HOW!?

NT

..to listen to psytrance all day long and visit parties for years and years and years without getting even a BIT bored by it. Damn at this moment i really really really had it with the whole genre, the parties etcetera, luckily i enjoy alot more genres and also visit gigs and stuff like that. But anyway, how do ya all do it!?..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a lot of members here are also in other genres as well such as ambient/chill/IDM/dNB or even techno

so they don't listen to psytrance only all day

+ I think if someone gets deep into trance he will never stop listening to classics albums[ok maybe not daily or just once a month each album or just a few tracks per day].. Variety is the key for me, some days I might listen to psy/goa for no more than 2-3 tracks...

Well a lot of members here are also in other genres as well such as ambient/chill/IDM/dNB or even techno

so they don't listen to psytrance only all day

+ I think if someone gets deep into trance he will never stop listening to classics albums[ok maybe not daily or just once a month each album or just a few tracks per day].. Variety is the key for me, some days I might listen to psy/goa for no more than 2-3 tracks...

612205[/snapback]

Same here, i listen to alot of different genre's... but there are people who don't, and what about the parties... ive been to quite a few parties the last (lets say) 2 years, and I really enjoyed them in the beginning, lots of dancing, lots of fun... If i visit a party now, i won't even move a bit, it's always the same stuff, same people, same music :unsure:

..to listen to psytrance all day long and visit parties for years and years and years without getting even a BIT bored by it. Damn at this moment i really really really had it with the whole genre, the parties etcetera, luckily i enjoy alot more genres and also visit gigs and stuff like that. But anyway, how do ya all do it!?..

612198[/snapback]

When out in the real world I am subjected to POP & HIP POP all the time so I am always ready to listen to real music ( Psy, Goa, IDM, Ambient, Classical etc) & I can never get bored when I know that the woman strangling a cat record is near :angry::lol:

I'll move this ok? :)

612208[/snapback]

OK! :)

Yeah many people like other gengres as well, im into alot of black metal for the time being :)

But as you know, somethings doesnt bore you.. For me this is computers, skateboarding, psytrance etc etc :) I dont get bored with it.. Maybe some day I will ? Who knows

Variety is the as key as Time_Trap said..

And the parties only gets better IMHO, i have visitied trance partys since 2002, and now im grooving alll night/morning ;)

you must be insane

that's the key

and I'm dead serious about it!

No, really. Look in the various other scenes of extreme music (and psytrance is undoubtly extreme music, extreme and underground - to an extent where it's well comparable to other sick stuff out there) ... all the people that go to the parties are young! There are rarely people over 30 or 35 hanging around there anymore - or wait, not that rarely, but all the older ones are freakin' crazy! And why? Because usually they change their lifestyle to something normal, something sane and only listen to some psy at home occasionally anymore - crazy and open you are only at a younger age until you become assimilated by society. People that are extreme or insane or whatever can't manage to switch over to something normal or be assimilated by society, they stay hardcore to their scene until they die or so ... and such people are not sane - in my opinion at least. They are actually mostly losers in everyday life (can't cope with women or whatever and have a miserable work) ... okay, maybe that was too harsh, but you know a bit what I mean - they are generally not satisfied in real life and try to compensate this by "feeling elite" and going to underground parties/underground music.

This argument is not only valid for psytrance, but for most other extreme music out there as well. The people that are really in the scene for a long time, they get crazy. And that's why all of this extreme music is actually not good if you see it from that point. But there's the problem that I can't stop listening to it anymore...

I hope in 15 years I won't listen to psy or other extreme music anymore - or only very, very rarely. And I'm serious! For my own sanity.

I don't know RTP!

I think I probably got into psy as like you described. Now though I really do just love the music and even though now I am rich & popular I am not going to stop loving it :wub:

I don't know RTP!

I think I probably got into psy as like you described. Now though I really do just love the music and even though now I am rich & popular I am not going to stop loving it :wub:

612227[/snapback]

mh, yes, yes ... there still is the (not very big) group of people who really do it for the music, who love the music and nothing else and who do neither have major problems in society or anywhere else and who manage to stay sane ... many skilled artists who actually produce the stuff are in that group too. Although still, a certain crazyness you must have acclaimed by the scene when you are in it for long - and even if it's only the mind damage that the drugs did to you, there is something.

I still am of the opinion that the people who really are in the scene for 15 years or longer have more or less some issue - may it be with their sanity or with anything else, even when it's hidden. Also many of the artists. You just can not deny the fact that prolonged exposure to this kind of extreme music has a major influence on you and your mind. For example I really think Posford is a very crazy man ... and if he hadn't the music to channel his insanity into something good and stay somewhat sane in society (I'd say) he'd be one of those freaks that get their daily haldol or whatever zombie drug dose to be able to cope with life (or maybe he gets? I'll ask him in Febuary :) ). Nothing against anybody, but somehow I think like that.

*sigh* well.. i don't want to turn into a cliche, but my personal experience is, you might need a pinch of psychedelic every now and again to keep the interest going... this is personally my case. Otherwise i can get by fine with chillout and other genre's but my whole interest seems to dissapate after a while. and not related strictly to psy, i will just gradually loose interest in music compared to a 'normal' interest level .

Sometimes is just fine to give it a break after a good overdose of music for about a month, take a breather with no psy. I went through that phase for the last couple of months and now the interest is rising again after a while... it's normal for me. It is also very personal issue on how this situation changes for everyone...

I have been homelistening psy for about four years. I have gotten more into other genres, but the amount of psy I listen to is not smaller, I just listen to music more in general.. And for a little over two years I have been going to parties, not just psy parties, but clubtrance, techno and some rock also. But I prefer psy parties, I just think the music suits parties and dancing extremely good. I don't use psychedelics, music and alcohol is enough for me :) . But let's see how my opinions turn in future, I just haven't been to parties enough to get tired with them, it's all quite new & exciting to me :)

you must be insane

that's the key

No, really. Look in the various other scenes of extreme music (and psytrance is undoubtly extreme music, extreme and underground - to an extent where it's well comparable to other sick stuff out there) ... all the people that go to the parties are young! There are rarely people over 30 or 35 hanging around there anymore - or wait, not that rarely, but all the older ones are freakin' crazy! And why? Because usually they change their lifestyle to something normal, something sane and only listen to some psy at home occasionally anymore - crazy and open you are only at a younger age until you become assimilated by society. People that are extreme or insane or whatever can't manage to switch over to something normal or be assimilated by society, they stay hardcore to their scene until they die or so ... and such people are not sane - in my opinion at least. They are actually mostly losers in everyday life (can't cope with women or whatever and have a miserable work) ... okay, maybe that was too harsh, but you know a bit what I mean - they are generally not satisfied in real life and try to compensate this by "feeling elite" and going to underground parties/underground music.

This argument is not only valid for psytrance, but for most other extreme music out there as well. The people that are really in the scene for a long time, they get crazy. And that's why all of this extreme music is actually not good if you see it from that point. But there's the problem that I can't stop listening to it anymore...

I hope in 15 years I won't listen to psy or other extreme music anymore - or only very, very rarely. And I'm serious! For my own sanity.

612218[/snapback]

mh, yes, yes ... there still is the (not very big) group of people who really do it for the music, who love the music and nothing else and who do neither have major problems in society or anywhere else and who manage to stay sane ... many skilled artists who actually produce the stuff are in that group too. Although still, a certain crazyness you must have acclaimed by the scene when you are in it for long - and even if it's only the mind damage that the drugs did to you, there is something.

I still am of the opinion that the people who really are in the scene for 15 years or longer have more or less some issue - may it be with their sanity or with anything else, even when it's hidden. Also many of the artists. You just can not deny the fact that prolonged exposure to this kind of extreme music has a major influence on you and your mind. For example I really think Posford is a very crazy man ... and if he hadn't the music to channel his insanity into something good and stay somewhat sane in society (I'd say) he'd be one of those freaks that get their daily haldol or whatever zombie drug dose to be able to cope with life (or maybe he gets? I'll ask him in Febuary :) ). Nothing against anybody, but somehow I think like that.

612246[/snapback]

boll-ox.

how about - people simply like this music, and thats it.

how about - being loser is not required to like something for long time?

i think you generalised it too much.

you must be insane

that's the key

612218[/snapback]

This post is so general and deterministic that I won't even bother to reply!

you must be insane

that's the key

612218[/snapback]

Euhm, sorry RTP, but you've gone too far. For the sake of my OWN UNSANITY, I oppone to this argument. As part of the crazy, insane, underground crowd, I can easily say that I don't have unsolved issues in my life, nor I am unable to cope with women, nor I have miserable work...

I turned UNSANE from such hardcore influence, going to parties for decade and more, taking lot of drugs and at the same time visiting various other concerts, lives, sets, ranging from all variety kinds of music. So, I think that your opinion is rather uptight, conservative thinking but I can see some of your points, you've just generalised too much and as always bothering around psychology of things too much. B)

Euhm, sorry RTP, but you've gone too far. For the sake of my OWN UNSANITY, I oppone to this argument. As part of the crazy, insane, underground crowd, I can easily say that I don't have unsolved issues in my life, nor I am unable to cope with women, nor I have miserable work...

I turned UNSANE from such hardcore influence, going to parties for decade and more, taking lot of drugs and at the same time visiting various other concerts, lives, sets, ranging from all variety kinds of music. So, I think that your opinion is rather uptight, conservative thinking but I can see some of your points, you've just generalised too much and as always bothering around psychology of things too much.  B)

612418[/snapback]

Here here!

Variety is the spice of life. If you only listen to psytrance, you clearly suck.

boll-ox.

how about - people simply like this music, and thats it.

how about - being loser is not required to like something for long time?

i think you generalised it too much.

612345[/snapback]

This post is so general and deterministic that I won't even bother to reply!

612381[/snapback]

Plus its an insult to our beloved TranceChick!

612384[/snapback]

Eum ... that post was in no way meant to be an insult ... sorry if anybody feels offended. I didn't want to say that all long-time psytrance listeners are losers or have problems with women or whatever ... after all I probably might become one of those aswell. But it quite sums up my opinion about people that still are hardcore into extreme stuff after several years. Because if you are so long into it you become "extreme" for yourself (let's not call it loser, for that's discriminating, let's call it "extreme", okay?) - if you want it or not. (And yes, you who read this right now ... maybe you are already "extreme" as well, but don't realize it, because it has become "normal" for you...) You know, if somebody came to me stating he/she's 35 and listens to this stuff since more than 15 years and is so into this and that substyle and whatnot and starts trying to talk with me about latest developments here and there I surely think this person must have some sort of issue - and with "issue" I do not only mean problems or that he/she's a loser (that was pretty harsh up there I admit, but it stands there with a purpose as I didn't address all that to psychedelic music listeners only), maybe he/she's just "crazy"/"extreme" because the brain works in a different way to "normal" (some of you don't like this word, those please read it as "un-extreme") people. I mean think about it, when a person knows everything here and there about latest developments and can tell me this and that and even more when he/she's neither a DJ nor a producer (because then it would be kinda required to have such knowledge) then I can most certainly be sure that he/she is investing a lot of time to stay up to date here and there. That in itself is not wrong, but now let's think about why the person invests so much time when he/she could do other things in the time instead - working, going out, socialize or whatnot. I know I must be careful with such statements for I do not want to declare everybody who knows a lot about one style of music as insane.

But now imagine this: a person is about 40 years old, works as a banker, has a family, children, maybe pets and his body is in good shape - a "normal", "un-extreme" person from everyday life, okay? Now if such a person would start to chat with me about latest developments here and there in the underground electronic scene and coming up with details whose to find out you really gotta invest much time then I ask: how can this man bring job, family, friends and all the rest of his normal life under the hood as well when he invests so much time in only this specific underground music? Well, okay, he has a passion, problem solved - or no? Closer looks show that maybe it's not that easy. If this dude was really banker and has a family and has children and pets - that requires quite a lot of time, doesn't it? Remember that this dude probably also wants to relax after job and such ... so it's not that easy - when you have this kind of life your timetable isn't so free you can hang around in the internet checking out the newest records for hours. Or can you? Only solution would be: he only cares for this style of music and no other and dismisses the other styles because he only likes this and only loves this and this is his passion and nothing else. But such people who dismiss other music styles are not my favourite talking partners.

Of course that was a rather bad example, but the core of what I wanna say is that if you have a normal life you normally don't or have rather rarely time for this kind of stuff.

I turned UNSANE from such hardcore influence, going to parties for decade and more, taking lot of drugs and at the same time visiting various other concerts, lives, sets, ranging from all variety kinds of music. So, I think that your opinion is rather uptight, conservative thinking but I can see some of your points, you've just generalised too much and as always bothering around psychology of things too much.  B)

612418[/snapback]

okay, okay, I already dropped the point with "loser" and "problems in life", I saw that I had gone too far with that statement, I don't know the people, so I have replaced it with "extreme".

And Seraph, yes, you are extreme too.

"As part of the crazy, insane, underground crowd", "I turned UNSANE from such hardcore influence" ... that's extreme and you can not have n argument about that.

But that is the point. When I come to my classmates and start talking about that I'm "unsane" or whatever they make big eyes at me and point at their forehead - because I'm not normal. I'm extreme and these people aren't used to it. You are. But that doesn't change the fact that this stuff appears extreme to other people, "normal" people (I know, I must be careful with the word normal, but I'm using it here). You are a freak in their eyes! and that will not bring you further ... it will bring you further in your own circle of other extreme people, but only there, nowhere else. Other people out there will regard you as crazy, as a "You need to get your head examined"-person. But it's all good. Maybe some people even want it like that, I can't be bothered. But I'm bothered about me! I don't want to become extreme and yet are it already! Yes, my dears, people are not taking me serious anymore, they are looking at me as a freak sometimes! And no, I don't want that anymore. I can't be the freak! I want to become a SERIOUS, NORMAL, UNEXTREME and SANE person, without any issues or others looking at me weird when I tell them what music I like! Because the older you and the people you talk to are getting, the more weird looks you will become! Because as I said already above, normal people don't have time for this kind of underground stuff!

I listen to it when I'm in the mood to listen to it, which is somewhere around a quarter to a third of the time I spend listening to music. I, too, don't quite understand how people can listen to it full-time, but I don't quite understand a lot of things. :D

wow! that's an interesting subject to talk....

(but don't forget this is really a personal opinion)

LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!!

when I was a child I listened many stuff , hip hop , rock, pop ,punk , '60-'70 music....

Now I'm listening to psy-trance and chill out/ambient 90% since 5 or 6 years...and never get bored...

I guess it gives me such a good feeling that I'll never loose! It's my universe-expanding and then collapsing.....over and over!

10% I listen to Radiohead , Chemical Brothers , Kruder&Dorfmeister, some Doors , some Bob Marley and some Led Zeppelin and Neil Young....

I'm not going to party a lot , actually because there's too much drugs and youngster people who takes lifes without any care....

I like the feeling of outdoors party a lot , but I miss a variety of people.... younger,older.....and not a 80% fucked with drugs....

..but anyway that's my opinion , everyone is free to do what they want and when I don't agree I search good vibes elsewhere.. I try to respect what I don't understand....and there are sooooo many things I really don't understand!

there's no right , there's no wrong ;)

peace to everyone out there!

Guest Astro Cortex

But that is the point. When I come to my classmates and start talking about that I'm "unsane" or whatever they make big eyes at me and point at their forehead - because I'm not normal. I'm extreme and these people aren't used to it. You are. But that doesn't change the fact that this stuff appears extreme to other people, "normal" people (I know, I must be careful with the word normal, but I'm using it here). You are a freak in their eyes! and that will not bring you further ... it will bring you further in your own circle of other extreme people, but only there, nowhere else. Other people out there will regard you as crazy, as a "You need to get your head examined"-person. But it's all good. Maybe some people even want it like that, I can't be bothered. But I'm bothered about me! I don't want to become extreme and yet are it already! Yes, my dears, people are not taking me serious anymore, they are looking at me as a freak sometimes! And no, I don't want that anymore. I can't be the freak! I want to become a SERIOUS, NORMAL, UNEXTREME and SANE person, without any issues or others looking at me weird when I tell them what music I like! Because the older you and the people you talk to are getting, the more weird looks you will become! Because as I said already above, normal people don't have time for this kind of underground stuff!

612460[/snapback]

So, if I got it right, you're worried about your own situation so much that you think the way others (i.e. the "normal people") look at it has to be the right way, and that being part of an underground music scene can't be compatible with living a normal, "fulfilled" life. I can only say, we have a hobby, or passion, that only few people have, and I hear you about your passion not being taken seriously by others. But I can only advise you to stand by it - you don't have to get told by other people what music (etc.) to like and whatnot, and I think it IS possible to stay sane for someone who just likes "extreme" music, or even goes to parties/concerts here and there. I'm in the "scene" mainly because of the music itself too (next to nothing psy-wise these days, but still underground music), but I started going to psy events just this summer (and I'm planning to see some of my fave artists from other genres perform too, if I get the chance), and I really don't know how that should affect my career or social life or whatsoever. Maybe I'll have less time for it in a few years, as other things in life will take priority, but I can swear I'll never lose my passion for good music. Seriously, how many people have a passion for let's say football, attend matches, are always up to date about their favourite team etc.? Are they all losers in everyday life? In principle, it's really not too different from being in an "extreme" music scene, just that it's way more common. I don't say there aren't these "extreme" people that you described, they're in the psy scene as well as the football scene, and I think it's really your own choice whether you want to stay sane or not, and if you feel like you have to give up a passion for that, then it's fine - some people move on to other things as they get older, but as others have said here, you really can't generalise it in that way.