What Album Defines GOA for you?

Mindphilux

ah, ok

what's tongue-in-cheek? am i supposed to see a tongue and a cheek in ":3"

618981[/snapback]

No, it's actually just a quirky smile or something. Hell if I know, I use it for every purpose, including as a cat face. <.<

Back on topic before I get b7.

I cant believe anyone hasn't mentioned the one and only album: Pleiadians - IFO.

618480[/snapback]

I wasn't here when he posted the topic, I would be the first one to mention IFO of course... :D

I cannot name anymore albums that define goa for me coz there is too many actually... :)

goa as in the the overall name to describe any style (progressive, full on , oldschool)

texas faggott : petoman's peflet

it is the most original, diverse, psychedelic album ever released imho

618950[/snapback]

Now this is goa taken to a different level :wacko: I love this album too!

I would say its an album that really transent catagories...I really can't put a specific "label" too it but I guess u could call it goa... ;) but goa the texas faggott way!

for me its Pranas album "Cyclone" and Cosmosis "Cosmology" I also consider old stuff from astral too have a pure goa trance feeling like Trust In Trance,MFG first album is also a good take on goa trance imo.

Pleiadians - I.F.O. and Astral Projection - Trust In Trance

Uncompromising depth and musicality and terawatts of energy. No cheese. So trippy. Wonderfully complex. They don't make music like that anymore.

Of course there are other excellent albums, but those are creme de la creme.

asia 2001?

caliornia sunshine?

the muses rapt?

the infinity project?

i cant believe that no one even mentioned these guys :huh:

anw i ant really specify just one album that defines goa but D5-Transdimensional is what pops in my head when i think of magic goa.

its a fucking temple of sonic wizardry!

Thanks for the thread. I needed some suggestions, and now I've got some, and I just ordered a couple CDs. Unfortunately, between Psyshop and Saiko Sounds, neither has any Dimension 5 albums in stock. :angry: So I got Astral Projection's "Trust in Trance" and Hallucinogen's "Twisted".

Thanks for the thread. I needed some suggestions, and now I've got some, and I just ordered a couple CDs. Unfortunately, between Psyshop and Saiko Sounds, neither has any Dimension 5 albums in stock.  :angry:  So I got Astral Projection's "Trust in Trance" and Hallucinogen's "Twisted".

620761[/snapback]

good, you got hallucinogen - Twisted and you won´t be dissapointed, it is the best and most atmospheric goa stuff i´ve ever heard, the production quality of the tracks is unbelievable for this time, now one reaches so good quality these days. Get also Astral Projection - Trust in Trance 2, it is even better than the original Trust in trance, it has the best racks of astral projection, butterfly trip, celestial groove, mahadeva.

if I meant to be picky, I'd say that Juno Reactor & X-Dream are perfect examples of psy-trance, not goa-trance. Goa for me is Astral Projection, Dimension 5, first Cosmosis & Electric Universe albums... More melody, less weird noises :)

618366[/snapback]

Word ! Though I haven't heard Dimension 5 yet. Can't afford a copy :angry:

Under true goa I think one can cramp Koxbox Forever After too ... :rolleyes:

Guest Elysium

if I meant to be picky, I'd say that Juno Reactor & X-Dream are perfect examples of psy-trance, not goa-trance. Goa for me is Astral Projection, Dimension 5, first Cosmosis & Electric Universe albums... More melody, less weird noises :)

618366[/snapback]

To follow this up. I do not agree at all. If you have to use the term "Goa" trance then it's only fair to call everything that was played in Goa as "Goa" trance. Which leads me to say that everything could/can be called "Goa" Trance since most psytrance was played there.

And do not forget that in most parties in Goa at that time all genres was played. From chilly beats to start up a party to deep, trippy, dark twisted and sometimes even a bit scary tunes (wolf's howling - can be damn scary while tripping haha) in the night to uplifting, ethnic, melodic, slower (yes you read it right) music when the sun came up. It was all called Goatrance in Goa ;)

This is why it is so hard to say what best represent Goatrance versus psytrance. Basically it's all the same.

But if you twist my arms I would personally say a release like Sven Väth "Accident In Paradise" since it was inspired from his first trip to Goa.

http://www.discogs.com/release/26503

and

Kox Box's "Forever After"

http://www.discogs.com/release/932

But as I wrote. Evereything can be Goa trance.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Dimension 5 - Transdimensional for sure :D:P

Colorbox - Train To Chroma City :)

And one more example, or else, my list will be very exhaustive:

Shakta - Silicon Trip ;)

to me personally The World of Goatrance vol 2 cd 1 stands out as THE ultimate goa album...

it's a comp incl names like MWNN, Psygone, AP, Bypass Unit, Solar Plexus, Purple Lotus (!) etc

all smoothly mixed...

it was also my very first contact with goa in general, fell in love with the music because of this cd... memories... :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the thread. I needed some suggestions, and now I've got some, and I just ordered a couple CDs. Unfortunately, between Psyshop and Saiko Sounds, neither has any Dimension 5 albums in stock.  :angry:  So I got Astral Projection's "Trust in Trance" and Hallucinogen's "Twisted".

620761[/snapback]

good for you, now tell me how you find the astral projection and the hallucinogen