So I listened I.F.O. 4 times and FOL 3 times today

jivamukti

2 albums (14 tracks) a total of 7 listens I think he has a long way to go to beat Radi's 1 track on repeat for 3 hours don't you think!

620418[/snapback]

Yeah, you are quite right over there... but still... hearing the same album more than once a day is a bit too much. :D

Yeah, you are quite right over there... but still... hearing the same album more than once a day is a bit too much. :D

620503[/snapback]

Yeah! but I remeber when I only had 1 or 2 CDs. I watched a lot of TV :lol:

Yeah! but I remeber when I only had 1 or 2 CDs. I watched a lot of TV  :lol:

620505[/snapback]

You wanna say that in lack of music people tend to overlisten what they have ? I don't reckon, you can always turn on the radio, play a cassette ( :lol: ), sing inside your head, music is everywhere... I still don't find it excusable having to waste your time with listening to one song or an album in a row few times, that is just, ummmm, LAZYNESS. :D

You wanna say that in lack of music people tend to overlisten what they have ? I don't reckon, you can always turn on the radio, play a cassette ( :lol: ), sing inside your head, music is everywhere... I still don't find it excusable having to waste your time with listening to one song or an album in a row few times, that is just, ummmm, LAZYNESS. :D

620512[/snapback]

No I meant to say that when I had a lack of music I didn't listen to much at all. I watched TV instead. If you listen to great music over and over and over then it becomes normal, ordinary & average. I like to listen to as much as possible so music never feels ordinary!

Ugh.

Since you obviously know so much about the subject, why don't you tell us at which point the mix is compressed.

620479[/snapback]

I am not the one coming here and bragging about anything...

Most of today's psy trance and mainstream mastering engineers pushing the overall signal up as high as possible without hitting the distortion point. Take any of the recently (5 years let's say) mastered CD's and you'll hear that the dynamics is pretty static. The reason the mastering is done so is in order to be loud as possible in Radio transmissions and in Clubs/Parties. Sometimes the single version of a track is louder than the album version. It goes through additional mastering to raise the chances it's accepted well in the Radio.

I'm not big on the production in a couple IFO tracks, but I still really love the music. Alcyone, for instance, has some rather uncomfortable piercing highs in it, but it's still one of my all-time favorite tracks. So if one can still love a track despite less-than-perfect production, doesn't that say something about the music in general? There's a ton of perfectly produced music out there that I don't like at all.

I'm not big on the production in a couple IFO tracks, but I still really love the music. Alcyone, for instance, has some rather uncomfortable piercing highs in it, but it's still one of my all-time favorite tracks. So if one can still love a track despite less-than-perfect production, doesn't that say something about the music in general? There's a ton of perfectly produced music out there that I don't like at all.

620678[/snapback]

i dont know, but to me it seems that production in ifo is far from "less than perfect" :unsure:

p2p stuff sounds bad, and peeps who own cd confirm that production quality is, well, not good <_<

i dont know, but to me it seems that production in ifo is far from "less than perfect"  :unsure:

p2p stuff sounds bad, and peeps who own cd confirm that production quality is, well, not good <_<

620683[/snapback]

One one hand I enjoy decent production, but if the music is really good I don't focus so much on the production. So if a track can have really crappy production and I listen to it a million times, I'd say that says something about the success of a track.

One one hand I enjoy decent production, but if the music is really good I don't focus so much on the production. So if a track can have really crappy production and I listen to it a million times, I'd say that says something about the success of a track.

620699[/snapback]

well, its not that i rate production over musical values of a track, but ifo that ive heard is really bad production wise, i simply cant unnotice that, perhaps on decent sound system it will give out more :).

well, its not that i rate production over musical values of a track, but ifo that ive heard is really bad production wise, i simply cant unnotice that, perhaps on decent sound system it will give out more :).

620701[/snapback]

One of my most rewarding psy experiences was listening to Alcyone through great speakers. An intense experience. When that bassline finally drops...oh man. What a rush. :o:D

I am not the one coming here and bragging about anything...

Most of today's psy trance and mainstream mastering engineers pushing the overall signal up as high as possible without hitting the distortion point. Take any of the recently (5 years let's say) mastered CD's and you'll hear that the dynamics is pretty static. The reason the mastering is done so is in order to be loud as possible in Radio transmissions and in Clubs/Parties. Sometimes the single version of a track is louder than the album version. It goes through additional mastering to raise the chances it's accepted well in the Radio.

620548[/snapback]

Look, I haven't bragged about anything here. I never was completely serious about posting here in the first place.

I don't see what's your point is in this post and I really don't see what did I ever post that contradicts what you said. Even so, what you said is reasonably accurate at best.

Now, if you're pissed off about what I said to Mike A, all I can say is that's what I usually do when people come trolling at me.