The Origin Of Samples

abasio

Altered States (1980)

has a bunch of nice samples! I remember I saw it in tv once and I knew almost all that they said spooky ;)

been used in:

Prana - Alien Pets

Hallucinogen - Shamanix: ''The way I feel I don't expect to go to sleep for a year. I'm on fucking fire." Nice one B)

and many others,

hmm... there is one I just can't seem to remember, I'm quite sure its from the same movie... something like "Into your mind, into your mind..." from some well known goa track(s).. does anybody have a clue of what I talking about.... :blink:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Final Fantasy - The Spirit Within has been sampled a lot, and its a very samlpe friendly movie! the last sample I heard from it was on Penta - Every Machine but I really like how its used by Psycraft on New Moves, dont remember the exact track though...

ED: And almost forgot Panick - Close Range (from Rocket Pocket) :) I like those samples :)

• 3 weeks later...

[hmm... there is one I just can't seem to remember, I'm quite sure its from the same movie... something like "Into your mind, into your mind..." from some well known goa track(s).. does anybody have a clue of what I talking about.... :blink:

605543[/snapback]

yeah!!!

but i cant remember what track its in either!!! :ph34r::(

Fick....now am stuck with this loop of the track in my head...the only remedy is to listen to the whole track...

Thanks drosophila.... <_<

:):P

yeah!!!

but i cant remember what track its in either!!! :ph34r:  :(

Fick....now am stuck with this loop of the track in my head...the only remedy is to listen to the whole track...

Thanks drosophila.... <_<

:)  :P

628544[/snapback]

No problem ;)

hmmm now I got it as well... shit! I have tried to look through a few of my old cds has to be there some where.... ahhh but can't find.... :o loop stuck...inside....my.....head... :wacko:

Heard some Orbital and psy samples in THX 1138 last week. Fuckin' great movie, too.

628667[/snapback]

Looks nice this one I have'nt seen it though, G Lucas and F F Coppola prodution must be good ;)

So have to be listing for those samples :P

I dont know the name of the song, but the sample goes, "chemical messages" then it gets drawn out into a chhhheeeeeemmmmmmiiiiiiiicccaaaaaaaaallllllllllll.. etc. Also, "psychoactive" which echoes with a -choactive-choactive-choactive.

Anyway, I was watching this program on A&E, called Hooked talking about drugs and things, then they got to talking about LSD, and this guy on the screen started to talk about the "chemical messages" it sends to your brain, in the same voice from the song. So its not always shows and movies, sometimes its documentary stuff. Pretty informative program, with no "drugs are bad, mmmkay" shit going on. Biased reports on drugs are useless propaganda.

hehe, I like Cosmosis' track Wierd Sick Twisted, with Homer Simpson talking about "wierd strange sick twisted EEEVIL STUFF! And I want in!"

Some of the lamest samples Ive heard are on (RIP Zolod) Kill Fucking Bill, Terminators track with the samples from Pitch Black or that other Vin Diesel space movie. Sorry Zolod but Im just not feeling it. Rest of the track is good enough.

Track 6 on Sonic Seasoning from Trishula has a sample from Sin City, Mickey Rourke's character saying, "This is the old days, the bad days, they're back, theres no choices left, and Im ready for war". Im sure many people have complaints about talking about being ready for war in a trance song but I think it works just fine, especially if youve seen the movie. Theyre making 2 more BTW!

I was just watching Ren & Stimpy and I suddenly heard the line "OK Space Cadets! Prepare to hurtle through the cosmos!" Now I'm sure that's the sample in The Green Nuns of the Revolution - Ring of Fire

I also remembered the sample from Atomic Armadillo, "they have no word for fluffy" was from a Blackadder episode.

I wonder how many other samples in tracks I hear are from TV or movies that I haven't seen.

What are the origin of some of the famous samples?

603291[/snapback]

you should have been on the twisted party, the croud just flipped out completely when the sample was played

you should have been on the twisted party, the croud just flipped out completely when the sample was played

629405[/snapback]

hahah, yeah, that was pretty amazing :)

I remember the first time I saw The Island of Dr. Moreau..

reference

629419[/snapback]

Yeah! It was quite the weird experience for me too! And really like that goat-man sample: "NO... NO MORE SCIENTISTS NO MORE LABORATORIES NO MORE EXPERIMENTS... I THOUGHT U WOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND........ NO MORE"!!!

(used in IM - Over Mode) Its brilliant ;)

it's up & running..

630471[/snapback]

Must just be me then. When I click the link I just get

ページを表示できません。

検索中のページは現在、利用できません。Web サイトに技術的な問題が発生しているか、ブラウザの設定を調整する必要があります。

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

次のことを試してください:

[更新] ボタンをクリックするか、後でやり直してください。

アドレス バーにページ アドレスを入力した場合は、ページ アドレスを正しく入力したかどうかを確認してください。

接続の設定を確認するには、[ツール] メニューの [インターネット オプション] をクリックします。[接続] タブで [ダイヤルアップの設定] グループの [設定] ボタン、または [LAN の設定] グループの [LAN の設定] ボタンをクリックしてください。 設定情報は、LAN (ローカル エリアネット ワーク) の管理者か、ISP (インターネット サービス プロバイダ) が提供する情報と一致する必要があります。

インターネット接続が検出されているかどうかを確認してください。ネットワーク管理者が設定を有効にしている場合は、Microsoft Windows を設定して、ネットワークを検査して、自動的にネットワーク接続設定を検出することができます。

[ツール] メニューの [インターネット オプション] をクリックしてください。

[接続] タブで [LAN の設定] をクリックしてください。

[設定を自動的に検出する] を選択し、[OK] をクリックしてください。

サイトによっては 128 ビットの接続セキュリティを要求するものがあります。[ヘルプ] メニューの [バージョン情報] をクリックして、インストールした暗号強度を確認してください。

セキュリティで保護されたサイトを表示するには、セキュリティの設定でそのサポートがされているかどうかを確認してください。[ツール] メニューの [インターネット オプション] をクリックします。[詳細設定] タブで、[セキュリティ] までスクロールし、[sSL 2.0 を使用する]、[sSL 3.0 を使用する]、[TLS 1.0 を使用する]、および [PCT 1.0 を使用する] チェック ボックスをオンにしてください。

別のリンク先を表示するには、[戻る] ボタンをクリックしてください。

:(

What is LAN?