Netrelease (ambient)

Bahamut

http://www.farawayrecords.com/releases_ambientag.html

I forgot I was even on this..... years ago they asked me to be on some ambient/chill compilation and now they finally released it.

2 of my ambient tracks are on it called Silent Angel and Sedative.

I have no idea what the rest of the music sounds like, so I'm currently going to give it a listen, maybe it's some nice bedroom-artists chill music... :)

Hey Bahamut. Nice work. :)

Silent Angel: Very pretty and peaceful. I think this could've used more experimentation with the sounds themselves - it comes across the ears as somewhat generic and flat sounding. I hear a soft, sensitive touch, but I don't hear much personal, artful expression. It's too safe, in other words.

Sedative: I like this much more. It really evokes a dreamland, or that often gentle state one enters right at the border of wakefulness and sleep, where one drifts off into a very peaceful, protected place. This one creates imagery in my head, which I think is crucial to good music. The restrained and emotive pads and melodies felt to be in the right places at the right times and I didn't want for more in that respect. I also preferred the larger soundstage of this one. But similar to Silent Angel, I found myself unable to hear your own unique, expressive fingerprint.

I know it's a challenge for every artist, and I wrestle with this too, but at some point one has to let go and allow one's own heart to be expressed and heard, rather than playing it too safe by resorting to the sound of the successes of others from the past.

Thanks for sharing. :)

I know it's a challenge for every artist, and I wrestle with this too, but at some point one has to let go and allow one's own heart to be expressed and heard, rather than playing it too safe by resorting to the sound of the successes of others from the past.

621803[/snapback]

yes sir! very well said :) agree 100%.

.x

ps. will download and listen to this tonight. always exciting to see what the free world has to offer :)

They are older tracks that some have probably heard before =)

Otto; I agree the tracks are not very expressive, but they were meant as smooth relaxing ambient tracks. Also all the sounds from these tracks are from the same Roland synth, that's why it may sound a bit limited and flat.

Thanks for listening guys.

Otto; I agree the tracks are not very expressive, but they were meant as smooth relaxing ambient tracks. Also all the sounds from these tracks are from the same Roland synth, that's why it may sound a bit limited and flat.

621978[/snapback]

excelent release! i mean it!

Lots of relaxing and inspiring tracks... yours are excelent!! :P

thumbs up

boom and thanks

621978[/snapback]

I see. Do you have some newer stuff you want to share? I'm always up for a listen if you don't mind my feedback too much. :)

• 5 months later...
Guest Astro Cortex

Hey, I really dig your tracks ;)

Otto was probably right, you could have developed them a bit more, as I imagine they could really build up into something even more trippy right after the 5 minute mark, but unfortunately they and at that point.....

But as I said, it's nice stuff, probably (largely) Namlook-inspired, at least 'Silent Angel' (Silence.......'Sweet Angels', 'When Angels Sleep' etc., I see :P .....especially the bass, which is not unlike that on 'Trip')

Oh, and I'd be glad to hear your "most worthwhile stuff" as well!