Pleiadians - 7even Sister7

And furthermore...not to beat a dead horse...I understand having similar mainstream sound makes for better mixing, but it would be nice if they could come up with something totally new and cutting edge. In my own limited perspective that was a large part of what this kind of music was all about.

I think Jon Cocco and RAH have a fairly accurate perspective on headliner releases. As RAH was saying bigger name labels and bands seem to be able to count on sales regardless of quality. I certainly was a sucker for it before one could preview tracks on the net.

Starbase 11 is decent but most of the other tracks have a baseline reminiscent of some kind of neck tension. This is not to say I don't believe the Pleadians aren't talented it is more that most mainstream psy tunes have a similar sound...I think.

614430[/snapback]

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And furthermore...not to beat a dead horse...I understand having similar mainstream sound makes for better mixing, but it would be nice if they could come up with something totally new and cutting edge. In my own limited perspective that was a large part of what this kind of music was all about.

614431[/snapback]

I understand DJs wanting mixable tracks but psy tracks are 7+ minutes long usually so they could be similar at the beginning & end but very distinct in the middle. Samey all the way through is just lazy

Jus checkin. Was it Famliy of Light on Dragonfly that had the last batch of good vibes on it? If there was something after that let me know.

613169[/snapback]

Euhm, no, they've released the same year as FOL, Etnica - Equator, also very good album. :D

614431[/snapback]

I strongly believe that the greatest reason is the strong pressure to conformity, sound like others so that DJs play them and people listen & buy them. Sadly even heavyweights like AP and Pleaidians don't dare to take a risk.

I tend to agree. There are a couple of bands who seemed to take a different angle. X-Dream, for example, (again in my own limited perspective), tended to stick to a kind of Frankfurt undertone and alot of the old Flying Rhino names went kinda progressive. Speaking of which, what every happend to Slinky Wizard and Technossomy?

I strongly believe that the greatest reason is the strong pressure to conformity, sound like others so that DJs play them and people listen & buy them. Sadly even heavyweights like AP and Pleaidians don't dare to take a risk.

617899[/snapback]

CLICK BELOW for 4-MINUTE SAMPLES AVAILABLE

http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5981

I like the melodies in the opening song. The voice samples aren't bad ether...for FULL ON I must remember.

That track we referred to as "11" is titled Starbase 11 (track 6 here). How I wish there were more goa-influenced songs like that on this album. The melody makes it the MOST Pleiadians-esque song here. The overall old-skool touches are so nice and few and far between. :unsure::blink:

It would have been great to hear more old-skool touches of course.

It's actually NOT bad for Full On / (Clubtrance) ... it's just NOTHING like their older stuff, and we were aware of this anyways.

There are some nice, cool melodies (atmosphere/ambient(?) last track) and Pleiadian touches/sounds. Unfortunately, the overall song structure NEVER does anything that basically is NOT club-friendly. It has some fairly good dance songs for clubs and this is better than much Full On out there ... but since it's Pleiadians this WILL disappointment most fans of their older AMAZING work no matter what.

Their "feel" exists more on some tracks than others. When I say style, I do NOT mean their I.F.O. or F.O.L. style. I mean that on parts and tracks you can just tell it's them, even if it's them doing something a ZILLION times less ambitious and intricate and impressive as what we heard before the group split. There is some catchy work here FOR CLUBS/DANCING. I think these songs are at least better than the average and below average (filler?!) sounding songs they've been releasing since around 2000.

Let's just compare this thing to other Full On out there since this is that.

It's not great and it's not bad either... for Full On. ;)

CLICK BELOW FOR 4-MINUTE SAMPLES AVAILABLE

CLICK BELOW for 4-MINUTE SAMPLES AVAILABLE

I like the melodies in the opening song. The voice samples aren't bad ether...for FULL ON I must remember.

That track we referred to as "11" is titled Starbase 11 (track 6 here). How I wish there were more goa-influenced songs like that on this album. The melody makes it the MOST Pleiadians-esque song here. The overall old-skool touches are so nice and few and far between.  :unsure:  :blink:

It would have been great to hear more old-skool touches of course.

It's actually NOT bad for Full On / (Clubtrance) ... it's just NOTHING like their older stuff, and we were aware of this anyways.

There are some nice, cool melodies (atmosphere/ambient(?) last track) and Pleiadian touches/sounds. Unfortunately, the overall song structure NEVER does anything that basically is NOT club-friendly. It has some fairly good dance songs for clubs and this is better than much Full On out there ... but since it's Pleiadians this WILL disappointment most fans of their older AMAZING work no matter what.

Their "feel" exists more on some tracks than others. When I say style, I do NOT mean their I.F.O. or F.O.L. style. I mean that on parts and tracks you can just tell it's them, even if it's them doing something a ZILLION times less ambitious and intricate and impressive as what we heard before the group split. There is some catchy work here FOR CLUBS/DANCING. I think these songs are at least better than the average and below average (filler?!) sounding songs they've been releasing since around 2000.

Let's just compare this thing to other Full On out there since this is that.

It's not great and it's not bad either... for Full On.  ;)

CLICK BELOW FOR 4-MINUTE SAMPLES AVAILABLE

621989[/snapback]

after a fast listen to those samples i could say only that people who like full on at parties/clubs [ :(] will probably like this album.

no way these are the PLEADIANS, this is just made for money, not to please fans or let ones imagination to fly during creation of this album. i wonder what etnica will sound like following so soon after 7s, probably better, since you cant screw etnicas name, but you could screw pleiadians name, and so they did. pitty. this is made to make some money, but i understand it, you can make money on only what sells, and easiest way to sell something is just to copy what others do, and thats the case.

sell-outs. they could put more imagination into this album, im fucking dissapointed to some point because now its fucking obvious that most likely no one and never will make something worthy under pleiaidians name.

looking forwards etnicas album tho, there i atleast know WHAT to expect ;)

Yeah, I hate to say it but this sounds like everything else. I can still hear a tiny bit of Etnica/Pleiadians in there, but for the most part it sounds like typical, generic psytrance for the dancefloor. Another one bites the dust. :(

Yeah, I hate to say it but this sounds like everything else. I can still hear a tiny bit of Etnica/Pleiadians in there, but for the most part it sounds like typical, generic psytrance for the dancefloor. Another one bites the dust. :(

622112[/snapback]

yeah and the same tiny bit is of etnica from period of those unrsd tracks like walk on the moon, electric shower - those less action packed tracks, allready not tipical etnicas sound of that time <_<

Yeah, ARGH ! <_<:unsure::angry:

Really, only Starbase 11 sounds solid and cyber ( except those build ups on breaks )... the rest is not as bad as other generic stuff, it is rather sympathetic, but it sure is NOT Pleiadians stuff.

Edit : What happend to Vimana track ? Huh, they shouldn't have made the second part of it.

R.I.P. ETNICA/PLEIADIANS. :ph34r:

You're right about those build ups on the breaks. It's really trancey in a mainstream way. IFO had a really raw feel to it. It seemed to be really electric when cranked. Starbase 11 has a some juice to it with a touch of cosmos, but, as you mentioned before, it has that ultra trancey feel towards the end.

Not to get off the subject, the new SunTrip album has a Merr0w track on it. Does he have anything else out other than the stuff under the Psynymph name?

Yeah, ARGH !  <_<  :unsure:  :angry: 

Really, only Starbase 11 sounds solid and cyber ( except those build ups on breaks )... the rest is not as bad as other generic stuff, it is rather sympathetic, but it sure is NOT Pleiadians stuff.

Edit : What happend to Vimana track ? Huh, they shouldn't have made the second part of it.

R.I.P. ETNICA/PLEIADIANS. :ph34r:

622159[/snapback]

wordless! :angry:

really fuck... im so fucking tired of this stupid full on crappy goa sounding shit..

when this patetic music going to stop?!, why people still buy this crap?!...

fuck fuck fuck... this is the only word i can say.

dead to all fullon... and to all trance music of today... realeses like this kill music..

i hated...

fuck them.. take music lessons.. or do somethig with your patetic laptop music...

put some life in it!

:angry:

Can one download any of those tracks? The last time I talked to him (a while ago) he said he only had releases under Psynymph

622233[/snapback]

Yes you can. Just download the m3u stream files to your computer instead of opening them in some audio player and open them in some word processor like Windoze WordPad and you'll find the download URLs in them.

Yes you can. Just download the m3u stream files to your computer instead of opening them in some audio player and open them in some word processor like Windoze WordPad and you'll find the download URLs in them.

622706[/snapback]

or drag and drop those m3u files into winamp and click ALT+3, url will show up as file info ;)