Suntrip Records Presents: Twist Dreams!

Hey Anoebis, thanks for the samples... they sound tasty.... :D

Merr0w sounds like Dimension 5 - Transdimensional album, Afgin is very nice, KOB is awesome, Ra's track, yummy....

638011[/snapback]

Yay! the first track was one of the tracks I was really looking for during your sets, it's perfect! it seems like I like very much Afgin, Ra and Red Gravity as well, Khetzal seem to be harder as usual, or is it just the wrong 3 minutes?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>TWIST DREAMS - IMPRESSIONS</span>

1. Cosmic Silence - Psy Spirit ... Sounds good.

2. Aerosis - Contorsion ... Sounds very good, at times great.

3. Red Gravity - Momentary 29 ... I like the melodies. They're good. At around 2:12 however this song sounds great. Really, I hope this song continues to get stronger and better as it progresses. The three minute sample suggests to me it has potential to keep getting better and better and... *Fingers crossed*

4. Talpa - Till We Meet Again ... Does the opening introduction of this song seem to somewhat resemble the sound of Filteria's "Tiny Universe" opening/intro song on the Apsara comp?? Hmmm.... I don't like that. The overall song sounds pretty good so far. There are some nice melodies and keys, but I've heard much better from this artst. I'm so far not impressed because I have heard great, excellent, and superb stuff by this artist before on his Art of Being Non album which I find, many people, find great. The quick piano notes are a nice touch and I hope this song gets better but it's so far cool and pretty good sounding, just nothing great to me.

5. Merr0w - Utopian Society ... Sounds great.. the melodies and progression sound very good, great.

6. KhetzaL - TranceFuzion ... Sounds good. I like the voice samples and especially the melodies. The beat or kickdrum sounds generally "harder" than previous Khetzal and that's fine. So far this song is good during it's first 3 minutes. After the short transition the music returns more aggressive, it's a good change and I hope the second half of this song becomes great, develops into something even better, superb if possible.

7. Filteria presents K.O.B - Weight of Oblivion (feat. Klara Steiner) ... Okay, now I understand KOB. *Whew* originally I thought Filteria had nothing to do with creating this song. I like the skipping/altered "jar opening" melody sound and other effects. It's like a more emotional sounding Filteria song. I'm starting to enjoy this more. It should be good.

8. Afgin - Dimensional ... Sounds good, but this artist could work on making his melodies more juicy and flavorful. The transition sounds good. There really isn't a big, classic/strong (catchy) melody lifting up out of all the others but one melody is very noticeable after the transition, it's pretty good but not great. This sounds like a fairly good song at the least so far.

9. Ra - Gates of Tiphareth ... This sounds very interesting. The style is unique, different, and most importantly catchy. This song might be great. It's VERY cool as it progresses. It's also great seeing RA on here especially because it seems all his fans haven't heard from if he's even making music and albums since the "To Series" album which I own and is great.

I currently most enjoy tracks: <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>2, 3, 5, 6, 9.</span>

;):)

Sounds more oldskool than Apsara, which I don't think is a good thing. But it's likely I'll buy this nevertheless, because I like melodic (non-cheesy!) trance so much. Lots of variation and solid ideas in all the samples.

639276[/snapback]

and I had a mail in my pm box of 1 hour ago where someone sais it's a pitty we sound so new school with this cd... :blink: Weird! :) ah well, when the tracks are complete you'll have a clearer vision, personally I think this is more modern sounding as Apsara with the Talpa and Khetzal track for sure, as they have some more modern basslines and stuff, the other tracks are just great non-general goa trance imo, and the first is even a little progressive melodic trance... :) ah well, it's hard to label music anyway :P

is it like the dance?

do the twist?

and then dreams about this?

twist dreams ? :-)

like it

cant wait for new album to download

so i know it will be for sale :P

OHH MAN THIS IS GONNA BE A BLAST!!! really can't wait to hear this!

PLUS: man no wonder you are such a psychedelic dude! with a mother painting somthing so fantastic.. you are SO lucky!! make her my best compliments for the artwork!! RA return is highly awaited! And am very curious to hear what talpa has to offer too as well as all these other talents ;)

and I had a mail in my pm box of 1 hour ago where someone sais it's a pitty we sound so new school with this cd...  :blink: Weird! :) ah well, when the tracks are complete you'll have a clearer vision, personally I think this is more modern sounding as Apsara with the Talpa and Khetzal track for sure, as they have some more modern basslines and stuff, the other tracks are just great non-general goa trance imo, and the first is even a little progressive melodic trance... :) ah well, it's hard to label music anyway :P

639282[/snapback]

Heh, that's funny. :D

Anoebis and Suntrip made me get in love again with psytrance, I was still buying cds but getting easily bored with most of them...and now modern goa is back and I find a reason to continue and also to look for old stuff, finding out that the best this genre can give us is goa with modern pattern, sounds, sound dynamic e kicks.

This is exactly what Suntrip is doing and Twist Dreams! (from what I can hear from samples) is just another example of that.

Listening to them 4-5 times I can already find out there will be at least 4 or 5 historycal tracks (the Red Gravity one being my favorite so far).

It already seems this compilation will surpass the great Apsara.

Hope you'll be an example for many!

Melody, Psychedelic sounds, originality and sound quality...this is what is needed and what you're almost always bringing on the plate.

edit: i have listen more carefully the samples and imo the quality level is much lower compared with VA apsara dry.gif anyway..we can say more when we hear the full tracks.

48 kbps mono...trust me, highquality and stereo can make or break some of these tracks ;) from what I have heard the production these artists are creating are very modern...in league with anything being released right now. This is exactly what suntrip is for :)

Concerning Aerosis - contorsion was a grand expirament on our behalf, unique blend of dark goa and psychedelia is exactly how I'd defind it. However it'll be a while yet before more Aerosis material is released - myself and Jeremy are working on loads of sketches and expiraments, we're happily exploring new directions in goa and searching to express feelings that haven't been expressed before, both dark and happy. I'm really excited about a particular theme we've found, which may yet develop into the Aerosis style. All I can say to all the goa fans out here is to keep your eyes open for the future, excluding this release with Suntrip, our exposure to the public has been extremely minimal.

2. Aerosis - Contorsion ... Sounds very good, at times great.

B) Thats relieving. Like I said, its a grand expirament, this track display alot of theme and theme changes. I'm happy for the good response a few people have given us and thank you Anoebis for believing in us.

About Twist Dreams - my impression so far is that this release by suntrip is modern - where as Apsara is nostalgic. Progress is good :) Modern goa has differenciated itself enough to be called Newschool Goa rather than just "Goa" - lets hope this new direction takes off and we'll see what new genres will come out from this scene. (No, Newschool is not a genre! Its just the beginning!)

Impression on samples:

first track sounds vey good, but the beginning and ending weren't really my style.. some average and some really good parts in this track..

second track sounds very nice! but i prefer Mindcrawlers style more..

Synogen or Anoebis, will there be a mindcrawlers track released on suntripin the future?

3rd track has an amazing climax, maybe a bit cheesy, but the good cheesy ;)

4rd track: indeed full on kick, but who cares... there nothing wrong with that... not bad from what i hear, but i like the previous tracks more

5th track: lifts off with a very nice acidline! this is the goa i like :) fast, acid, climactic and melodic

6th track, well it's Khetzal :) no comment needed with this guy ;)

7th track sounds very nice, but will sound way better with mastering i think

8th track is also very good, i'm happy to see that guy on a suntrip release

9th track sounds very good, but i would rather hear a trance track from that guy.. w/e ill be patient

looking forward for the full tracks B)

• 3 weeks later...

From now on there is something new... :)

https://www.myspace.com/suntriprecords

I will try to find out as many gigs as possible of all suntrip acts so you can see if they play following months in your region... This page will be updated alot! :) Also, you have loads of fun pictures and extra info! :)

I also updated https://www.myspace.com/anoebis now the mixes are available again etc :)

Enjoy! :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

A big thanx, Anoebis! I'm gonna download immediately your golden sets! :D Your myspace page is very nice btw. :) I can notice a lot of dates for future suntrip parties, and among them, some legendary live acts who will make their "comeback": subcouds; technossomy; colorbox! :D

Guest Cosmogenesis

Ooooooooo! Wait a minute! :o I'm not sure I understand correctly the words written on the suntrip myspace about the Ra album: "Also expect some extras that were never on trance cds before... "

>>>Tell me what I'm not dreaming: can I expect also some old unreleased tracks with his newest album??!!! :D I think it's already christmas for me! :lol::P

Ooooooooo! Wait a minute! :o I'm not sure I understand correctly the words written on the suntrip myspace about the Ra album: "Also expect some extras that were never on trance cds before... "

>>>Tell me what I'm not dreaming: can I expect also some old unreleased tracks with his newest album??!!! :D I think it's already christmas for me! :lol::P

lol, no, it's not really about music... just a little, a little extra... you will see, Christer asked me to keep it silent, and I'm his slave, so... :P

Guest Cosmogenesis

lol, no, it's not really about music... just a little, a little extra... you will see, Christer asked me to keep it silent, and I'm his slave, so... :P

No music? :o I think I was dreaming too much once again! :lol: But, in case there will be still some available space on the cd, you know what to add... :P

Yummy ! It would be great to have such small present inside the cover, well hidden. :D

I'd sure appreciate that! :P But I'll buy the CD anyway, no matter what the surprise is. The tracklist just looks stunning...

I'd sure appreciate that! :P But I'll buy the CD anyway, no matter what the surprise is. The tracklist just looks stunning...

lol, addicted FREAKS! :) Dream on :P It has to do something with music, but it is no track or something... And that's all I can tell for now, wait a few more months! :) and first we have this compilation of course ;)