Tony Rohr "Tony Rohr Loves You All"

freak51

Hell, if Trentemoller gets on here as psy, then Tony Rohr stomps all over it with his first full-length LP.

Posted Image

1 - The Dirty Thirty [Redux]

2 - Super Cool Hoon [Album Version]

3 - Buzz Buzz Buzz [Album Version]

4 - Pause Be With You [Album Version]

5 - Twentyfour [Album Version]

6 - El Sonido [Album Version]

7 - Strings and Strings [Album Version]

8 - All Choked Up [Album Version]

9 - Openair Hair [Album Version]

10- Scary Lab [Acid Version]

If you know Tony Rohr, the LP is perhaps not quite as biting-on-tinfoil/urgent-attention-required as some of his singles. Still, 'Super Cool Hoon' is definitely a highlight track of the year.

Tony Rohr is all over creatively dirty percussion and spooky, infectious, psychedelic hooks that saturate your brainpan and make you say "ooooh", even as the person to your left and the person to your right just plain don't get it.

Beg pardon for a sparse review, but I haven't distinguished many tracks from each other just yet, and mainly this is to draw attention to this solid release from an artist to watch out for.

8/10.

Hey wow!

I noted the other evening that a "T. Roehr" lists with the Poles (current Kino Oko and Epi Centrum) on the Bigwigs' "Fraktalik Fraterniti" release. Could be the same guy, via 'oe' to "ö" to "o". The credits on that release don't provide bios.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Journey Man Project

He deserves a spot in the psy scene seeing as he was track no.1 on boshke Beats Chronika Chapter 2 - Tony Rohr - "My Mind Is Going Dub"

He deserves a spot in the psy scene seeing as he was track no.1 on boshke Beats Chronika Chapter 2 - Tony Rohr - "My Mind Is Going Dub"

637750[/snapback]

I've never understood that logic, but I'm not complaining, Tony Rohr is so much better than progressive psytrance.