what genre your selected track represents?

Oopie

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm listening to

Raja Ram's Evolution of Expanded Consciousness.

I'm sure everyone wrote this off as being usual TIP bollocks but this is definately the best stuff I've heard from TIP since the Crystal Skulls.

It's not as good as those comps but it's definately worth checking out if you liked them.

for something similar but even better IMO: Pete Namlook & Dr. Atmo - Silence 1 - Trip

629849[/snapback]

Cool. I'll check it out.

np

Oliver Jones - Picking up the Pieces

This is a nice chilled release that I think seems to have passed everyone by. It's knida housey & jazzy at times. It has some nice melodies in there & some psychedelia too. A lot of it is quite subtle & it has sounded different each time I've listened to it. Not a monumental masterpiece but a nice solid release.

Check out Benchmark Modesty, the best track on the album for me :D

lamb - gorecki (global communication rmx)

to be honest haven't heard the original. but this global communication cut really works! there's this repetitive cool melody throughout the track and beautiful female vocals. this track has the usual dnb elements, but it somehow leans more to triphop territory perhaps.

it's hard to make repetitive melodies sound cool, but global communication pulled another ace from their sleeves! :)

629601[/snapback]

check the original.

It's different, but great in it's own way.

Klaus Schulze (& Ashra) - Return Of The Tempel

I've been listening to this long track a lot lately. It's the masters at work...

Has to be some of the best post-70s Schulze stuff (and completely different from his synth classics). They create a tension and keep holding on to it for very long (as usual)... lots of details and subtle changes...very nice guitar.

They are not virtuosos and it is not really complex melody-wise, but it is superbly excecuted, spontanious electronic music... just honest music.

This is stuff you have to listen to over and over again to appreciate. I myself can't sit still when listening... but it's probably acquired taste. :)

I've uploaded a fragment here to give you an idea:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UGK23O8B

The Infinity Project - The Answer

Psychedelic Ambient

Possibly the finest track ever made. 10 minutes of pure bliss! So deep, so layered, so spacey & the sample just drifts me off into the outer reaches of the solar system.

The whole album, Mystical Experiences is bloody amazing but this track takes the gold prize. AMAZING!! Totally. If you haven't heard it (WTF?) check it out right now!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Elysium - Interpertation of Dreams

Like the rest of the album Monzoon this track for me sums up the style of psytrance popular around 1996. It sounds very much like Dragonfly Records did in this period (That is a very good thing BTW) It's very psychedelic, not too fast or climactic but steady & journey like!

I was just listening to Mood Deluxe - Tangent Universe

I don't know quite what genre to put it in but it's kinda breakbeat but heavier. It's very psychedelic mind you & upbeat but relaxing at the same time. Anyway it was very good & I'm sure I'll listen to that more. I bought it after seeing it the what are you listening to thread & got curious. Glad I spent the money :)

Sick of it all - consume

Electronic music and especially goa have been major part of my life for year uncounted. However parallel to that I have always had a love for punk and hardcore. Goa represents in a way the "good" aspects of me but as any other person I have another side thats more agressive, that where the hardcore comes in.

Sometimes I just get the urge to scream at the world from the top of my lungs, and since Im feeling like this right now sick of it all fits my frame of mind my beautifully.

Consume is in my book one of their best tracks ever, the energy is incredible.

Peace

Chilling Matenda - Reality Escape

Smooth downtempo. Nothing in your face OMG PCG but very nice relaxing music to drift off to. Sounds to me like down tempo progressive psy. Lots of layers and lots happening in the track but not obvious, subtle & beautiful. I'm going to enjoy this in years to come.

Digital Talk - Far Side

Fullon

A nice dark piece of fullon from timecode. It's tight and cool & the rolling baseline, while quite prominent still manages to fit the track very well & drives it rather than making it sound shit. Lots of psychedelic noises in the background. I like this sort of fullon because it reminds me of good minimal/progressive with it's layers. Obviously it's faster but for me it's something that really needs concentration to fully appreciate.

Behind Blue Eyes-As Sugar Dissolves (Iboga)

Progressive psychedelic

This is my best example of groovy, deep progressive. At times the sounds remind me of darkpsy sounds, though subdued and minimal. I get tired of prog that moves so far away from the rest of psytrance that its not really psychedelic anymore. BBE sure know how to keep it trippy as hell, without resorting to full-powered mayhem. Reminds me of Osiris Indriya's set at Symbiosis (hes a label rep for Iboga, so, yeah...). Nice stuff to dance lazily in the midday.

• 2 weeks later...

Chip E. - If you only knew

Housey excellento mucho! I can so feel the wicked 80s spirit listening to this golden house tune. The male vocals are unbelievably well executed and lift this otherwise atmospheric track to the next level. Hear this funky tune and get your groove going aight!? :)

Blue Planet Corporation - Cyclothmic

So soft and smooth. It's like listening to silk as is the whole mix by Cass on Re:evolution. So dreamy & psychedelic but no harsh acid sounds (which I actually like) but just so nice :)

r-tyme - r-theme

check this overwhelming piece of early techno out! :) The synths sound sublime, and the melodies are just mind-melting. <3 has techno ever sounded this good?

you get lost in this track and want to listen to it repeatedly... try it out if you won't believe :)

edit: did I mention it's from '89? wikked.

Kaya Project - One God Dub

Fantastic ethnic sounding dubby track. Lovely vocals, cool instruments (tabla?) really entrancing sound. Love the beats throughout & the melody is hypnotic.

Elixir is a damn good album all round but this track is the best on it IMO. Repeats Track :D

spike jones- hawaiian war chant

not all spike jones stuff is brilliant.. but some of it is just sooo funny. its like listening to a disney soundtrack made for people tripping in a chillout. played some of it @ fullmoon festival last summer and everybody was looking like: WTF!

:P:P:P:P

Carl Craig - A Wonderful Life (epic rmx)

Beautiful Carl Craig production! the master of techno turns down the tempo. Lush strings construct ethereal melody that sounds melancholic, yet so beautiful. :)

I advice all you chill out friends take a listen!

Guest The Journey Man Project

Tegma - "50,000 Watts" on V.A - "Lime Light 2"

this track is funky, deep and has a nice trance vibe that might not be psychedellic, but it creats a happy vibe. This tracks is groovy funky progressive trance/house and I have found it can the dancefloor moving whether the crowd is into more pop/club music or techno/electronic... this style seems to have even infected a lot of pop groups including Sneaky Sound System http://www.discogs.com/artist/Sneaky+Sound+System (from Australia?) who make some nice pop style club music... this music is I like because it really bridges the gap between popular music and undergroun dance music, and it gets the girls on the dancefloor which shoudl make most DJ's and punters smile ;) this is by far my fav Tribal Vision compilation and will get many spins down here in the Australian Capital Territiory this summer B)

Future Sonic - Black Sky

This is some wicked Japanese trance. It's hard, it's fast it's packed full of energy & the fullon baseline really sounds good as part of the track, it's not too dominatnt. Excellent sounds used. Great synths & melodies, a top draw track.

The whole album FAR EAST TECHNOLOGY is good. Check it out peeps