Early Juno Reactor Music

Mindphilux

I really enjoy Juno Reactor's early trance... Transmissions & Beyond The Infinite.

Is there anymore artists that have made that kind of trance?

602433[/snapback]

Not really, they are pretty unique in their sound :)

You could try http://www.discogs.com/artist/Exquisite+Corpse or http://www.discogs.com/artist/Psychick+Warriors+ov+Gaia but I cant promise you like it... I LOVE it though :D

I've heard X-Dream's earlier work sounded a little like early Juno. Can anyone confirm?

602634[/snapback]

Mmm, not from my experience. To my ears early X-Dream is sort of cheesy, largely simplistic, happy music more associated with straight-up trance rather than Goa or more experimental stuff like early Juno Reactor.

I think what makes an album like Transmissions so great is its uniqueness. But the downside is that there really isn't much like it, at least not conistently by any one group.

If I were to give a recommendation, I'd say take a listen to early Total Eclipse, especially the double-CD Violent Relaxation album which has some laid-back, moody as well as playful tracks like Transmissions. If not entirely similar, at least an undisputed classic of the early genre.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say check out the first Order Odonata compilation, and then explore the artists you like on that one.

602700[/snapback]

Yes, or mission2trance. Anyways, X-Dreams EARLY EARLY stuff is somewhat similar, there is a couple on Tunnel that are super nice.

AND I totally DISagree about Ottos statement that it was cheesy, but prolly you havent heard the real early works with X-Dream :)

EDIT: It was supposed to be DISagree not agree! :D

AND I totally agree about Ottos statement that it was cheesy, but prolly you havent heard the real early works with X-Dream :)

609888[/snapback]

Argh ! X-Dream were never cheesy, they just didn't happen to make RADIO sound from the beginnings... :D