you gotta get moving, if not, get one ov those things in ye ear that allow you to HEAR. :)

Right now it's the track Swampin. Rocking at 145 beats, it really can do some damage on the dancefloor, even now. Some stuff never fails.

thx Ololiuqui <3

hear em if you didn't already ;-)

MOC - Bloomsday

Spacey, ambient.

It's a databloem comp (collection 3) a record label I've really been getting into recently. Nice experimental ambient that is obviously not out to please the masses so ends up pleasing me immensely.

• 9 months later...

Shame this thread died, it could be like a mini review thread

np

Posted Image

This album is like ambient Jazz. At times it can be grating and annoying but in the right mood it's like background music in some seedy alien club with 4D sofas and multidimensional decadence :drama:

Count Basic - Speechless, mixed by Kruder and Dorfmeister from the album K&D sessions.

Genre: Some kind of DnB\Jazz\Lounge\Electronic fuse?

The K&D Sessions is a double album consisting of many genres of music, remixed in Kruder and Dorfmeister's unique style. Speechless is originally a Jazz track, given a slow (by today's standards) drum and bass beat and an eerie slow repeating twang of a string instrument. This combined with sporadic use of the original lustful vocals gives an almost trip hop feel to the track.

Highly recommend the whole album, plenty of great tracks.

• 2 months later...

is this some sort of disagreement against my topic?

man, it's totally cool if you just want to post "artist - track" on the other topic. do that.

I just wanted to create an alternative for them who feel like having more music discussion.

Nice idea about this topic.. Gives a better insight about the music you listen to... I don't know 8 out of 10 tracks posted in the other topic, so here i can better tell if it's something for me :)

EDIT: :lol: Just realized this is a mammoth thread... Anyways, it deserves to be going again! People are just to lazy to wright here, so they quick post a name in the other topic... Shame on you people!!! :P