4.Gt4 (remix)

5.Nord Is Back

6.Fm Amount

7.Worthing Friends

8.To You, Dance To Me

9.Oscar Powerrrr

10.The Acid Dance

11.Flashback

DarkPsy is an artist that I haven’t any clue about him since the Mushy Mystery comp. (Trishula 2005) and his track Elastik Darkness (2nd version) which rocked my world! It was 100% dark psychedelia, powerful and so different. The second track I’ve heard by him I Feel did the exact same thing, acid, robotic, dark madness… One more track by his side project Analog Experience and that’s it! I was a DarkPsy fan. I was never able to get his debut album Fear, so I was really excited when I saw that he released a second album. Well, here it is.

1. The Pitching is just an intro, two minutes long just to enter to Jonathan’s world. Too small to comment it.

2. Ok, time for the first full track. If you’re familiar with DarkPsy’s style you will be surpsrised. Why? Well, the new DarkPsy album is not actually that dark! No, it’s not morning and yes it’s closer to the dark side of psy trance, just don’t except something extra spooky or really dark. Second surprise: He sounds more like full on than dark psy. Bad thing? It’s up to you, but I have to tell you that it’s 100% aggressive stuff and far-far away from the Israeli cheesy-ness. Active Dark Room’s opening has some Rammstein (I guess) samples and the bassline hits the floor. The bass is full on-ish for sure and not dark, but still powerful. Some acid for stretching and a very nice vocal-pad melody in the middle of the track. It’s a powerful track not something awesome though, but this vocal style melody is very good.

3. Stress has much more powerful bassline and kick and it’s darker. In the last two minutes we get some melodies in the Abomination style. There are some nice bass key changes too. Nice one.

4. Hard full on again, but this time much more acid. The first three minutes remind me a bit the old DarkPsy tracks, acid and dark. Then we get a bit more morning melody and the track explodes. Nice one, hard and acidic!

5. Things are getting better and better. Nord Is Back is one of the highlights of the album. If you like the South African psy you’re gonna enjoy this track a lot. Fast basslines, phat percussion, nice melodies and a great ending. Great stuff.

6. Fm Amount. Ok, things are getting very serious now. If you like hard psy this one is for you. The samples are perfect for this track. It sounds really fast, faster than the rest although it’s 148 bpm, just like most of the tracks here. Very fast acid, and very good pads too. Around minute three the bassline becomes very, very aggressive and a fast melody hits the floor. And before you realised it, boom! the melody transforms into acid! Madness! The rest of the track is very powerful with a destructive climax and even more power after that. Dancefloor destroyer…

7. The next track aint’t something great. Not dark at all and the melodies aren’t something great. Some good acid, but not something special.

8. The track with this strange title has a very groovy feeling in it. Again, it’s not dark, but it’s really rockin. Nice melodies here and believe it or not around minute three there’s a Infected Mushroom fairystyle style melody! Nice track, it made me smile.

9. Again a track that sounds really SA styled. The first two minutes are very good. This track is in the edge of dark psy. Kind of typical, but an ok track.

10. The Acid Dance is the track that sounds more typical ful on-ish than the rest. Again not a dark track, but this time it’s closer to morning psy. In spite the title it’s not that acid, but the melodies are ok.

11. Flashback is an ambient track and a very interesting one I have to admit. Besides the clubby sample the track is very good. Freestyle, atmospheric, with some nice wah guitars and nice percussion. Good one!

Overall, it’s a good album. I was worried for the change of his style and I have to say that I prefer his previous dark style more. Thank God this album is really powerful and closer to the SA standards of full on. Actually, it really reminds me the Abomination style. Unfortunately, it suffers from the same disease that Abomination’s album suffered. Most of the tracks are kinda similar. Not their structure, but their sounds. They have the same ‘color’ if you know what I mean. Also, some tracks are mediocre without surprises. From the other hand it’s still powerful, still acid (very acid actually) and much more melodic than his previous works. Jonathan has the talent and if he works harder then we’re gonna hear great stuff by him. Till then I’ll be listening to Fm Amount…

Fav: 4, 5, 6(!), 8

a great album, never fails to get my feet moving. Yes, it is kinda similar, but I dont mind. Im sure it kills dancefloors all the time. The melodic touch to it all is most welcome!

Great work Jonathan! Keep it coming!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought this one was pretty powerful if not lacking in variation. I hadn't heard his earlier work so I cannot compare the two. I don't think you can compare this one to Brethren's album. The latter has a lot more melody you can follow.

I did like the sample work in this one though.

Mdk

Nice review Ormion & thanks for your comments guys!

I'm sure Jonas will love to read this. I'll forward this thread

to him & who knows... maybe he'll join our family here.

;)

I for one just can't get enough of Fear & Silent Noise!

I had to hunt down the Fear Cd as it's been out of print and circulation for sometime.

Finally I was able to buy it used from one of our own memebers here.

What a masterpiece, I struck gold getting this Cd!

The lucky people who have this Cd just don't want to sell it... & I know why!

Mind twisting, brain mumbing all the way from the first track to the last!

Silent Noise is another one of my prized possesions!

It's not 'dark' like Fear, but kicks a great punch to my ears with

hard bass lines and melodic melodies!

A nice change of pace from Jonas...

two Cd's from DarkPsy... two different styles!

Both are winners!

Good news from the Sin Records crew...

DarkPsy has new tracks in the wings for us!

He's also creating more for future releases... versatility is key!

:D

Nice review Ormion & thanks for your comments guys!

I'm sure Jonas will love to read this. I'll forward this thread

to him & who knows... maybe he'll join our family here.

I for one just can't get enough of Fear & Silent Noise!

I had to hunt down the Fear Cd as it's been out of print and circulation for sometime.

Finally I was able to buy it used from one of our own memeber here.

What a masterpiece, I struck gold getting this Cd!

The lucky people who have this Cd just don't want to sell it... & I know why!

Mind twisting, brain mumbing all the way from the first track to the last!

Silent Noise is another one of my prized possesions!

It's not 'dark' like Fear, but kicks a great punch to my ears with

hard bass lines and melodic melodies!

A nice change of pace from Jonas...

two Cd's from DarkPsy... two different styles!

Both are winners!

Good news from the Sin Records crew...

DarkPsy has new tracks in the wings for us!

He's also creating more for future releases... versatility is key!

I tried to find Fear cd for months but without any luck. The samples I've heard are unbelievable!!! I hope one day to finally buy it.

what an extremely uninspired name ... *sigh*

True, but if you read his bio you'll see that DarkPsy is a nick he uses many years ago. I guess he kept it for emotional reasons.

• 1 month later...

his earlier work was indeed much darker, check out the track "I Feel" on the Inti Raimy compo Theta Frequencies, definitely much darker. The album was a surprise for me after his older stuff, but IMO its a good one.

And who cares about the name? At least hes not called "apsolute fullon killargh trance".

As TranceChick said, "versatility is key!" Variety is the spice of life. Im sure even producers get tired of the same old sound sometimes.

• 2 years later...

hi 3 years after lol ,im here to thk you all for the comments. im happy with it, thk trancechik (you disapeared ehehe) and ormion and everyone .

True about the changes between my musics, that why i created a new project called as "high pulse" www.myspace.com/highpulsemusic not updated i've been a bit far away from internet ,but im gonna upload new stuff on the player , meanwhile you can listen to a few holdies there.

about the fear cd imgonna upload the wave musics from the master and put a link for ppl candonwload it . about cover well just amather ofdonwloading them on the internet .

for does who want the waves , contact me at this email

high.pulse1@gmail.com

cheers and all the best

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone , im here to explain about the 2 recent news of darkpsy artist

A new website were you will find more than 70 wave quality musics for donwload for a price of 0.75euro each one , you have a preview of the entire content , and you will find there lots of unreleased stuff and lots of releaseds that are out of market such as FEAR album for a incredible price. here you can find the informations about. www.beatbiz.net?highpulse

Another new myspace you will find more detailed myspace with a new look ,with new musics and you will find the buy option with the tracks displayed on the page.

feel free to invite www.myspace.com/highpulsemusic

enjoy and all the best

PS here is the list

Silent Noise - darkpsy - the pitching

Silent Noise - darkspy - active dark room

Silent Noise - darkpsy - stress

Silent Noise - darkpsy - GT4 rmx

Silent Noise - darkpsy - nord is back

Silent Noise - darkpsy - to you , dance to me

Silent Noise - darkpsy - fm amount

Silent Noise - darkpsy - worthing friends

Silent Noise - darkpsy - oscar powerrr

Silent Noise - darkpsy - the acid dance

Silent Noise - darkpsy - flashback

FEAR - Darkpsy - insanity

FEAR - Darkpsy - Mutants

FEAR - darkpsy - in virus

FEAR - Darkpsy - full psycadelic

FEAR - Darkpsy - Analog Style

FEAR - darkpsy - all sinth are possible

FEAR - darkpsy - sintectic cell

FEAR - Darkpsy - hell in pain

FEAR - Darkpsy - aliens

FEAR - Darkpsy - deamons from hell

VA - Acidsport - Analog Xperiernce - G Force(darkpsy RMX)

VA - Nykto (Dharma Kshetra) - darkpsy - GT4 (original mix)

VA - Hammering The Gates Of Soul (Inpsyde media) - Sector D - No Network

VA - Pheanix rising - trishula records - darkpsy - engine

VA Hocus Peakus (Peak) - AnalogXperience-Fucking chorus (Sector D RMX)

VA - I'm a Program - Analog Xperience - Fucking chorus

VA - mushy misteries - trishula records - Darkpsy - elastik darkness

VA - Jokers Necropolis - Darkpsy - Babba Cannibal

VA - Arc De Triumph - Analog Xperience - Single way out of sadness

VA - fungadelic vibes - fungi records - darkpsy - fucking reverb

VA - Over Identitry (Xilium records) - Darkpsy - G5

VA - FreakDaPumpUp ( - Darkpsy - In Court

VA Theta Frequencies (Inti Raimy)sub label of acidance records - Darkpsy - I Feel

VA - Apsaras - Fungi records - Darkpsy - Walking hiper

VA - Impulse (biomechanic records) - Darkpsy - Lets Rock

neverending story 3 - zaikadelic records - Darkpsy - vertigens

unreleased - Darkpsy - Alkaloidian

unreleased - Darkpsy - yelling deamons

unreleased - Analog Xperience - Fucking chorus(darkpsyRMX)

unreleased - Darkpsy - Magnetic Ressonance

unreleased - Darkpsy - Fear.com

Unreleased - Darkpsy - fungus in banga

unreleased - Audialize - twister ( HIGHPULSE RMX)

unreleased - Darkpsy - The Sector

Unreleased - darkpsy psicho vector

unreleased - high pulse - Devotion remix

unreleased - High Pulse - Electric arpegio

unreleased - High Pulse - Going high

unreleased - High Pulse - Infinite Dream

Unreleased - High Pulse - Israel

unreleased - High Pulse - new era

Unreleased - High Pulse - Smooth Lead

- High Pulse - Pulsing Phat

- high pulse - the legacy

- high pulse - teory

- high pulse frozen pulse

- high pulse - Hit on the kick

- high pulse - Pop star

- High Pulse- No limitsRMX(2unlimited original)

- High Pulse VS cosmicStation- AnimalBass

- High Pulse vs X Rated - substances

- sector d - mainstream unisson (Highpulsermx)

- suria - green xandy (highpulse remix)

- Sector D - Burning something

- sector D - Chain Reaction (darkpsy remix)

- Darkpsy - Mainstream unisson

- Darkpsy - Past Before

- Darkpsy - System Restart

- darkpsy - the sinner