Rebirth Question

Is it possible to automate in Rebirth? (knobs,patterns,FX,PCF etc etc)

I got some really sweet sounds from it,and i get some even Sweeter sounds when tweaking the knobs and effects (while the loop is playing).

SO i was wondering if there is a way to automate stuff?

Is it via ReWire???

Is it possible to automate in Rebirth? (knobs,patterns,FX,PCF etc etc)

I got some really sweet sounds from it,and i get some even Sweeter sounds when tweaking the knobs and effects (while the loop is playing).

SO i was wondering if there is a way to automate stuff?

Is it via ReWire???

623951[/snapback]

there must be a "record" button somewhere next to the "play" button :)

If you've just got ReBirth open, you can automate the knobbies with your mouse, or if you have it ReWired, you can do that or control them via MIDI. Notice the Pattern Mode/Song Mode switch at the top? Switch it to Song Mode to record automation, and have fun with the vast array of annoyances that come with ReBirth.

And yeah, you have to hit the record button to automate.

there must be a "record" button somewhere next to the "play" button :)

623960[/snapback]

Thats it??? :blink:

*slaps forhead :D

Thanks!!

If you've just got ReBirth open, you can automate the knobbies with your mouse, or if you have it ReWired, you can do that or control them via MIDI. Notice the Pattern Mode/Song Mode switch at the top? Switch it to Song Mode to record automation, and have fun with the vast array of annoyances that come with ReBirth.

And yeah, you have to hit the record button to automate.

623963[/snapback]

Thanks!

What annoyances? havent met any yet.... tell me so i am prepared! ;):D

What annoyances? havent met any yet.... tell me so i am prepared! ;)  :D

623976[/snapback]

Well, perhaps it's just stuff I find annoying. My system isn't super-stable when I get ReBirth and Reason both ReWired to Digital Performer in OS9.2.2.

Is it possible to program your own sounds in ReBirth, it might sounds like a stupid question, but I haven't figured it out yet.

624649[/snapback]

sure.

as it is a 303/808/909 emu.

you can program the 303 like normal basssynth, just in 303 style. :D

Is it possible to program your own sounds in ReBirth, it might sounds like a stupid question, but I haven't figured it out yet.

624649[/snapback]

Meet the knobs called Tune, Cutoff, Reso, Env.Mod, Decay, and Accent, and the switch called Waveform. They are your friends.

Meet the knobs called Tune, Cutoff, Reso, Env.Mod, Decay, and Accent, and the switch called Waveform. They are your friends.

624674[/snapback]

hehe yeah :lol:

treat them like the knobs on your girl, and you will stay friends

i have a copy of rebirth 2 but i dont use that 1 at all...i mean theres no need when u have vst emulations like audiorealism bassline u dont need the rb303 and when there's loads of samples available online, u dont need those classic roland drum machines...well thats simply my point of view

• 2 weeks later...

*bump*

I made a track yesterday with Rebirth but some of the automation didnt got recorded!! :(

The track came out quite nice(totally unplanned,I just pressed the record button to see what i can do with it! :P )

,but i was wondering if you could tell me what stuff you CANT automate in Rebirth!!! :)

i havent managed to automate steps,notes,and filters...Am I doing something wrong??? :(

i have a copy of rebirth 2 but i dont use that 1 at all...i mean theres no need when u have vst emulations like audiorealism bassline u dont need the rb303 and when there's loads of samples available online, u dont need those classic roland drum machines...well thats simply my point of view

632935[/snapback]

indeed, there is no point of buying hardware with the new software that can do the same+so much more.

BUt i still like to hug the hardware, and touch it gently, almost erotic. That's addictive man! It's more fun to play with hardware, cutoff en resonance are extacy and orgasm. :D

+update your rebirth copy, there is no need to use 2 when you can have the latest for free. Rebirth stopt production but the latest version ever released is freeware.

*bump*

I made a track yesterday with Rebirth but some of the automation didnt got recorded!! :(

The track came out quite nice(totally unplanned,I just pressed the record button to see what i can do with it! :P )

,but i was wondering if you could tell me what stuff you CANT automate in Rebirth!!! :)

i havent managed to automate steps,notes,and filters...Am I doing something wrong??? :(

640634[/snapback]

download from http://rebirthmuseum.com/ a demo song.

you have to signup with email, but its worth it.

those are in rebirth format, so you can watch the synthesizer play. :)

but usually yo ucan automate just everything there

download from http://rebirthmuseum.com/ a demo song.

you have to signup with email, but its worth it.

those are in rebirth format, so you can watch the synthesizer play. :)

but usually yo ucan automate just everything there

642973[/snapback]

I have a couple of demo songs that came with Rebirth,and they are automated.Its cool to watch those knobs go left and right! :D

But I havent managed to automate steps and notes. :unsure: Example.

If I start a 303 with 4steps,and then later on in the track make it 16,the switch doesnt get recorded.It stays on the last number of steps I put it.(16 on this case)

And this sucks,cause I make some really nice pad like sounds when I put it on 1step and add some twisted PCF :angry:

Notes just stay the same as in the beginning of the loop. :(

I will have to tinker with it a bit more to make sure though,I am just asking here to see if its something that other Rebirth users have experienced as well! :)

• 1 year later...

I dont get it.. Why would you wanna use rebirth if u cant automate it?

As much as I remember I just pressed record and twiggled the knobs and automated rebirth but in general the sound of it sucks bad so I kicked reason and rebirths but out off my setup..

Why dont u use vsts? No problem with automation and much better sound, in some cases even better than original..

Theres about 5 acid vsts you can choose from.. Also theres better vsts for 808 and 909 emulation parts of rebirth..

I dont get it.. Why would you wanna use rebirth if u cant automate it?

As much as I remember I just pressed record and twiggled the knobs and automated rebirth but in general the sound of it sucks bad so I kicked reason and rebirths but out off my setup..

Why dont u use vsts? No problem with automation and much better sound, in some cases even better than original..

Theres about 5 acid vsts you can choose from.. Also theres better vsts for 808 and 909 emulation parts of rebirth..

My main problem is not knobs (even if its fucking hard to turn knobs with a mouse while recording ) but steps and sequences....

Cause I like the thing,dont know why I just do. Which vst's are you talking about?

I allready have a track i made on it, its pretty good, but its only one melody (and lotslots of tweaking) since I cant change patterns while recording....

Thats not a problem, its same like changing patterns in reason, u have that 8 buttons with A, B, C, D slots below them and that means u can make 8 x 4 different patterns.. Its located on the left of the 303, 808, 909 in rebirth, u cant miss it.. Easier way to switch between the patterns would be pressing record and choosing rebirth tracks for record and than just as the track plays u push patterns in order u wish, rebirth will automatically switch pattern after previous is finished without u need to worry about sync, which means u press the button anywhere in the pattern and after its done it will go into next pattern..

Anyways, its a bit hard for me since I didnt use it for a long time and I can only find 250 x 300 pixel screenshot of a rebirth.. If u dont manage it with theses instructions, grab a screenshot of rebirth and reason with everything open and I will draw it to you..

VSTs I would recommend are ABL 2, Phoscyon, Silverbox, Alien 303, Muon Tau 2..

For 808, 909 I would recommend Neopheton and Drumazon, ADM..

Also check this

for some inspiration.. As I can see from a video u should have reason rewired and record patterns in reason on rebirth track in the bottom of the screen where u record everything else, piano rolls and stuff.. But I think theres tracks for recording also in rebirth, probably the guy from a video just hide it so he can have free space on a screen for live performance..