Best Dark Psytrance with melodies?

Jon Cocco

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh ! Thanks for reminding me about this album... I still haven't managed to find it. I need it. Yummy. :rolleyes:

indeed very good album, first track perfect :)

enfin

don't know what it has to do with best dark psytrance with melodies :lol:

doesn't matter...

already gave some tips in the past, don't know much about dark

vegetal, fhungus funk is melodic dark...

but indeed I had the same thought as otto mata, maybe you should try some suomi, forestrance...

• 4 months later...

Ubar Tmar's first album,almost all tracks of Magus(pretty difficult to find maybe from a shop with old cd's or something even mp3 of magus are almost impossible to find nowdays),Manibus - Escape album,Sandman - Witchcraft album cant think of more albums right now that arent mentioned above

Portuguese Abduction and Horn Please from Penta freaking owns, just got them and I can't stop listening to this dude, love the dark sounds, great BPM exactly the speed I tend to aim for, in his website I also managed to get 4 free downloads in which they weren't released:

In this section I will have some old and new tracks that didn't find home on CD releases available for download.

Dr. Moselle

2003 - This crazy morning track is unfinished because of the hard drive crash, so download all you want :-)

* Bad a55 song, thank God it's free to everyone, one of the best tracks I've ever listened, pure energy from the beginning.

Monitor

2001 - Oldie, but I still play it sometimes.

* Good, uses some scary, freaky type of sounds very tripping friendly.

Blue Christmas

2000 - Third track I ever made in that December, preparing for the first Penta presentation on New Year's Eve of 2001.

* Soft, low BPM, it's aight nothing special, I kinda think about this on a powerpoint presentation while I am showing something to my group of friends.

Krasniy Kon'

2001 - A wedding song Zak May and I made for our friends Mitya and Yulia

* I didn't like it, some kind of weird guitar, melodic, lounge song, kinda relaxing but not my style, even to chill out sitting on a bar.

After reading most of the recommendations stated from the wise people in here, since there's like 3 threads going on about Dark I came up with a small but great list, at least from my personal likes:

Furious

Psykovsky

Alien Mental

Mind Distortion System

Greg on Earth

Kindzadza

Penta

Haunted Castle

Acid Goblins

Psyetharok

Wooden Monsters

No particular order, but I loved them all, still want to get some Psykovsky material angry.gif anyone care to upload into rapidshare? laugh.gif

• 4 months later...

I wonder if Suntrip Records (since I associate them to new school Goa releases now days more than any other label) will ever find an artist who is able to produce an amazing New School, dark Goa album. The Ka-Sol album was pretty good I thought, but nothing spectacular. And it seemed more Psy than Goa. I'm talking about something that's really stunning as Tandu's Multimoods is for instance. But for our time now.

I wonder if Suntrip Records (since I associate them to new school Goa releases now days more than any other label) will ever find an artist who is able to produce an amazing New School, dark Goa album. The Ka-Sol album was pretty good I thought, but nothing spectacular. And it seemed more Psy than Goa. I'm talking about something that's really stunning as Tandu's Multimoods is for instance. But for our time now.

that would be awesome, space cat 1999 style, or sandman, cydonia, some hux flux :posford:

• 7 months later...

Psychoz - 2012 No Return album (2009).

Samples

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=7742

• 2 years later...

Tim Schuldt Single Collection (album) ... Wow. This album involves strong, dark goa-influenced Psytrance with numerous good & great songs. The track Cascara is surprisingly not dark but beautiful, well done! Then there's Orange Acid... !

Psysex - Expressions of Rage