So I listened I.F.O. 4 times and FOL 3 times today

jivamukti

Hello RADI.

620016[/snapback]

:blink::o:ph34r: Noooooooooooooooooo! :D

prey god in your spare time for giving you the privilege to let this divine sound get into your auditory channel... ;)  :rolleyes:

620165[/snapback]

Prey indeed:

Prey

1. To hunt, catch, or eat as prey: Owls prey on mice.

2. To victimize or make a profit at someone else's expense.

3. To plunder or pillage.

4. To exert a baneful or injurious effect: Remorse preyed on his mind.

Sorry couldn't resist. :)

Shiva willing, I will today complete my odyssey.

Blasphemy! Officers of the Institution of Dogmatic Purity of Trance will visit your place soon to take you to the Institution's Correction Department for re-education.

620246[/snapback]

No, wait. I have proof.

EXHIBIT A:

Posted Image

Above a picture of Pleiadians - Electra from IFO in Sony Sound Forge. The white areas indicate headroom in each sample.

EXHIBIT B:

Posted Image

Above a picture of Pleiadians - Asterope from IFO in Sony Sound Forge.

Now, my question to you, ladies and gentlemen, is how can you have power in music without dynamics?

Now, my question to you, ladies and gentlemen, is how can you have power in music without dynamics?

620249[/snapback]

99% of todays mainstream/underground music have the same dynamics. If you want dynamics you should look for it in Classic music or in Jazz.

99% of todays mainstream/underground music have the same dynamics. If you want dynamics you should look for it in Classic music or in Jazz.

620253[/snapback]

Which is a shame. Welcome to the loudness race.

The fact is though that a good mastering engineer can make a mix with even little headroom sound like it breaths. IMO that's where IFO's gone wrong.

what a load of crap

620255[/snapback]

You are intelligent.

Which is a shame. Welcome to the loudness race.

The fact is though that a good mastering engineer can make a mix with even little headroom sound like it breaths. IMO that's where IFO's gone wrong.

620262[/snapback]

Obviously you don't know much about mastering and it's purpose.

:blink::o:ph34r:                  Noooooooooooooooooo!                  :D

Prey indeed:

Prey

1. To hunt, catch, or eat as prey: Owls prey on mice.

2. To victimize or make a profit at someone else's expense.

3. To plunder or pillage.

4. To exert a baneful or injurious effect: Remorse preyed on his mind.

Sorry couldn't resist. :)

Shiva willing, I will today complete my odyssey.

620238[/snapback]

:D

pray i meant

:P:rolleyes:

No, wait. I have proof.

EXHIBIT A:

Posted Image

Above a picture of Pleiadians - Electra from IFO in Sony Sound Forge. The white areas indicate headroom in each sample.

EXHIBIT B:

Posted Image

620249[/snapback]

Fallible science is no substitute for Omnipotent Faith. You indeed have lost the Divine Guidance, heretic. :P

Neither track looks as dramatic in Goldwave:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The fact is that their music is intense and multi-layered full-on goa, and it doesn't have as many calmer sections as for example Hallucinogen. If there is overcompression and limiting, it's not that bad IMO. There's still dynamics in the music and I can forgive them because of their musical excellence.

No, wait. I have proof.

EXHIBIT A:

Posted Image

EXHIBIT B:

Posted Image

620249[/snapback]

do you like what you listen?pleiadians that is.

if you do,then spare us the bullshit about these graphs.no offense. ;)

i don't care about these details my friend.

in terms of composition,sound engineering and effect over the human mind and psyche these cds are state of the art...

Fallible science is no substitute for Omnipotent Faith. You indeed have lost the Divine Guidance, heretic. :P

Neither track looks as dramatic in Goldwave:

The fact is that their music is intense and multi-layered full-on goa, and it doesn't have as many calmer sections as for example Hallucinogen. If there is overcompression and limiting, it's not that bad IMO. There's still dynamics in the music and I can forgive them because of their musical excellence.

620295[/snapback]

I'm sure they wouldn't. I just wanted to pick the most offending parts of the track.

IMO overcompression is particularly bad in full on goa tracks because they're very hard to mix in the first place. And let's face it: you really don't need all that volume for anything. Of course one could argue that overcompression is part of the sound, what makes it so full on. To me it just makes the busiest parts sound messy and plain unpleasant to listen to.

do you like what you listen?pleiadians that is.

if you do,then spare us the bullshit about these graphs.no offense. ;)

i don't care about these details my friend.

in terms of composition,sound engineering and effect over the human mind and psyche these cds are state of the art...

620299[/snapback]

I like some of their tracks, specifically from FOL, where the mastering isn't that bad. If you find IFO enjoyable as it is, that's great, you should. Personally I always wondered why I never could like the sound of IFO until I took a look at the graphs.

Anyway, the flames have got way out of hand considering that my post was meant to be only a half-joking piss take on explaining why I can't like it.

I'm sure they wouldn't. I just wanted to pick the most offending parts of the track.

IMO overcompression is particularly bad in full on goa tracks because they're very hard to mix in the first place. And let's face it: you really don't need all that volume for anything. Of course one could argue that overcompression is part of the sound, what makes it so full on. To me it just makes the busiest parts sound messy and plain unpleasant to listen to.

I like some of their tracks, specifically from FOL, where the mastering isn't that bad. If you find IFO enjoyable as it is, that's great, you should. Personally I always wondered why I never could like the sound of IFO until I took a look at the graphs.

Anyway, the flames have got way out of hand considering that my post was meant to be only a half-joking piss take on explaining why I can't like it.

620332[/snapback]

i didn't mean to be offensive.

it's ok with me if you don't like it.

i must notice that this rough,harsh sound is excellent for me. :rolleyes: