KinDzaDza, Energy Loop, Terranoise — Cyber Force

Osom — Night Flirt

Osom — Bilkuul Ajnabii Hai

Osom Meets Matutero — Brain Diggers

Osom — Activate Drivers

Osom — Berg Sturz

Psykovsky Da Furious — Hydro Phone

Psykovsky Da HighDzaDza — Technology To Develop

this is the third album released on tantrumm records, as you can see it is various artists, but it is allmost and osom album, because all tracks are involved with Osom or an Osom member. Osom is a trio consisting Psykovsky, Kindzadza and CPC, but i have heard that CPC is replaced by Cosmo now.. correct me if I'm wrong please.

If you take a look at the bpm's, you can see they are extremely high for Psytrance, 150-160 bpm and one track is even faster..

Let us take a look at the tracks

1) Psykovsky vs Cosmo - So Many Q (152 bpm)

Psykovsky released his debut album last year which was very astonishing and Cosmo also released his debut album this year which was also amazing!

This track lifts off with bassline immediately pounding at 152 bpm, very crazy and lots of schreachy sounds like we are used of psykovsky and cosmo, nice blend of their crazy styles, a lot of psychedelic glitches and hooks you wouldn't expect, not even from these two! Great track

2) Kindzadza vs Cosmo - Hydro Panic (152 bpm)

Again Cosmo and Kindzadza, the last one doesn't need an introduction i think?

This guy is an of the best dark trance producers ever imo, so my expections are high. The intro starts with a slower bassline and some R2D2 sounds, then it speeds up to extremely fast! then there is a filtered bassline that is getting higher and higher! Then the real bassline lifts off, and we are supplied witth some crazy kindzadza rythms and some wicked cosmo glitches. the bassline is not straight ahead like we are used in like 90% of all the darkpsuy, but they platch with the pitch/notes all the time. This track is comparable with r2d2 on acid, very intense track. I love it!

3) KinDzaDza, Energy Loop, Terranoise - Cyber Force (150 bpm)

Again our friend Leo in this one, but with two artists i have never heard a track of.

Again a very crazy, intense glitchy track, but a bit more straight ahead and fuller than the previous two. This is the slowest track of the album but it is still damn fast, pretty ironic huh :D. I like it a lot!

4) Osom - Night Flirt (174 bpm)

174 bpm!!! what the fuck, this must be hardcore all the way.. allthough the bpm-counter on my virtual dj gives this the bpm is constantly shifting.. you got to hear it to understand it. Very original intro, but it looks like it is sampled.. whatever, i like it, the bassline fades and at allready 160 bpm i guess, now it is getting harder, faster, filtered, they play with it all the time with some schreachy sounds after it.

very glitchy and crazy, but I think that it is too fast and over the top for most trance listeners, since it isn't really trance anymore, but more of psycore or breakcoregoa :) I don't care, i like it a lot, but i would have focussed less on the basslines..

5) Osom — Bilkuul Ajnabii Hai (160 bpm)

This track is like a shorter and bit altered version of Osom - Be Cool, previoulsy released on Lyserg Lesson 1, don't get the use of this guys, next track pls

6) Osom Meets Matutero - Brain Diggers (160 bpm)

I am not familiar with the work of Matutero, I only have a remix by Psykovsky of him, but i heard positive comments of it, so expections are high again.

Again a fucking fast track, it is again in the same style as the previous tracks, allthough the first minutes are a bit empty, i like it but it is not that good as the other imo..

7) Osom - Activate Drivers (160 bpm)

Again a very hardbassline in this one, starting pretty off rhytm :)

Psychedelic all the way, but again a bit too empy at some points. Very good track off course, but it had better ones

8) Osom - Berg sturz (156 bpm)

They slow down the speed again, but it is still fast as hell. Pretty playful effects and more rhytmic than the previous one, higher basslines, and very crazy melodies is this one, this one is the most melodic track of the compilation until now and i think it is the best one for the dancefloor together with the 3rd track.

9) Psykovsky da Furious - Hydro Phone (154 bpm)

This track is again psykovsky, together with Furious, i'm not familiar with this guy so i don't know what to expect. Also pretty melodic, but very detuned and phone like as the title refers to. Looks like the two were stoned and where pressing random phone buttons and recorded it as a melody.. pretty good tho, and the and got an original bassline, instead of the typical 3 short notes, the just made one lone hard note.. nice track, very original and noisy

10) Psykovsky da Highdzadza - Technology to Develop (152 bpm)

as you might guess, the Highdzadza stands for Highko and Kindzadza.

Highko is half of Highcosmos, the other half if Cosmo from the first two tracks. Highko also released his debut album this year and it was nothng more than amazing to me, he drew the borders of psytrance to a new direction if you ask me.

So very curious what this will give!

To be honest i am a bit dissapointed, it is a good track, the first half is way too calm in comparison with the other tracks, well maybe this is a good thing becasue this album was way too intense.. the second half is very funny tho! it changes direction and the bassline gets melodic, but not trance-melodic :) then there comes some accoustic guitar, which is probably sampled :) on paper this may soudn cheesy, but it isn't.. as you all know psykovsky is the master in sampling without making it sounds cheesy! So the last minutes make up a lot, because the frist where just soem minimal glitches+ bassline.

So my final verdict is: Very psychedelic album, they pushed the borders even more far and this might be the trance equivalent for breakcore or hardcore..

if you liek hardcore and breakcore, this might be somethign for you ;)

If you like rhytmicly building up dark trance with basslines straight ahead, i suggest you look somewhere else.. I bet this sounds fucking crazy on acid, mayb a bit intense to listen it in one time.. The only bad thing about this disk is that it suffers from the same problem as both Highko and Cosmo albums.. all the tracks use the same sounds but in different directions.. so if you would listen to it quick, you wouldn't recognise any of the tracks.. BUT most all the tracks got something original on the other hand, so on the other hand they don't sound the same :s

Hard to follow me huh :ph34r:

Another bad thing is that it is not that good for the dancefloor.. reasons: it is too fast to dance long on it and all of the tracks have strange rhytms, which is very unpredictable.. i think most tracks would be good to end a dark set as climax :)

i bet they are bitches to mix too :)

Favorites: ALL!! but especially track 3,4 and 8 (the last part of 10 too)

9/10

Yeah a good one, though the whole glitch thing gets old if you hear it one track after another (not on this album, see Highko-Noise Brothers on Poison) A great experimental collabo-comp! Love track 9, 10, 3, the others are ok in comparison.

Furious has some lovely tracks, see Jokers Necropolis on Deja Vu and Nowhereland on Vertigo, also his album Not For Fame on Vertigo! Lovely percussion he uses!

Matutero is Zik, also Horror Place and Adrenal Glands, check these projects out. Zikdrury is forest trance with Zik and someone else I forgot (Check Sanatonic Audio on Sanaton).

Hehe, I feel the same way about this, Highko-Noise Brothers, and Cosmo-Gravity, great stand-alone tracks, but one after another its like, OK, I get it, we're insane now, you can stop with the glitches!

Yeah, Psykovsky's bpm changes can be difficult to mix, you just gotta know the ending bpm, its ok after that.

ah right matutero is zik, i forgat lol :)

Hehe, I feel the same way about this, Highko-Noise Brothers, and Cosmo-Gravity, great stand-alone tracks, but one after another its like, OK, I get it, we're insane now, you can stop with the glitches!

yes i agree, for listening to some tracks it is ok, but for an whole album listening in a row it lacks diversity

very good album ....

it's very crazy and metallic but I kinda like it because it's something different .... I don't think they overused the glitch plugin ... Nor do I think that the tracks use the same formule ....

this a 100 % dj album not really ment to listen to at home but who cares anyway ....

it does work well on the dancefloor and it's a total headfuck .... that's all we need

Heard it at a friends place and it sounded totally whacked out !! theres madness written all over !! the osom meets matutero is just totally at another level. altho i must admit that its to much to digest all at once .. maybe one or two tracks at a time :D

• 1 month later...

Rrrgh. :angry:

Psyshop must have one of the smallest stock's around.

I was just about to order this one, Tempus Viator, and Freshly squeezed.

...Out of stock...

I'll try Saikosounds for the first time in my life I think, I heard all possitive things about it, just a little slower I guess...

This is a great compilation/Osom "album"! Some of the only 150+ bpm music that I have really liked :wacko: and they are pushing all the bottoms omg! :blink:

Perfect for driving on highways it will keep u awake ;)

I see this as a real cyclone of psychedelic sonic-warfare :o , not a dull moment! I dont feel like all tracks are equally enjoyable, but I think there are a good level overall here. And it can be hard to hear them all in a row for me, I think most music at this pace would be... ;)

I really enjoy Osom - Night Flirt (track 4) its so messed up! Im happy its the only track with that kind intensity though :wacko: this shit is really unbelieveble!

With this said I have to say that this is not something I can hear every day, for that its just too hard, have to be in the right mood, but then its really good too!

8.2/10 :)

The madness never stops!

This one definitely earns the "what the fuck" of the year award. I played a set at a speedcore/gabber sort of party and this stuff blended right in (or perhaps even sounded crazier). Wild stuff, still not exactly sure what to make of it, but it is clear enough that this release brings psytrance to a new extreme.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...