Best Dark Psytrance with melodies?

Jon Cocco

started listening to dark tunes only recently... so dont have much of an experienced opinion

but here are the albums/artists/compilations that i found killer to listen and bounce to

compilations

A violent reaction

Ah puch - Lord of the ninth dimension

Cryptology

Digital shaman

Durdom

Gnothi seatuon

Lost in the forests

Mechanophobia

Neverending story

Royal straight flush

The dark side of goa

Vision of the future

albums

Wizack Twizack - Behind the trees

Combat - New generation

Psykovski - Debut

Abomination - Enemy within

Psyfactor - Evil inside

Manibus - Escape

Ka- sol - Fairy tale

Horror Place - Hobyah

Scatterbrain - Infernal angel

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claw vs Paranoize - Deadly Alliance

Highko - Noise Brothers on Poison

Cosmo - Gravity

VA - Project Eleusis

Mubali - Cats@ Play

Naked Toursit - Mad Different Methods

VA - Durdom

well it's hard to find actual melodies in dark, the sounds aren't melodic so they sounds more like pitched up and down rhythms :)

i don't really know if this will be your taste, but if you like these i can list you some more albums

well it's hard to find actual melodies in dark, the sounds aren't melodic so they sounds more like pitched up and down rhythms :)

622044[/snapback]

well there's a little something coming in december that might make change your outlook on that statement, keep an eye out for v/a - Vapour B)

You should definitely take a listen to "Phatmatix - Sorcery", this is the best dark full on I listened to in a long while. It actually has some depth, atmosphere and even a dark mystical feel... melodic it is as well imo.

My alltime melodic dark psy track: R.A.M. - Dreamcatcher

Darkpsy - Silent Noise, Sin Records.

622072[/snapback]

Thank you!

:D

I think DarkPsy's "Fear" is the best Jonas has done... imo.

Shhh... don't tell him that 'cause he's changing his style from dark to more melodic.

:P

You should definitely take a listen to "Phatmatix - Sorcery", this is the best dark full on I listened to in a long while. It actually has some depth, atmosphere and even a dark mystical feel... melodic it is as well imo.

My alltime melodic dark psy track: R.A.M. - Dreamcatcher

629381[/snapback]

Yes! Steph's debut album is wickedly dark & twisted!!

He'll be here (Montreal) for NYE... I'm going!!

Cd's on order too.

:D

Xyla's 2 tracks on Shamanfilms are some REALLY dark stuff, with real dark melodies.

Track 8- Nostalgia on Engrams

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/geo/geo1cd005.html

Track 6- Ancient Future rmx on Ah Puch

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sam/sam1cd001.html

and to whoever mentioned Electrypnose: There are melodies there! Track 3- Niapo, Track 1- the Handler, my favorite track 5- Elendil-Oz (Electrypnose rmx)

Mmmm yes, Electrypnose!!

Yummy!

:wub:

• 2 months later...

I added:

Electrypnose - Le Tireur

Encephalopaticys - Psychotermic Meditation

Dark Nebula - Robotic Tongue

Menis - Temporal Insanity

... to the collection, and more.

UPDATE MAY, 2008.

Soon after you're replies way back, I ended up ordering a handful after listening to a plethora of samples based on your recommendations. Keep in mind I own the albums on the list on page 1 (top) so of the one's I wasn't familiar with before that I most liked..

I BOUGHT

Electrypnose - Le Tireur ... Pretty good dark psytrance album with melodies!, His 2006 downtempo one is better tho IMO)

Dark Nebula - Robotic Tongue - Great, strong, dark psytrance album with good/great songs and one really, REALLY superb one.

MENIS - Temporal Insanity ... Very good, groovy and dark goa/psytrance with melodies. Update: I now posted a review on this.

Encephalopaticys - Psychotermic Meditation ... (Very trippy, acidy and psychedelic, almost too acid at times but the atmosphere really brings you in)

Semsis - Letting Go ... Some pretty good tracks, angry, aggressive. The last several tracks are great. Overall it's charged style gets tiresome after a while and is best in small doses.

Toi Doi - TECHNOLOGIC - Some great/excellent tracks and work in dark/acid Goa/Psy trance. The overall style is very repetitive on several songs more than others however. The industrial/metal sound is really unique, fresh, and compliments the dark Goatrance at times. Update: I posted a review on this in the respectful section.

Considering...

V/A - THE NORDLAND ORCHESTRA ... (An underrated comp/gem maybe? I won't know until I've heard the whole thing)

MENOG - NATURAL BEHAVIOR ... Sounds good, interesting.

I suppose all the top best, greatest dark goa/psy trance albums with melodies have been mentioned throughout this thread. If any other info is available feel free to add something! :)

Technologic was disappointing to me. Really great sound but repetetive as hell. If they'd added some interesting variety to their tracks it would be a favorite.

Yeah part of me felt mixed the more I sampled it relative to the albums I bought. Technologic is currently available on Saikosounds and psyshop, (I wish they'd make other stuff too) and I kept going back every couple of weeks to hear it again. Eventually I focused on enjoying the ones I felt sure about. On the other hand, the reviews for it here in the 2000 section are impressive (to say the least) and they just don't make stuff like this anymore. Several songs (especially 8) just sound so damn cool...

It's strange... people on this site were calling it Full On back then.. (?)

There's so much great stuff out there but it's hard (especially in dark goatrance) to continue searching for stuff when there seems to be virtually nothing left. Every abyss has a bottem though, you eventually hit it.. or you don't and go insane. :):D

For those interested in buying Menis - Temporal Insanity for under 5 pounds, see this link.. It's a very cool, dark goa/psytrance album but please don't expect groundbreaking or anything spectacular if you buy it on my recommendation. For a good price it's worth it if you generally like dark goa/psy IMHO.

www.amazon.co.uk/Temporary-Insanity-Menis/dp/B00002MYLJ/sr=1-1/qid=1168960731/ref=sr_1_1/026-9196274-1896432?ie=UTF8&s=music

don't know if it's mentioned yét but

"fhunghus fhunk", very good melodies too be dar, even was once and & while,

very good :)

Sideeffect, thanks for telling about this one.. Can't find it anywhere to sample tho.. i.e: psyshop, saiko.

V/A - THE NORDLAND ORCHESTRA ... (An underrated comp/gem maybe? I won't know until I've heard the whole thing)

Do you mean Frantic Noise-The Nordland Orchestra? Frantic Noise is 1/2 of Megalopsy. Looks like you may be out of luck, it must be good because I cant find it either!

Also, Megalopsy is good but not really melodic.

I hear also that Xyla may have an album soon!!!! Xyla has some of the darkest trance Ive ever heard, and not in the "ooh Im a black metal head, I ate my drummer" sort of way. Her stuff is also very melodic, darkly melodic.

Guest Rezwalker

I think this category belongs mostly to Battle of the future buddhas project.

close with Toi doi.

i'm talking about the rare album (?) (mp3.com rls) "Psychedelic home". superb party tracks .

as single track if i should choose only 1 best ever this one is Domestic bliss - Battle of the future buddhas.

What a great thread!

I just wanted to say that I love how Jon started the thread with his own additions to his question, then followed up everyone's recommendations with a detailed response, including likes and dislikes, but without name calling and other negativity. It's no wonder the thread is up to page 3 (soon to be 4) now.

This thread is a great example of a request thread. I have learned a whole lot from this. Thanks Jon, and responders.

I hear also that Xyla may have an album soon!!!! Xyla has some of the darkest trance Ive ever heard, and not in the "ooh Im a black metal head, I ate my drummer" sort of way. Her stuff is also very melodic, darkly melodic.

funny hehe :)

I think this category belongs mostly to Battle of the future buddhas project.

close with Toi doi.

i'm talking about the rare album (?) (mp3.com rls) "Psychedelic home". superb party tracks .

Psychedelic Home is from Toi Doi or BOTFB ?

couldn't find it in mp3.com