Prometheus - Corridor of Mirrors

Guest antic

Yeah, it sounds mighty. Whether or not it makes it's Dec 17th release date is very questionable though.

616570[/snapback]

why? do you have any inside info?

Herey, Herey...we have a potential contender for one of the best albums of the year.

Actions speak louder than words. It must be a great, I mean a SUPERB album because I haven't heard one superb album all year....just seveal good ones with some great and superb songs.

His "Robot-o-Chan" album was NO masterpiece or anything superb IMHO....but tracks like

Ok Computer

U.R.Beautiful

Universe

Samothraki

Snakes And Ladders

...got my attention. I bought his album because of the good/great songs. Other songs on that album were boring, repetitive I felt.

Either way I'm looking forward to this. :)

Okay...so whatever happened to that free song he let us download in earlier 2006 called "Prometheus Peek??" Is that on this album in a different title or it didn't make the cut?? :unsure::blink:

Okay...so whatever happened to that free song he let us download in earlier 2006 called "Prometheus Peek??" Is that on this album in a different title or it didn't make the cut??  :unsure:  :blink:

616610[/snapback]

The "peek" track you're referring to was just that.... a peek at what's to come. At that time, Benji was searching for track names and asked ppl to submit their ideas to him via PM on Isratrance. That track is now known as Arcadia Magik, and is the opening track.

I also have a few tracks that didn't make it to the album.... strange. They're amazing, very much worthy of being released. Oh well, maybe next time. :P

The "peek" track you're referring to was just that.... a peek at what's to come. At that time, Benji was searching for track names and asked ppl to submit their ideas to him via PM on Isratrance. That track is now known as Arcadia Magik, and is the opening track.

616665[/snapback]

Thanks TranceChick!!

Yeah, it sounds mighty. Whether or not it makes it's Dec 17th release date is very questionable though.

616570[/snapback]

I wouldn't be too sure about that, Twisted seems to be on track again. Koxbox was released on time and if they manage to keep the release date for GBU then Prometheus should most likely also be released on time.

I wouldn't be too sure about that, Twisted seems to be on track again. Koxbox was released on time and if they manage to keep the release date for GBU then Prometheus should most likely also be released on time.

616715[/snapback]

Yeah, that's what I think too. Besides, Benji's album was announced first of those three (Koxbox, GBU & Prometheus) and it was only delayed because of some artwork problems. I guess it's all solved now (or nearly solved), so we should be able to find this under the Christmas tree :)

I'm more worried about that Shpongle pack, but I'm not gonna buy it anyway (got all the albums already) so it's not a biggie.

I think I'm gonna ask Santa for GBU, OOOD & Prometheus (and hopefuly Error Corrective if it makes it) - some rocking stuff for Christmas ;):lol:

616715[/snapback]

I really hope you're right but it's already seen 3 or 4 delays due to artwork problems.

I guess it's all solved now (or nearly solved), so we should be able to find this under the Christmas tree :)

616717[/snapback]

Fingers crossed.

Thanks TranceChick!!

616674[/snapback]

;)

Yeah, that's what I think too. Besides, Benji's album was announced first of those three (Koxbox, GBU & Prometheus) and it was only delayed because of some artwork problems. I guess it's all solved now (or nearly solved), so we should be able to find this under the Christmas tree :)

616717[/snapback]

That's not the cover Benji had in mind though... his vision/idea was more involved with that infamous robot. I'm guessing whoever did the artwork couldn't quite master it... and with all the time that had already elapsed, the cover design was rushed to make the release date.

*Just a guess*

Still, it's definately gonna be worth the wait!

:D

Looks very much like twisted are alive & kicking!

Looking forward to this. Hope it's released here earlier

;)

616829[/snapback]

As far as I know Koxbox wasn't released in Japan earlier, right?

For Twisted's sake, I'm glad they dropped that stupid policy :)

As far as I know Koxbox wasn't released in Japan earlier, right?

For Twisted's sake, I'm glad they dropped that stupid policy :)

616831[/snapback]

I don't think it's twisted's policy, it's just that they had some terrible distibutor problems in Europe but seeing as their Japanese distributor wasn't so crap around the WRA album it was released here months earlier.

A lot of albums are released here a few weeks early though :D

I don't think it's twisted's policy, it's just that they had some terrible distibutor problems in Europe but seeing as their Japanese distributor wasn't so crap around the WRA album it was released here months earlier.

A lot of albums are released here a few weeks early though  :D

616859[/snapback]

I know, but it's a bad policy nonetheless and Twisted should not agree on that!

Internet is a global thing, so if someone gets the CD 1-2 months earlier, it's a matter of hours before it appears on P2P (assuming it did not leaked before the release date, that is) and is available to everybody. Including those, who'd like to buy it, but can't because rest of the world will see it in a couple of weeks. Most people will not pay 3x price to import a CD from Japan - they'll simply download it.

Only hardcore collectors will buy a CD that was available on the net for two months. Most people will prefer to spend their money on something new, something they have not heard yet - there's so much releases lately (I'm leaving the quality factor aside), that you have to make compromises. I know what I'm talking about. Always when I make an order I have to cut it by 50% and the CDs that get cut-off are mostly those I already have in mp3, but I'd like to purchase them to reward the artists...

Japanese a fastidious when it comes to obeying the law! A CD would have to be out here for ages for someone to pluck up the courage to put it on the internet! I myself don't like to share so I never would ;)

...I was disappointed by KoxBox (mediocre album, some nice tracks) and the GBU samples sound like repetitive full-on... Twisted may have sorted out its distribution problems but the quality of the releases is going a bit downhill...

Nonetheless, I still expect Benji to blow us away with his 2nd album!

I know, but it's a bad policy nonetheless and Twisted should not agree on that!

Internet is a global thing, so if someone gets the CD 1-2 months earlier, it's a matter of hours before it appears on P2P (assuming it did not leaked before the release date, that is) and is available to everybody. Including those, who'd like to buy it, but can't because rest of the world will see it in a couple of weeks. Most people will not pay 3x price to import a CD from Japan - they'll simply download it.

Only hardcore collectors will buy a CD that was available on the net for two months. Most people will prefer to spend their money on something new, something they have not heard yet - there's so much releases lately (I'm leaving the quality factor aside), that you have to make compromises. I know what I'm talking about. Always when I make an order I have to cut it by 50% and the CDs that get cut-off are mostly those I already have in mp3, but I'd like to purchase them to reward the artists...

616908[/snapback]

Believe it or not but the WRA album did not appear to net before it was finally released in Europe..

...I was disappointed by KoxBox (mediocre album, some nice tracks) and the GBU samples sound like repetitive full-on... Twisted may have sorted out its distribution problems but the quality of the releases is going a bit downhill...

Nonetheless, I still expect Benji to blow us away with his 2nd album!

617033[/snapback]

Koxbox was dissapointing yeah, however the GPU samples are sweet :)

• 1 month later...

Prometheus's Robot.O.Chan was TOTALLY a masterpiece.

To me that album is one of the most significant psy albums, ever.

Needless to say I'm looking forward to this one.

643969[/snapback]

Definately a masterpiece and one of the few psy albums I still play regularly.

A lot of albums are released here a few weeks early though  :D

616859[/snapback]

Yeah this has nothing to do with Twisted. Most Japanese distuributors (in all genres) insist on getting first release about 1 month before the international release. The reasons for this have to do with the fact that CD prices in Japan are nearly double that of America and many other parts of the world so often it is cheaper for a Japanese buyer to buy an imported version from overseas and get it mailed to Japan than buy the actual Japanese version (for example in trance terms a TIP World release in Tower Records usually costs about $28 USD compared to $13 at Saikosounds). With it coming out in Japan first all those "I must buy it right away" types don't have the option to get it overseas and thus buy it in country at the higher price. This is also a big reason why Japanese versions of many cds have bonus tracks, so to further convince the natives to buy local as it were. This is slowly changing, but you can still see this policy popping up a lot.

Yeah this has nothing to do with Twisted. Most Japanese distuributors (in all genres) insist on getting first release about 1 month before the international release. The reasons for this have to do with the fact that CD prices in Japan are nearly double that of America and many other parts of the world so often it is cheaper for a Japanese buyer to buy an imported version from overseas and get it mailed to Japan than buy the actual Japanese version (for example in trance terms a TIP World release in Tower Records usually costs about $28 USD compared to $13 at Saikosounds). With it coming out in Japan first all those "I must buy it right away" types don't have the option to get it overseas and thus buy it in country at the higher price. This is also a big reason why Japanese versions of many cds have bonus tracks, so to further convince the natives to buy local as it were. This is slowly changing, but you can still see this policy popping up a lot.

644003[/snapback]

Makes sense.

644003[/snapback]

I don't find the prices too bad. I love the bonus tracks & early release dates are great. We got WRA what? 8 months before it was released? No that must have been some shitty distributing.

I don't find the prices too bad. I love the bonus tracks & early release dates are great. We got WRA what? 8 months before it was released? No that must have been some shitty distributing.

644024[/snapback]

I'm only guessing but more likely they had the Japanese distribution deal in place and then something happened to the rest of the world's distrubution deal (or deals) and they had to find some new deal for it elsewhere. Just a guess though. We had a similar problem with our first release where a certain unnamed distribution company agreed to take several copies, but when we were ready to send them they stopped answering our emails for several weeks at a time and started dragging their feet until three months later they finally said "well actually we've changed our minds". The experience was bitter enough for me that I haven't bothered looking into other companies since and have been doing it all myself (which would pobably explain why we are losing money hand over fist... :P )

• 3 weeks later...

I just pre ordered & payed with my Paypal account!

Weeeeee..... I can't wait!!

:D

PRE ORDER THIS ALBUM NOW, IT WIL BE SENT TO YOU 10th DECEMBER

Prometheus - Corrider Of Mirrors