What are your favourite festivals?

What are your favourite festivals?

After going to a good number of European Trance Festivals this year and last, I realised that although some festivals come pretty close to perfection, they are never truly without fault, and there are always some festivals that do better or worse at some things that others. With this in mind, I've decided to conduct a bit of a survey to see what festivals people liked best and for what reason. If you want to join in the fun, please copy the questionnaire below, delete my responses, and put in your own. Please feel free to add comments to back up your selection, and dont forget to put in the year - things change a lot from year to year...

Thanks for your help, this should be really interesting if I can get enough responses...

-Toad

1. Which festivals have you been to (Trance festivals only)

Glade (2005,2006), Sonica(2005,2006), Voov(2005, 2006), Freedom(2005), Boom (2006), Atmosphere(2005), Indian Spirit(2006), Omni(2005)

2. What sort of Trance do you most enjoy (types or artists)?

Full-on rising melodies, Funky progressive, Astrix, D-Nox, 1200 Mics, Phanatic, Psysex...

3. What Trance annoys you

Techy stuff, unpredictable breaks, non-melodic stuff.

3. Which festival has the best...

a) location Boom/Freedom Festival/Atmosphere

B) decoration? Indian Spirit(2006)/Boom(2006)

c) atmosphere/people? Indian Spirit(2006)/Boom(2006)

d) crowd size? Boom(2006)

e) music? Sonica(2006) - Psynema on MDMA! / Freedom Festival(2005) - 1200 Mics rule!

f) range of music? Boom(2006) - The chillout was amazing!

g) sound system? Boom(2006)/Voov(2005)

h) Light/laser show? Voov

i) food? Voov(2006)

j) markets? Boom(2006) - The markets were so well organised. The restaurant was genius!

k) washing/toilets/water? Glade(2006)

l) attractions/amenities? Boom(2006)/Freedom(2005)/Sonica(2005,2006) - Having a lake is definitely a bonus!

m) weather? Boom/Freedom Festival/Sonica

n) camping? Sonica - the shade camping is a great idea!

o) transport links? Voov - it has a train station!

p) security?

q) drugs/drugs availability? Boom - the best acid I ever ate!

4. Any festivals that did really badly at any of the above? (give reasons/comments)

Boom(2006) - the music during the night time was really techy and non-melodic. My friend even said once "they're playing Hard-Style"!

Indian Spirit(2006) - not enough toilets...

Voov(2006) - I know it's not their fault, but the weather ruined it for me this year.

5. Rank the following categories in order of importance to you (most important first)

8) location

3) decoration?

6) atmosphere/people?

10) crowd size?

1) music?

12) range of music?

2) sound system?

7) Light/laser show?

15) food?

17) markets?

9) washing/toilet facilities?

13) attractions/amenities?

4) weather?

14) camping?

16) transport links?

11) security?

5) drugs/drugs availability?

6. Based on the above rankings, what is your favourite (or top 3) festival(s)?

Boom/Freedom Festival/Sonica