warm, trancy, melodic un-housy progressive

Anoebis

Hello!

I'm looking for music in a very certain style... not many cds are in that particular style, but I will give it a try anyway as I'm not really into progressive...

I'm searching for very melodic, sometimes on the edge of normal trance, groovy but NOT housy, warm, dreamy progressive... the perfect example is S-Range - 2001 or some tracks of Human Blue (like Carpe Diem and Sandal Wood), Atmos - The Only Process,...

I heard some tracks in the same style on Boom from Andromeda and Liquid Soul, but the albums are not really that style all the way... So ok, now everyone that can help me with tracks/albums in that particular style... Shoot! :)

Have you tried the latest Reefer Decree album? Don't know if it's groovy enough but it sure is melodic without being housy.

Side-A

very melodic warm and emotional (with lot's of analog and almost oldschool melodies but still progressive).

funny enough that this guy (olivier cambier) just compiled "after hourz" a prog house release although his own tracks are definately not prog house.

Check:

Side-A - Synopsis 1.1

Side-A - Alter Ego

hope this is what you are looking for.

Well I love these and IMO they represent the style you're after:

Andromeda - Temptations

Andromeda - Sensations

Andromeda - The Remixes

Neelix - Resident

Neelix - No Way To Leave

I hope there's more stuff like this  <_<

606355[/snapback]

ya, agreed :D

As you said yourself Anoebis, Andromeda & Soul Surfer get under that description pretty well...also Echotek, Sun Control Species and Lish:rolleyes:

606197[/snapback]

Lish I second :)

But Echotek ... hmmm ... that is already too close towards fullon I'd say :huh:

Nice music though :)

lish - slow me away

lish - sea side hills

vibrasphere - elephant (lish rmx)

tomtron & liesegang - brasil

tomtron & exanimo - rising

element - pad song

noma - soon

noma - another time

flowjob - super dupa supernova

flowjob - fluff me tender

flwojob - life extensions

flowjob - run baby run (the big escape version)

flugbegleiter - schichtwechsel

frechbax - schraube (rmx)

gaudium - walking in circles

The whole Flowjob is excellent imho, but to me it is rather housy (slow and groovy) so I didn't recommend it.

I was going to suggest both freq albums and perhaps the latest haldolium as well.. but it's not exactly the same..

606672[/snapback]

Yeah the new Freq differs a lot from strange attractors IMO. Both are equally good though.

Other suggestion: Atmos - Second Brigade a lot of the tracks are warm, trancy, pretty melodic not so housy and definitally progressive tracks. But on the other hand maybe not what you are looking for Jos.

Gaudium?