DJ Training

so i want to train my lazy ass for some proper dj'ing. i used to mix at some small parties long ago,but i havent played a set in AGES ;)<_<

and my mixing was hmm,quite unusual (fade in-out ;)

I dont have any hardware at home,so i was wondering if there are any programs that can help learn the basics.(beatmatching etc).

I know that NOTHING can substitute hardware,but i dont have a choice at the moment. :(

Try Virtual DJ, it will beatmatch for you if you want it to, unfortunately theres no way to have a master and monitor output, with the free demo version. Its not a bad little program, its got a killer looper. IDK if thats what youre looking for. the demo only lasts like a month, then it doesnt work anymore.

http://www.virtualdj.com/

I used it long ago. I use hardware now.

Try Virtual DJ, it will beatmatch for you if you want it to, unfortunately theres no way to have a master and monitor output, with the free demo version.  Its not a bad little program, its got a killer looper.  IDK if thats what youre looking for.  the demo only lasts like a month, then it doesnt work anymore.

http://www.virtualdj.com/

I used it long ago.  I use hardware now.

621008[/snapback]

thanks mate :)

i will check it out and tell you if i like it. hehe i dont want it to beatmatch for me,i want to learn how to properly beatmatch myself. :)

to sum it up,am looking for a program that will let me train on it ,so when i finally hit the decks,i will know what to do. :)

a software that is the nearest to hardware CDJ's.but in software! i hope you understand what am trying to say! :)

i dl both the programs you guys suggested.

Virtual dj ,i had allready used that one,but it was under the name Atomix MP3. Its quite nice.i just do everything manually so that its not TOO easy ;)

Now Pioneer DJS. I cant see shit!!! its so dark !!! i can just see the players,and thats pretty much it! i am sure i am doing something wrong!!

help???

yeah guys i also need to teach myslef in mixing...coz i'm going to organize psytrance rave in my hometown nest year , few dj will appear but i want to also smash dancefloor by myslef :)

can you tell me 2 things ??

-does expierience gained on soft djs gives you any feedback and easines with working with hardware for the few first times ??

and secon iv got 2 soundcards but my hifi system is connected to only one and i think this cannot be easily changed ?? how can i make my mixing skills with sucha a configuration ??

this fuckin soft virtual dj fucks up with my sb live...i cannot make him play second deck on headphones i always hear everything in master how to make it up ??

627477[/snapback]

you have two outputs?

one should be called 1/2, which should be connected to your sound system --> master

then you need another output 3/4 in which you plug your headphones --> cue

then you need to finally select 1/2 as master and 3/4 as cue in your software.

Do software make it easier to learn hardware? I dont think that it made it easier to beatmatch, but I do think it helped me know my music better, and know what sounds good with what, which of course is half of being a dj.

i wasnt having money to go to dj school n lern. however i got in to a pro school. u know how. the dj who teach there doesnt know music production. so iam teaching him production n he is teaching me djing. i can come n practice ne time :D