Psynews Mix - DJs get ready!

This was Cybernetica's original post about the project.....

Hey,

I just had this idea, why not make a mix of some good tracks by the Psynews members?

I always like to listen to mixes, because I think fluent transitions and an overall concept are telling a nice story and take you on a better trip than just single tracks.

Thats why I am planning this "mix project" where creative music making Psynews members can get their tracks in a mix together with other users. I did the same thing some months ago on tranceaddict and it turned out extremely well so I am almost sure you will like this one too. ;)

how it basically works:

Easy. If you are a Psynews user you can submit a selfmade tune. If your track matches the criteria which I will specify below, it will be included in the mix. After the end of a set deadline, I will start mixing the tracks you have submit. In the end there will be a long DJ mix (between 1 and 2 hours) available for download from my server so that you all can enjoy it. :)

>>submission rules <<

1. you must be a Psynews member with at least 20 posts to contribute a track.

2. submissions should be at least 192kbps and mp3 format, the mix will be in 192kbps as well.

3. The music you submit should be Psychedelic Trance in any form. You can also submit a psy-chill track for examlpe as intro/outro, but danceable stuff is preferred.

Remember...

... you dont need to produce a track exclusively for this mix project, you can submit any of your tracks, no matter how old they are.

... there will be some kind of preselection, but I only sort out tracks that are not mixable. I will ask you to change the track a little and you can try again.

... you can also submit a second or even a third track, but if there are many submissions coming, first tracks will be preferred because everyone should get their fair chance :)

... I try to include all tracks in almost full length. Only if needed I might eventually shorten the tracks a little.

... The mix should be 1 to 2 hours long, I'd be pretty happy with 20 submissions, but I will also accept more (and make the mix longer) if needed.

... I will start mixing at the end of the deadline. If there is demand for prolonging the deadline, I will do so.

... this is - of course - a fun project and no one of us will get any money with this. But its a nice opportunity for Psynewsers to get their track in a mix, eventually some promotion :P

And the original post was here:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=40591

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic