The 5 best djs..

Diogo

i wanna the 5 best djs.. not the album.. the names, any link where i can find?

tkz <_<

617404[/snapback]

What do you mean the five best rated on the web or as organisations? I didnt find anything when I searched, but here is what I think it would say:

1. Raja Ram

2. Astrix

3. Yahel

4. John 00 Flemming

5. Antaro??

This is absolutely NOT my list, please keep that in mind haha :)

We should maybe set up a top 5 or 10 voting for the best psy and progg djs here on psynews, would be intressting to see what the outcome is!

Regards,

Nemo

i wanna the 5 best djs.. not the album.. the names, any link where i can find?

tkz <_<

617404[/snapback]

I suggest you make up your own mind, because either people just name the biggest name DJs (since they got the most exposure) or they name their friends.

Sometimes they are right, sometimes not.

What you need to do is go listen to DJs spin, perhaps give some online demo sets a chance.

Some of my favourite djs include...

pr0fane(dance n dust, dk) <- progressive & softer full on

raider(3d vision rec, dk) <- blazing 3d vision style twillight full on & chillout.

lepton(lysergic asylum, be) <- only heard a demo so far, but sounds promising, freaky psychedelic music suomi style & forest stuff.

nasa(tribal vision, dk) <- dripping dark psychedelic trance and groovy progressive.

jespar(chillmode/chilldown, dk) <- chillout, dub, downbeat.

clark k(electrobeat.dk) <- funky dropping progressive & tech

f.l.u.x.(germany) <- good progressive with a touch of electro.

All of the above feature tight mixing, great track selection and good understanding of the audience & situation (from my point of view).

I know plenty of more djs - but those are the ones I feel like mentioning at the moment, else the list grows too long :-)

You should be able to find them using google, isratrance or psynews.

- Krell

Maybe you can start with with telling us what style you like, then we may be able to help you, because these days in the trance scene there is no thing like "the best dj", it's al splitted in subgroups and genres, and within those subgroups we can make a "better then others" list I think :)

Some of the best DJ's I've heard (in the psytrance-related scene):

D-Nox (Sprout/Plastik Park)

Tristan (Twisted)

Kristian (Transient)

Emok (Iboga)

Mark Allen (unfortunately doesn't play anymore)

Krell (electrobeat.dk)

Jespar (Chilldown.dk)

Maybe you can start with with telling us what style you like, then we may be able to help you, because these days in the trance scene there is no thing like "the best dj", it's al splitted in subgroups and genres, and within those subgroups we can make a "better then others" list I think :)

617457[/snapback]

Very well said.... :)

pr0fane(dance n dust, dk) <- progressive & softer full on

617450[/snapback]

Krell (electrobeat.dk)

617475[/snapback]

:wub: Love is in the air.. ;)

I have heard that Slater should be one hell of a DJ. He plays proggressive, with electro influences. You are also able to hear, in the releases from Tribal Vision, which style he likes, and in my opinion, it is not bad at all..

617457[/snapback]

don't agree with this... good dj's don't pay attention to subgenre's, just to quality music.

don't agree with this... good dj's don't pay attention to subgenre's, just to quality music.

617593[/snapback]

Not true I have yet to hear a dj that is equally good in more the 2-3 styles ...

Storywise it is very important to pay attention to subgerne's ...

Not true I have yet to hear a dj that is equally good in more the 2-3 styles ...

Storywise it is very important to pay attention to subgerne's ...

617646[/snapback]

Well, I chose to play 3 genres.... Tekktrance, Psy and Techhouse/Techno but under diffrent names of course. I do master them diffrently as well, so there is something about the above statement. I for sure make hell of a better performance playing techy stuff than psytrance hehe :)

I have heard that Slater should be one hell of a DJ. He plays proggressive, with electro influences. You are also able to hear, in the releases from Tribal Vision, which style he likes, and in my opinion, it is not bad at all..

617534[/snapback]

I was thinking the same hahahahahaha :)

D-Nox

Peter Dijital

Anti

Kasey Taylor (playing in Butan Club on my B-day!!!)

James Monroe

In no particular order, they àll wrecked me to pieces at one point in time at least once

617667[/snapback]

Oh, I dont know Kasey, but I totally agree with you on the above! :)

617534[/snapback]

Yep, heard him play at Soulclipse, and his downloadable sets are awesome as well :)

Concerning me and Krell: I'm a good friend of him, so of course I'm biased - but in all honesty he's among the best DJ's I've heard, plus he taught me a lot of the stuff I know.

plus he taught me a lot of the stuff I know.

617722[/snapback]

Good anal is a bitch to learn, but give it time, its sure worth it.

Apologies to djs not mentioned by me, with sore backs from giving me so much head, Im sure your time will come one day.

- Krell

Guest Elysium

I will post my top 5 according to talent and passion and not who's your best pal or according to taste which not nessesary makes the DJ you choose that impressive etc. Even though taste for sure does play a big factor to those who listen.

But to me it's about giving credit to true talent and avoiding making list such as those top 100 list as on DJ magazine where no-talent DJ's can become Mega Stars because they got enough friends. Or even artists from bands who never DJ get on those lists...weird :huh:

1. Little Louie Vega.

In my opinion one of the best technical DJ's in the world. he does nto only DJ. It's a full blown show incorporating 4 Turntabels and various samplers. Impressive.

2. Mike Maquire (Juno Reactor)

The guy always stay totally true to his own taste and musical believes and never go on compromise with mainstream demands as a DJ.

He always have musical surprises up the sleeves.

3. Paul Oakenfold

I do not always agree with his music taste but I can not do anyting else than salute this guy for his hard hard work and because he always keep an open mind to all genres in music.

4. Anders Trentemøller

Not only does this guy make freaking nice electronica. He is also a very creative and openminded DJ. Not always the best technicall DJ. But I give him a lot of credit for experimenting while playing.

5. Robert Leiner

Again a DJ (not to mention an artist) that dare to experiment and surprise. I consider him a very overlooked DJ these days in the sea of so many untalented DJ's that flood every scene. He is one of the few crossover djs' that really know how to educate a dancefloor. He never go on compromise with his ideas.

3. Paul Oakenfold

I do not always agree with his music taste but I can not do anyting else than salute this guy for his hard hard work and because he always keep an open mind to all genres in music.

617775[/snapback]

Heard some excellent sets by Oakenfold over the years, especially his legendary goa-sets and some of his old sets from Cream. After I started DJ'ing myself I must say I'm not that impressed anymore though - I heard a live-recording from Radio 1 this summer and it was trainwreck after trainwreck.