Pleiadians - 7even Sister7

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right of course. I just talked based on the other guys' comments.

611368[/snapback]

He is right, but our ears are also right listening to their recent works from past 5 years. :ph34r:

Guest Rezwalker

they are the same persons who made Nitrox and sharp. so because this release is under different name that means nothing..some ppl can't understand that..with simples words: don't expect anything interesting.

they are the same persons who made Nitrox and sharp. so because this release is under different name that means nothing..some ppl can't understand that..with simples words: don't expect anything interesting.

611452[/snapback]

I think maurizio did something cool with Photonik for instance and if all the album will be like that it would b einteresting, but people, forget analog sounds a la IFO, that's history and will never come back!

How much $ do psytrance producers make for an album anyway?

When people say these artists are "selling out" by releasing "full-on" psytrance - who is actually buying these releases?

Is there some huge market for subpar psytrance?

Does anyone who's not a psytrance fan know who the Pleiadians are anyhow?

I thought the mainstream people listen to club trance like Sasha or Okenfold etc...

Forgive me if these questions seem silly, but I live in the USA - noone buys or listens to psytrance here anyway...

When people say these artists are "selling out" by releasing "full-on" psytrance - who is actually buying these releases?

I thought the mainstream people listen to club trance like Sasha or Okenfold etc...

Forgive me if these questions seem silly, but I live in the USA - noone buys or listens to psytrance here anyway...

611541[/snapback]

It's a very valid question (and your United States citizenship is excused but we still reserve the right to blame your government for anything bad in the world ;)).

Any way, we old school lovers just can't accept the fact that our beloved music with its divine cosmic origin and all is still ruled by the simple laws of the current market economy. But do not forget that although the world is currently ruled by capitalism Shiva could stomp it flat any day if he choose too and then resurrect twisted melodic mushroom fueld analog controlled psytrance.

Boom Shiva!

Right on, I agree - please forgive my USA citizenship too - I was just born here :)

I just don't get it though - I read the Psyreviews review on the new Skazi album - and he says Skazi is the biggest star our scene has known - who is buying Skazi albums if everyone thinks it's terrible music? I've never read a review of someone who said they liked a Skazi album...

Who buys Skazi music anyway?

Is it the people on Isratrance? Are they to blame?

People in the USA don't know Skazi - Skazi sure isn't mainstream stuff here - people know Okenfold, Digweed, various Dj's...

I mean what's the point to wait seven years for a new Pleiadians album, if it's gonna be similar to the Etnica ones? I don't get it!

611341[/snapback]

To make money. Lets' be realistic. Etnica has slowly gone downhill over the years. Although the Pleiads have hurt their name by associating it to weak comp songs over the years, their name still carries allure because there hasn't been a third album yet. Sometimes people on this site including myself generalize what the real world view really is because we people come from different countries and communicate on this site. However, it's just a window amongst many. This site used to be called goatrance.free.fr I believe...which to me means many of us have goatrance roots. We often don't talk about quality alternative rock, pop, industrial, hiphop, etc...because that's not the topic here, but neither is goatrance being made often anymore and we talk about it an awful lot because to it we can relate.

611541[/snapback]

Who will buy this??? Try some thousands of random people throughout the world who go to online shops every day and buy anything that sounds cool to them. We call it crap, but WE also are generally more aware on this site because of this sites and members history. Not to sound cocky...we've evolved and for many of us, so have our standards. We should be greatful for the first two albums. At least I am. I listen to some of their tunes today and it's much better, more sophisticated, artistic, and intricate than virtually all electronica being released now days. If you love Pleiads older stuff and want a third album similar and newer to IFO's style, listen to Filteria: Sky Imput and Heliopolis.

At least there's TRANSWAVE to look forward to. I keep hoping that another one, like Pleiads, AP, Planet Ben, Sandman, Cosmosis...doesn't bite the dust. Look at Simon Postford and how well he did with Shpongle while NOT touching a perfect thing knowing damn well he could harm it forever if he wasn't amazing, that being well duh, Hallucinogen 3. Such awareness is not in everyone though. Artists like Pleiads have to make capital like everyone else. I just wish they'd make a great album because "great" often mean better word-of-mouth and sales, right? Well "great" sales also come from Full On now days it seems because it has the basic formula that doesn't stray from not working on the dance floor, whether it's good or bad Full On.

And I'm not asking for I.F.O. part 2. I am not even asking that they do goatrance. All I ask for is great songs, the best they can make, back-to-back with the two members left. Make them danceable! But what if (passed a decent song or two where they put more effort into it) they just don't care anymore? People change. Groups change. Ideas differentiate and sometimes the artist just isn't as passionate anymore. So why continue to make music? Because making music is all he or she knows. That seems to be the case with The Pleiadians.

5-7 years ago I would have said fuck them and argued with everyone who disagreed with me, but I'm more aware now. I realize that at the end of the day it is what it is. I don't like the direction they've gone based on tracks released by them over the past 5 years...and we can look forward to bigger and better things regardless how big the disappointment...bigger and better OTHER artist albums that are give us what we consider awesome for our time now.

It is what it is.

The Pleiadians, the REAL Pleiadians ended in 1999 after the F.O.L. release. When the disappointment hits for certain with this release, we shouldn't waste that much more energy on a pointless topic because that's like investing in a crashing stock. Pleiadians have been going down and none of us have control to bring their group back together to what it was so why get irritated over that?, and I fully agree with you guys, but it is what it is. The positive side is that this third album may only further prove why their old work is so classic and appreciated. :)

He is right, but our ears are also right listening to their recent works from past 5 years.  :ph34r:

611379[/snapback]

Exactly, referring to our ears.

611541[/snapback]

They do listen to club trance like Sasha and Okenfold!!

But you're not 100% about some things. For example, I live in the USA. When I first started posting here back in 1999-2000, hardly any of my friends were aware of what psytrance was. I used to actually drive up to the clubs and blast my music outside as people were getting out. Occasionally a person or several approached my car and said stuff like, "What is that? Where did you get that? It's awesome sounding."

I got a bunch of my buddies into psy coz trance music is considered Sasha and Okenfold for starters. But there is NO scene in many parts of the USA so people tend to hang out where other people do. If you have no psytrance scene and like trance, you're likely to go to club trance places just to hang out and have fun. Years later I learned thousands of people (I presume thousands because I'm aware of close to 100) order online psytrance albums right here in the USA. And there IS a psytrance scene. It's in California and attracts people who live in CA from all different countries.

Our scene is not nearly as big as many other countries and many people in the Central and North East are unaware of any scene, especially in those areas....but the US scene is rapidly growing. People in the USA don't generally go to FULL MOON to my knowledge (some people do I presume) ... They go to Burning Man. Haven't you yeard of BURNING MAN festival??? That's the big one in the USA in Navada. Over 40 thousand people go each year I heard. My friend drove there in 2006 at the end of the summer. And yes, they do play Psytrance, lots of psytrance!, dancing, partying, fires, giant set-ups like Full Moon pics I've seen. Many famous psytrance artists, Dj's and famous people are known for going each year.

Check Burning Man festival it out here.

http://www.burningman.com/

I just don't get it though - I read the Psyreviews review on the new Skazi album - and he says Skazi is the biggest star our scene has known - who is buying Skazi albums if everyone thinks it's terrible music?  I've never read a review of someone who said they liked a Skazi album...

Who buys Skazi music anyway?

611936[/snapback]

People who buy Skazi can't write!

on topic

I really don't care what this sounds like. I am going to buy this album regardless because I think their previous 2 albums deserve that this album is listened to completely. You miss so much dismissing something because of the samples. I've ended up really liking something I didn't like the samples to.

This isn't going to be as good as IFO or Family of Light but it might be some good music.

Hhhmm ok I suppose there are just people who buy random stuff...

There is a psytrance scene though here in the USA, no doubt - I live in California (near LA) and go to psytrance parties periodically - most the people at these parties though just seem to be there for the scene in general - rarely do I talk to someone who recognizes the artists playing....

Has Sandman gone down the tubes or something?! His last release under the Sandman name was "Psychotoones" right? IMO "Psychotoones" is one of the best psytrance albums ever - it's in my top 5 anyway....

His "Greenhouse Effect" side project was pretty decent oo, but not outstanding...

I'm listening to Time Dilation by old Pleiadians and loving every second of it.

I found several superb and not so great songs by them earlier. The comps they're on are unavailable to buy everywhere I've looked and these are available else where. ;)

- Deep Frequences ....................................... Wow!!, an excellent 14:52 sec long Goa Ambient one!!

- Time Dilation .............................................. This is fantastic!!

- Zeta Reticuli Lazy (spiral mix) ..................... I'm sorry it's not superb. It's just reeeeally good. :D (!!)

And I think I just heard the weakest tracks ever by old Pleiadians. They're called Sonic System and Ciberland and they still kicks ass, lol. It would be cool if the newer songs (at the very least) were on par and better than the weakest songs from old Pleiadians. Because even those are pretty good!!

You know...it is amazing how fluently and gracefully they built, combined, and developed sounds and melodies. Just listening to their older stuff, the way they blend sounds together, how it flows. The way they elevate certain layers above others reminds me of how waves flow over and through other waves in the ocean. I'm just listening to these songs I never heard and they're beautiful. Their Deep Frequences song is impressive for an ambient one. Their rhythms and tunes are deeply catchy and engaging. Their mixing abilities... I love how they combine sounds at different tempos and keep adding and echoeing sounds on top of sounds. It's like, you don't want the song to end at times. It's captivating.

Jus checkin. Was it Famliy of Light on Dragonfly that had the last batch of good vibes on it? If there was something after that let me know.

613169[/snapback]

Yeah, that was pretty much it, with the exception of the occasional Etnica track since. Admittedly, I haven't listened to thier handful of tracks on the several compilations they've appeared on in recent years.

Yeah, most of the newer Pleadians and Etnica stuff is not so good. After Starship and Famliy of Light it sounds like they kinda sold out to the mainstream psy sound.

Yeah, that was pretty much it, with the exception of the occasional Etnica track since. Admittedly, I haven't listened to thier handful of tracks on the several compilations they've appeared on in recent years.

613175[/snapback]

Those samples are the 'boring bits' of each track... Here are my impressions of the 7even 7isters album:

I BELIEVE - EXQUISITE track! nostalgic& melodic with a very ol'skool sounding vocal sample.

STARBASE ELEVEN - yes, lots of goa-infused riffs in it. sci-fi mystique abounds.

GALACTIC CONQUEST - lots of arpeggiator synth sequences and a great arrangement, super-dynamic for the pleasure of dancefloors. very very nice.

ATLAS - my personal favourite along with I BELIEVE and WOTW, as it is both a dancefloor pleaser (the rhythmics are great) and nice synth lines accompanied by utterly evocative pads.

CONDITION CRITICAL - lots of sci-fi atmospherics, i love it cos it reminds of older Etnica trax, in that sense.

WAR OF THE WORLDS - pure class, very elegant track. Slower bpm but full power.

VIMANA P.2 - melodic climax at the end of the track, the arrangement starts off with a 'recap/reminder' of the first Vimana - and that unforgettable sample from Roswell...

OUT OF TIME - classy slower track with a nostalgic melodic ritornello...

DANCE WITH ME - track conceived in Milan with THE ARKANOYDZ, probably the clubbier track of this lot.

All in all I think it'll be a hit on the dancefloors and among dj's, but those looking for IFO will be disappointed :ph34r: I think it is an excellent artist album with lots of Pleiadians feeling and, unfortunately for some: lots of modern characteristics.

Why is the actual track titled "11" not on the tracklist at saikosounds? :blink:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=5981

It says it is here. Is this unofficial?? :o

http://www.discobole.gr/en/product.asp?pid=108849

Young,Oct 3 2006, 05:33 AM

All in all I think it'll be a hit on the dancefloors and among dj's, but those looking for IFO will be disappointed  :ph34r: I think it is an excellent artist album with lots of Pleiadians feeling and, unfortunately for some: lots of modern characteristics.

613262[/snapback]

I think people realize there's no I.F.O. sound anymore because even their second album was very different from their debut and that was back in 1999. And their singles following F.O.L. were no where closer either IMHO. If it's an excellent album with lots of Pleiadians feeling, I have to hear that for myself, because the "feeling" they've been giving me since 2000 has generally been weak and average. I've avoided buying any of their comp and Etnica stuff.

Do modern characters mean Full On?, typical club psytrance? It would be ashame if they placed some of their touches into something average. So many great goatrance artists return 5-10 years later with something that has no ingenuity, something that doesn't stand out, something that everyone else is doing...they smack their name on something generic (maybe with a few certain melodies and sounds here and there to pay homage to fans) and $$$ seems to be the only reason.

I mean, just listen to MFG. It had several nice melodies which reminded me of MFG but I'm not supposed to be occasionally reminded of the group I'm listening to. The album is supposed to be good because these artists were leaders setting the example of what was novel and great. That's why it's so disappointing to hear Full On coming from AP, MFG, etc... because these artists have proven they can accomplish so much more.

Did Pleiadians basically follow the path MFG took, doing their version of Full On? I presume they are. Money talks louder than making fans happy from 10 years ago.

All in all I think it'll be a hit on the dancefloors and among dj's, but those looking for IFO will be disappointed  :ph34r: I think it is an excellent artist album with lots of Pleiadians feeling and, unfortunately for some: lots of modern characteristics.

613262[/snapback]

its all ok, but will it have some PERSONAL touch of pleiadians or just lousy recycled ideas of modern psy? i mean - i dont ask for ifo, but i would like to see some evolution in their sound, and i dont know why, but overused full on/psy sounds is not what i would call evolution, if its that what you mean with modern characteristics :).

anyhow, with so many releases from those two im really looking forward to their "new" stuff, maybe there will be some nice non-cheesy track, worth etnicas name [if not pleiadians] :).

Edited by reger

I think Jon Cocco and RAH have a fairly accurate perspective on headliner releases. As RAH was saying bigger name labels and bands seem to be able to count on sales regardless of quality. I certainly was a sucker for it before one could preview tracks on the net.

Starbase 11 is decent but most of the other tracks have a baseline reminiscent of some kind of neck tension. This is not to say I don't believe the Pleadians aren't talented it is more that most mainstream psy tunes have a similar sound...I think.

Those samples are the 'boring bits' of each track... Here are my impressions of the 7even 7isters album:

I BELIEVE - EXQUISITE track! nostalgic& melodic with a very ol'skool sounding vocal sample.

STARBASE ELEVEN - yes, lots of goa-infused riffs in it.  sci-fi mystique abounds.

GALACTIC CONQUEST - lots of arpeggiator synth sequences and a great arrangement, super-dynamic for the pleasure of dancefloors.  very very nice.

ATLAS - my personal favourite along with I BELIEVE and WOTW, as it is both a dancefloor pleaser (the rhythmics are great) and nice synth lines accompanied by utterly evocative pads. 

CONDITION CRITICAL - lots of sci-fi atmospherics, i love it cos it reminds of older Etnica trax, in that sense.

WAR OF THE WORLDS - pure class, very elegant track.  Slower bpm but full power.

VIMANA P.2 - melodic climax at the end of the track, the arrangement starts off with a 'recap/reminder' of the first Vimana - and that unforgettable sample from Roswell...

OUT OF TIME - classy slower track with a nostalgic melodic ritornello...

DANCE WITH ME - track conceived in Milan with THE ARKANOYDZ, probably the clubbier track of this lot.

613262[/snapback]