The Bassline

snowball

Aye, I thought it looked wierd. That's why I thought it might be someone's name. Maybe just something random to look exotic  :P

626457[/snapback]

nah, thats just plain japlanese* [equall to engrish, but this time its other way around]

mr rain has lots of skills, two of them are engrish and now he adds japranese*

*choose the one you like the most, all rights reserved :D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as killarghSHIFT1!!! goes.... i say that all that comes out now is that sort of stuff... no good..... I'll be impressed when they use something different from supersaw kbbbkbbbkbbbkbbb.....

something neat: where k is a super soft low freq kick, and b is a soft sine bass :P ... makes for some pretty ambient stuff... If applied properly... without proper application, it gets monotonous fast :P

There are differences. A lot of full on nowadays uses that bassline throughout the whole song, with only a few brakes and then the bassline continues, using only one note, which sucks. I like it, though, when the bass has a groovy tune, playing different notes, with subtile variations, like on the Voice of Cod album and the nice hi-hats like on Tegma-Thunderblade.

I think it's a bit close-minded to state that all full on has a boring bassline.

There are differences. A lot of full on nowadays uses that bassline throughout the whole song, with only a few brakes and then the bassline continues, using only one note, which sucks. I like it, though, when the bass has a groovy tune, playing different notes, with subtile variations, like on the Voice of Cod album and the nice hi-hats like on Tegma-Thunderblade.

I think it's a bit close-minded to state that all full on has a boring bassline.

630895[/snapback]

I agree. A baseline that changes & is a tune usually sounds quite good but just having a droning sound that is continuous & doesn't change is pointless for me.

• 3 weeks later...

630895[/snapback]

I would say almost al fullon has a boring bassline, anyway all fullon with the rolling bassline is shit IMO, aaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh, it sounds too awful.

in the uk at least, which was the only experience i've had in point of comparison, there's is almost fetichism for the bassline, is what keeps you going, is what you hear, is what it is prominent in the speakers, is the groove... but a lot of it has to do with you being there... at that point of the night... outside your house in a party (you know what i mean radi ;) ) dancing and not rubbing your chin, which what i do a lot these days... best i can do to explain it...

I would say almost al fullon has a boring bassline, anyway all fullon with the rolling bassline is shit IMO, aaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh, it sounds too awful.

648903[/snapback]

i tend to find the bassline too accented.

it eats the rest of the track.artists give way to much importance in that frigging bassline and it covers everything else.I cant enjoy a track when I get blasted by killllarghh basslines...and it has become some sort of basic element in todays psytrance.very few artists dont use it.

i dont understand that.its like,make the bassline.everything else is trivial. :huh:

wtf

i tend to find the bassline too accented.

it eats the rest of the track.artists give way to much importance in that frigging bassline and it covers everything else.I cant enjoy a track when I get blasted by killllarghh basslines...and it has become some sort of basic element in todays psytrance.very few artists dont use it.

i dont understand that.its like,make the bassline.everything else is trivial. :huh:

wtf

648908[/snapback]

well a bassline is the base of a track, that's why it needs to be nice.. off course you can have other bassline then the most used one, but it has became a trademark for psytrance and it is easy and fun to dance on it..

a lot of old school has those kbbbkbbbkbbbkbbb basslines too, but more 303-like and it is shadowed by the melody a lot.. but now with better mastering technics, you always keep hearing the basslines too..

imo tracks who focus too much on the basslines anre't good, but a fat rolling bassline with nice leads is very nice!

I like fullon basslines :D

not all of them, but comparing to old skool basslines they are def...

- more crystal clear

- more balanced

- stronger

- less repetitive (yés they are, old skool don't look like because off all the melodies)

- more present what is good or bad, depends or how intilligence the bassline is created.

I like fullon basslines  :D

not all of them, but comparing to old skool basslines they are def...

- more crystal clear

- more balanced

- stronger

- less repetitive (yés they are, old skool don't look like because off all the melodies)

- more present what is good or bad, depends or how intilligence the bassline is created.

656390[/snapback]

Sometimes it is used very well, very well! Everyone who slags off every baseline saying they all sound the same... "For shame..."

I like it most though when it's not too prominent in a track, when it lies nicely behind the music & drives it! When it's all you can here it's crap IMO