what genre your selected track represents?

Oopie

I've decided to create an alternative topic to "what music are you listening to right now".

Here you do more than spam the topic with tracks you like.

You tell what stuff it is (the genre) you listen and why is it worth mentioning!

This way others get informed in a better way about different styles of music etc.

This is also a topic for music chat in general.

to start the topic:

Alexander Kowalski - Lightning Field

this is taken from the 3rd album of A. Kowalski named "|response|". It's something between techno and tech house. Absolutely juicy stuff, the bassline is real ear-pleaser and the melodies have a nice groovy disco-feel to them. :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Led Zeppelin - Going To California

From their album IV from 1971. This track is a little lighter than the overall feeling on this album. Everyone for sure knows what genre this is :) (or at least should know). Why am I listening to this? Because it is really good music and I like it. And because I just don't feel like listening to psytrance, or any other electronic music.

helo! my name reger, my listen to foolon, iz name comic exprience with elektrik from universe, baseline is very like.

teh treck name iz jorney into subconshisnis.

why this a trek? i put foolon to pley todai, i listen to ElectrickSpeisFenomena by spies treib end elektrik from universe, i liek some treks their too, i listen many foolon recentley, i liek some of its. cosmic expiriens iz veiry nais foolon, i like, not now many foolon to this day, but i liek its. recoment!!!1

edit: excepts that trek withs gitarrs on ElektrickSpeisFenomena, i dont liek its very many. but gitarrz trek on Cosmic Expiriens i liek ok, its not a bed, gaijinrocker [i cope plus paste its neim, sory my bed enlish].

Edited by reger

helo! my name reger, my listen to foolon, iz name comic exprience with elektrik from universe, baseline is very like.

teh treck name iz jorney into subconshisnis.

why this a trek? i put foolon to pley todai, i listen to ElectrickSpeisFenomena by spies treib end elektrik from universe, i liek some treks their too, i listen many foolon recentley, i liek some of its. cosmic expiriens iz veiry nais foolon, i like, not now many foolon to this day, but i liek its. recoment!!!1

edit: excepts that trek withs gitarrs on ElektrickSpeisFenomena, i dont liek its very many. but gitarrz trek on Cosmic Expiriens i liek ok, its not a bed, gaijinrocker [i cope plus paste its neim, sory my bed enlish].

625088[/snapback]

is this some sort of disagreement against my topic?

man, it's totally cool if you just want to post "artist - track" on the other topic. do that.

I just wanted to create an alternative for them who feel like having more music discussion.

Mittelstandskinder Ohne Strom - The Wave Inside

Superb goa trance track, so dreamy, floating deep and melodic, somehow progressive but also ultra melodic... Well, I haven't slept since saturdaymorning and when you are "natural stoned" this type of deep goa trance goes straight to your soul, and it gives you energy as well :)

is this some sort of disagreement against my topic?

man, it's totally cool if you just want to post "artist - track" on the other topic. do that.

I just wanted to create an alternative for them who feel like having more music discussion.

625104[/snapback]

well, didnt i say about what i listen to more than just "artist -track"? the way one does it doesnt matter.

electric universe - you decide

i like this track because its pretty fast and "full on", sounds used and effects applied are in my opinion just really good, pitty this track is only 5:34 long, but it defines what good full on sounds like, in my opinion. go and listen to electric universe - cosmic exprience, one of his best works, together with oldschool "stardiver" album, you can hear something from stardiver in this track and album aswell, listen to "luna overdrive" on stardiver, youll see what im talking about and i what i like so much about this [cosmic experience] album.

I've decided to create an alternative topic to "what music are you listening to right now".

Here you do more than spam the topic with tracks you like.

You tell what stuff it is (the genre) you listen and why is it worth mentioning!

This way others get informed in a better way about different styles of music etc.

This is also a topic for music chat in general.

to start the topic:

Alexander Kowalski - Lightning Field

this is taken from the 3rd album of A. Kowalski named "|response|". It's something between techno and tech house. Absolutely juicy stuff, the bassline is real ear-pleaser and the melodies have a nice groovy disco-feel to them. :)

625081[/snapback]

Oppie better don´t even try it, havn´t you noticed that almost all people here are too lazy to talk, all affords to start a discussion are useless because they wouldn´t discuss even on the interesting topics they could imagine, i don´t know why here isn´t any discussion about trance and music in general AT ALL, the name of the stie is very easy so i am really wondering why there aren´t new people here but always the same people who don´t want to discuss at all. I can tell you, you won´t have sucsess with discussions here, i will try to go to twisted forum, i hope there will be mroe discussion than here.

Air - Ce Matin Là

I love this short track. It's the perfect happy track.. it's sort of childishly happy, like when you were completely unknowning and without worries.

This music is so perfectly put together. The cool melodies will make you smile. :)

Oppie better don´t even try it, havn´t you noticed that almost all people here are too lazy to talk, all affords to start a discussion are useless because they wouldn´t discuss even on the interesting topics they could imagine, i don´t know why here isn´t any discussion about trance and music in general AT ALL, the name of the stie is very easy so i am really wondering why there aren´t new people here but always the same people who don´t want to discuss at all. I can tell you, you won´t have sucsess with discussions here, i will try to go to twisted forum, i hope there will be mroe discussion than here.

625147[/snapback]

I'm sure now, when I've given the proper instructions how to participate in this topic, people will talk more! :)

right now...

Chi-Ad - Liquid Neon Sky

Absolute cream de la cream of goa. Chi-Ad's best work in my ears, and saying that is a lot! Always evolving sensitive melodies make any crowd move, I'll bet on that. One of the reasons I'm looking forward organising my next goa partee... :)

I'm sure now, when I've given the proper instructions how to participate in this topic, people will talk more! :)

right now...

Chi-Ad - Liquid Neon Sky

Absolute cream de la cream of goa. Chi-Ad's best work in my ears, and saying that is a lot! Always evolving sensitive melodies make any crowd move, I'll bet on that. One of the reasons I'm looking forward organising my next goa partee... :)

625153[/snapback]

+1

great track, shame that earth crossing is unreleased to date tho.

Tangerine Dream - Tangram Set 1

Many different themes sort of woven together.....some very happy and uplifting parts and some subtle and beautiful parts as well. All in all a lot of mood changes.

Sometimes it's bordering cheesyness, but overall it's way too good to be cheesy.

Very playful synth music. Lovely analog sounds. Great piece!

genre: whatever...let's call it classic synth music this time

I'm listening to Eat Static - Crash & Burn

It's very unlike other eat static albums in that it's not particularly spacey ufo centred trance. It reminds a little of the hi-fi companions album in that it's quite jazzy & makes me think of the 1950's. This is a little better though IMO as some of the tracks still have a dark twilight zone edge.

This thread should take off if the likes of Radi don't continue to spam it & @ radi, if you really want to talk about psy trance then why don't you. If you notice on this site people are discussing all the time. In the reviews & in general & they actually discuss not just praise 2 artists non stop & ask for recommendations to steal.

MFG - Message from God

Genre: Full on

Better than your average full on. Most tracks are very listenable to and some I find really good. One difference I notice between this album & crappy full on is that the baseline is much more subdued & lies under the rest of the music. When it's like this not annoying at all and fits nicely into the tracks themselves. Often I think that full on has the baseline as the loudest thing in the track & is probably why I don't like it.

Callisto - Worlds Collide

Genre: I don't know how to label it, maybe sludge metal or smthng.

And what a mighty fine track it is. Lately I've been listening very much to stuff like this. I bet no one has ever heard of Callisto, but maybe names like Neurosis and Isis ring a bell for some of the more musically open-minded psynewsers :) . This is indeed heavy music; repetitive yet melodic, deep, slow walls of guitar sounds; harsh vocals usually mixed so that they sound more like an instrument than singing. Now and then comes a quieter moment, where you can hear distant synthezisers, weird noises, speech samples and stuff, just to fall off your chair when the wall of sound suddenly hits you again. This music is like a massive, overwhelming weight, crushing and squeezing you until you cannot move, or even breath.

To think of it, from what I've heard, Isis and Callisto sound almost exactly same. Neurosis is somewhat different, maybe more variety, more of those quiet moments with all the effects and field recordings.

Recommended albums:

Isis - Panopticon

Callisto - True Nature Unfolds

Callisto - Noir

Neurosis - Through Silver In Blood

Talisman (Interchill Records)

Soft Psy Dub

The style of this compilation is between OTT - Blumekraft & the Liquid Sound Design comps from a few years ago. Nice trippy sounds, fat beats & smooth baselines.

includes tracks by

eat static

sons of arqa

adham shaikh

Jah Wobble

OTT

a nice summery vibe for this beautiful day I am about to go out into!

listening to extrawelt set (dasding plagenletter) that traveller kindly sent me...

genre is mostly techtrance, but there chilly parts that could be described as trip hop perhaps.

the flow is really good! the transitions between tracks are smooth and tracks are superb (it's all extrawelt so not a big surpie).

check it out!

Dead Kennedys-This Could be Anywhere from Frankenchrist.

I love the DK, punk combined with an almost surf style guitar, sometimes going off on pretty trippy little jams. The lyrics to This Could Be Anywhere talk about kids shooting dogs with bb guns and fucked up mothers showing off their "toys" to their daughters friends. This could be anywhere. The suburban towns all across America are supposed to be this kind of refuge from the "terrible inner city", but as this song says, the suburbs are just as fucked, but in different ways.

Frankenchrist originally had a cover by HR Giger which was a wall of penises and vaginas copulating, which of course made many American idiots mad, and they changed the cover.

I'm listening to U-Recken - Aquatic Serenade

It's full on but it's pretty good. It is a little bit cheesy but it's a good cheese, more likely to bring a smile than to have you shaking your head.

It has lots of energy & psychedelic sounds. Definately one of my favourite full on albums.

Pete Namlook - Hymn

Ambient

A 28 minute track that never gets boring even though it repeats the same few bars all the way through. The slight variations all the way through and the atmosphere of the track is so dream-like that I usually get dissapointed when the track is over. People should definately check this out on the dreamfish CD.

lamb - gorecki (global communication rmx)

to be honest haven't heard the original. but this global communication cut really works! there's this repetitive cool melody throughout the track and beautiful female vocals. this track has the usual dnb elements, but it somehow leans more to triphop territory perhaps.

it's hard to make repetitive melodies sound cool, but global communication pulled another ace from their sleeves! :)

lamb - gorecki (global communication rmx)

to be honest haven't heard the original. but this global communication cut really works! there's this repetitive cool melody throughout the track and beautiful female vocals. this track has the usual dnb elements, but it somehow leans more to triphop territory perhaps.

it's hard to make repetitive melodies sound cool, but global communication pulled another ace from their sleeves! :)

629601[/snapback]

what album/compilation is that track from?